Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how many Crossdressers actually go out dressed on a regular basis ?

Heather, youve been bitten by the going out bug now, lol will be hard to keep you in now

Probably only those who are fully out of the closet and are living their life as a woman, go out fully dressed every day. I underdress on a daily basis (panties and pantyhose) and wear skirt and heels at home every day, but still only go out fully dressed once or twice per week, mostly in the evening for a walk around the town, maybe sometime shopping in nearby town where I don't expect to run on someone I know. I do wear some more unisex looking women's clothes and shoes when I am outside of my home, but not every day and only a few selected items I don't expect others to identify as women's clothes.

I go out as often as I can dressed as Joanne! I love doing so!

Before I got married, I use to go out 2 to 3 times a week. Now once or twice a year
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I go to the grocery store,Walmart, Target and gas station even the Mall....on
    a regular basis. Multiple times a week.

I've not had an issue. I do it 10 miles plus from my home lessening the
    chance of running into someone I know.

Covid really upset my times to be out dressed and that was then followed by a long drought for many months until recently. Hopefully with the cooler autumn weather and a more settled routine at home, I can get back to my once a month outings. Like many of us married girls, we have to balance our desires with the dynamics of our responsibilities of our families.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

Quote Originally Posted by Debs View Post
    Heather, youve been bitten by the going out bug now, lol will be hard to keep you in now
    You've got that for a fact. Yesterday's trip out was different than I had planned for a couple of reasons. The first reason is I was really happy with my makeup. That said, I hid my eyes behind sunglasses as I don't have eye shadow, liner, and eyebrows figured out yet so I didn't even attempt those. Also, the traffic was somewhat heavy and slow moving so I didn't make it to the outlet mall I wanted to go to. Nonetheless, I did make it to Hamrick's and bought a denim skirt and a blue striped top. I am going to return the skirt in favor of blue jeans. I also had an Amazon order delivered to a locker that I picked up. I had purchased 3 pair of Hanes Silk Reflections thigh highs and 3 three packs of L'eggs thigh highs. Because I wasn't quite as far from home as I would have been at the outlet mall, I decided to head home. On my way, my wife called to say she would be home at least an hour earlier than planned. That gave me time to get home, take a few pictures, and put everything away, remove my makeup and return to male mode by the time she got home. Heather's next time out is the 22nd.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I almost always go out when I am dressed at least 80% of the time. I'll dress down jeans and flats and head to the mall or just walk some city streets in a busier part of town. I have to see how I pass or if I am just looking so ravishing that people just have to look LOL. Usually it seems no one notices, no stares, no comments, no anything. I don't know if its good or bad. I guess it means I am passing or at least no one cares.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I have been averaging about twice a month lately. There's a CD/TG monthly event I try to make every other month or so. The rest are shopping, coffee bars, that kind of thing.

I live just South of Atlanta. I get out about twice a week, usually Wednesday and Saturday. I get out and have lunch in the metro Atlanta area. After lunch may spend some time at Walmart, Target, Barnes & Noble.
    Last edited by char GG; 10-13-2022 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Please no personal information on the public forum/rules and for your safety.

I go out dressed at least 6 days a week doesn?t matter daytime or night actuality prefer daytime over nigh anymore. Makes me feel more normal and at one time I would only go at nighttime thinking I wouldn?t be noticed as much. I was wrong and get less noticed during the day than any other time. You just have to get your courage up to do it in the first place. Everyone that dresses needs to do it more you?d be so surprised no one really cares I?ve come to see.

Debs, I'd guess your 80% guess is on the low side. As a side thought, look at the data for this site.
    Just now +- 390 visitors on the site and only 21 members.
    For what ever reason +- 20 times more people choose to browse this site rather than join.
    FEAR would be what I would guess holds back the majority of us that crossdress from 'living the life'.
    Just read the posts, a outing is a 'event' rather than the norm.
    Heck, dare to say this site wouldn't even exist if society was as open as many of us wish it was.
    Just to be honest, I'd guess many more of us would venture out more often if we felt confident that our appearance would 'pass'.
    Or also if we felt confident that our appearance would not draw unwanted attention and possibly unwanted actions.
    Where we live is another concern, If you live in a small town that are mostly people with a 1950's point of view.
    It is a given that a guy wearing a dress might be the topic of rumors for weeks.
    If you live in a metro area with fluid thoughts IMO it makes it easier to venture out.
    I'd guess most of our active out 'members' live on the west coast, specifically California as their appears to be a more open attitude their??
    Just my thoughts? Could be wrong?

Oh yes!!!

The more you do it, the more you do it!

mac.jpg

The only restriction my wife has asked for when it comes to my clothing choices is that I don't go out dressed. Unless it is October and I can use Halloween as an excuse. Which is why I have 4, maybe 5 events I am hitting this month.

Mmm a couple of times, to one mall with my wife, several times in the car and walk the half of a block to visit a friend.

Not me - I sneak out at night once or twice a year just to get out of the house. Usually I just go for a drive and don't even get out of the car. But last year I went to a CD makeover studio on a weekend afternoon, spent about three hours there, and then came home without changing back. That was the first and only time I've been dressed in front of other people...on purpose, anyway. I have definitely been spotted while out and about despite trying to be covert. Heading back there for another appointment in December!

I'm also planning on going to a therapist appointment soon en femme. If I actually go through with it, it will be the first time I leave my house dressed while the sun's still up and first time going to a busy/public place. I'm both really excited, and terrified, LOL. We've talked about my dressing at length so it's not like I'm going in there to make a surprise announcement, but the whole process of getting there will be an adventure. Or maybe not? I dunno.

From when I first started crossdressing, in 2014, I was going out 2-4 times a week cross dressed, to bars and nightclubs and music venues. As that time progressed, I also started going to restaurants, shopping openly in malls, and mundane tasks like getting groceries or getting gas for my car, while dressed. But I felt that, at most, I was gender fluid, and at home and while working, I remained male. I was also pretty certain that even if I decided to fully transition, I could never afford it.

By 2018, my social life was almost exclusively en femme, and I suddenly found out my insurance would cover the cost if I wanted to transition to full time as a woman. I talked to my doctor as soon as I could, and never looked back. Four years later, in 2022, I am living very happily as a woman, and awaiting confirmation for the scheduling of my final, lower surgery.

Not me at the moment. Apart from not really having the confidence to do so, I'd b'? a little nervous about being "discovered" as it were. maybe I will one day

I figure 80% or more DO go out. I never dressed to stay in. There were some specific things that I only wore for the mirror or the camera, like a formal dress or something too risque, but after trying that stuff on I'd head out in something appropriate.

On the other hand, If the number of people who go out dressed is proportional to the ratio of lurkers to participants in this forum, I'd say the proportion of folks who do go out would be 20% or less.

I mean, we are talking worldwide, not just one country, right?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Silver Member
    I go out regularly dressed as a Man In A Dress. In my particular case, trying to pass as a woman would be a massive FAIL. I feel this is a more honest way for me to live, and many female acquaintances have told me I am the most courageous man they know.

Aspiring Member
    Me! I go out regularly. Hiking in a preserve or park, out to grocery or bookstore, local farm market, shopping at Kohls, Macys, Target... I'm a MIAD. No wig, sometimes a hat. Little or no makeup. I've gotten bold in our little town.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    I do! Although I don't go out CD'd as much as some others here do, it is on a regular basis for me..... Anytime I have a weekend off from the road, which is every other weekend. LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Quote Originally Posted by ShirleyN View Post
    Not me at the moment. Apart from not really having the confidence to do so, I'd b'? a little nervous about being "discovered" as it were. maybe I will one day
    This is where I am, I want to wear clothes in public straight away as a new crossdresser but am nervous about being seen by anybody who knows me

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

As a new cd I intend to go out dressed once or twice a month but it won't be locally, maybe 40+ miles away.

I have gone out underdressed many times but have never gone out wearing typical womens outerwaer. Not ready for that. And at this point in my life, I doubt if I will ever do it.