Thread: Underdressing in uniform

Underdressing in uniform

This may have been talked about before - but how many others underdressed while they were in the military?

I was in the Navy and would wear panties under my winter uniforms and working uniforms / dungarees when I was on shore duty. During the summer when we wore our whites it was impossible to do so since everything showed through.

But during the winter months it was panties everyday with a camisole or bra now n then.
    I had a few close calls and one - are you wearing panties?? from a shipmate that I was thankfully friends with.

Anyone else?

I was never so daring when I was on active duty. In fact, dressing wasn't a priority in my life at that time.

Navy here also. Never in uniform. One of the things that led to me deciding to resign my commission was the acceptance that I could not stop CD'g, and that this was not compatible with what I did in the Navy. I preferred to end it on my terms. It was the right call.
    Ah, one thing I did though. I tried to use Nair on my face. Stupid kid. It left marks. My XO, who was a philanderer of the worst kind, always looking for someone who was cheating like him, asked if "your other woman made those?" Naw, I just scratched on some bricks. He didn't believe me but he was nowhere near the truth.
    Last edited by Valerie Louise; 09-27-2022 at 03:58 PM.
    Just call me Val

Platinum Member
    Army here. I was totally in denial phase during my tour of duty. I did not dress or underdress at all for those two years and almost a year thereafter.

I was Air Force. Never did anything in uniform, but off duty occasionally. I had roommates so I had to be careful. I was in single room for two years. That was the better time.

I was in the Army and never underdressed during my enlistment.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Navy here as well. Never in uniform. Off duty...that was a different story. It got easier as I moved up in rank as I had private quarters and then got harder after I got married.
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

I also was in the Navy; but, wasn't at all into crossdressing in those days. As an aside, I very clearly remember when I enlisted (1965) there was a questionnaire we had to fill out. Two of the questions were: 1) Do you expect your Navy experience to be like McHale's Navy? and 2) Are you homosexual? In those days, I'm not so certain if a sailor was caught wearing panties that he would not have been assumed to be gay and received a fast discharge.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I was in the Army. I was trying to put "all that stuff" behind me and just be a normal man - whatever that's supposed to be. So there was no dressing of any kind for me while I was in.

Needless to say, it didn't work out. I was a terrible fit for the military and did not reenlist. Shortly after getting out I went right back to the real me.
    Last edited by SaraLin; 09-28-2022 at 07:37 AM. Reason: typo

I was in the Royal Navy, never did underdress or anything femme at that time and for many years after. I suppose being brought up in a home of Mum, Dad & 3 boys didn't help. My CD'ing didn't take off until I was in my 50s. I missed a lot!

US Navy here. I never underdressed in uniform. I wasn't willing to risk the consequences. All sorts of circumstances can happen onboard ship. One moment you're kicking back watching TV, the next you've got flash gear and an OBA on. Too many variables to consider. I just didn't try. I remember an incident that happened onboard one of my ships; a snipe had been seen going into a gay bar. He ended up getting strung up in engineering, beaten to hell and back, coated in oil, etc. If I had any thoughts of underdressing, they evaporated that day.

I was always envious of women in the Navy when they wore the dress white uniforms; the ones with the skirts. Really simple outfit, but wow did I want to be wearing that.

Sasha, did you were a camisole or bra with dungarees? Brave Those shirts, even with a t-shirt under, were pretty thin!

Navy here. Never not once while in uniform. In civvies sure but never while working. DADT was in effect but getting your ass kicked because the crew thought you were 'gay' was a constant threat.

I was in the army from 1969 through 1972. I wore only male clothing while on active duty.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

USMC Vet here. Never did while in, don't recall thinking about it much. Once I got out and on my own is when it really started.
    I just want to be me, and be happy.

I was in the Army from 1977-2001, but never underdressed while in uniform. I did underdress off duty in civilian clothes however.

Air Force here. White cotton panties during the last four or five years, occasionally bra during night shift if I worked alone. Occasionally I would even wear forms. Never got caught. Served over seventeen years.

I am not a vet, so can not answer the question. But I am wondering how many of you vets have read Kristin Becks book Warrior Princess. She certainly underdressed at times while in uniform. A good read if you have not read it!

Air Force for 6 years. I under-dressed in panties and bra on occasion only during the colder months the second half of my enlistment. I think a couple of my budddies knew or suspected but was never certain.

Platinum Member
    United States Army (1969-1971); While I was in I had no thoughts concerning wearing women's clothing. In the infantry in Nam the only thought I had was keeping alive. Over the years, trying to figure out how I tick, that period of my life always had me thinking. My war related PTSD counselor is of the opinion that each man and woman has some dna of the opposite sex in his or her genetic makeup; In some there is more than others. I think the male dna profile was rising to the need to survive and suppressed the other. Back then, to be caught cross dressing would have gotten a person tossed out of the military.

Airforce - bra was common, but preferred leotards as they were tight all over, especially around the undercarriage - made getting out of a flight suit more fun
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz