Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how many Crossdressers actually go out dressed on a regular basis ?

how many Crossdressers actually go out dressed on a regular basis ?

I have spoken to several of our girls here in the uk and it is of my Opinion that not many actually step outside the house, and go shopping, out to pubs and clubs etc. I reckon maybe 80% never go out beyond the house perimeter, maybe Im wrong that is why Im asking your viewpoint. Please Im not judging anyone there are many reasons why some of us girls cant, but as a crossdresser the urge to step outside dressed was always my ultimate goal and I could have never just stopped in the house when I reached the point of being fully dressed, makeup heels wig jewelry and just stare out of the window.

I go out regularly and it is such a thrill.
    I go out both daytime and night time.
    Staying home dressed cannot satisfy me completely.

I don't get the opportunity to dress fully very often any more but when I do I try to include an outing for shopping or maybe a drink or dinner. When I had more oppportu ity I would get out a couple times a month.

Debs does this include getting out of the car?

Kym, bit of a grey area there, lol

I go out when the opportunity arises.
    Funnily I find shopping as Ellie far more relaxing and less self conscious than shopping in male mode.
    I do go shopping for clothes and shoes in male mode but find its much less stressful when dressed as Ellie.
    My wife has said she is open to us going shopping and going to the movies as two girls soon. Looking forward to that

Platinum Member
    I am out in the community regularly, mostly doing mundane things like going to the bank or grocery shopping. Occasionally I will stop for a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. As I have gotten older, I just do not go out at night as often as in the past.

I'm out and about about once every week or two. I would be out more but this situation seems to work for both me and my wife.

I also have limited dressing opportunities, but when I do I tend to go out dressed. I've been grocery shopping as well as clothes shopping dressed. I'd be out everyday dressed if my situation allowed for it. To be quite honest, I'd transition if it wasn't for where I am in my life right now.

Roxie
    Just starting and lots to learn. Enjoying letting my girl out.

I was getting out a couple times a month but recently my dressing opportunities are limited last time out shopping was was early August. I would go out weekly if possible.

Debs,

I have not kept track, but if I had to guess I would estimate I have been out around 15 to 20 times this year. Being out in public has always been a desire of mine, and I know how hard it is to make that jump. If you are able to pull it off, there is no going back as you well know. It is the interaction with others that makes it possible to really relax and have fun.

Sandi

I usually go out 2x a week.

Debs, I think that is probably a really hard thing to put numbers to. Here in my city there is definitely a pattern anyone can see. In a few areas there is an abundance of CD-Trans people, both MTF and FTM. I think we kind of congregate in certain areas where we can feel very safe and welcome while other places we are a rarity. But if one includes those who use the mix and match expression it seems a bit more generalized and I am one of those. Clear indications, but still a bit ambiguous. But Denver is a bit unusual in that it is a city that is pretty Trans friendly. Other nearby communities are much less so and a few are clearly contrary and non-accepting. In my own neighborhood there are a few that are out and about in full plumage. I see them taking walks or going by enroute to a nearby bus stop to go downtown where we are more abundant.

Aspiring Member
    other than one Halloween when i was a teenager, i have never been outside the house in a dress. or a skirt. i dont own a wig.

i have been out in womens jeans, yoga pants and shorts, booties and low heeled pumps and flats, underdress and light lipstick.

i have too many masculine features to try to pass (and i dont care to try) and really dont want to be miad in public. just not a good look for me

LOL! Good one. Touche', girl.

I was going to say "About seven."
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

I started venturing out nearly 20 years ago and have done so since.
    It's nothing exciting like it was at first. The thrill of being out in public wore off a long time ago. I'm actually glad it did as it has allowed me to become more comfortable with who I am and has changed my style from what was a bit showy and attention getting (nothing extreme mind you) to that of the "average woman" and I like it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Reality Check
    I go out occasionally, but not to bars or restaurants. I just walk the mall or the park and try to avoid having to have a conversation. I am trying to pass as a woman, not be accepted as a crossdresser.

Also, I don't walk out of the house or return dressed, I change in the car. That makes it far more difficult.
    Krisi

I use to go out all the time when I use to live next to a handful of accepting clubs. Something fun to do in the late evening after the grind of life slowed down. But then I moved, and lost the closeness of those “safe” areas. Somewhat recently, I have been going out during the day shopping and whatnot. Even to my favorite liquor stores. They didn’t seem surprised at all when I walked in. Lol. I do remember that very first time I ventured out of the house as Jasmine. It was the most nerve-wracking, scariest thing I have ever done in the world! I still get a little nervous when I go out(specially if it’s been awhile since my last outing), but it does get easier.
    Just recently I went out without makeup on. I was away on business, had a LBD & heels with me, and needed a few things from the store. I shaved my face very close, pulled my hair into a high ponytail & took the long walk to the convenience store. I was nervous, but once I left the building, there was only going forward, not back. People generally did not care. Was that a smirk, or a smile from the kid at the cash register? I don’t know. I doesn’t matter, because he was very nice. When I got back, it felt that I had conquered Mt. Everest!
    Last edited by jazmine; 09-29-2022 at 09:37 AM.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

The 80% estimate may be conservative.

Twice a week, on average, for my shopping routine. Other occasional errands, too. I have a circle of friends who know and have seen me crossdressed. Sometimes I join them enfemme at public events.
    Last edited by Patience; 09-29-2022 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Added my own answer.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    My chances for dressing are only limited by my work schedule, which changes month to month. There are also those days that you can dress, just don't feel like it or are not up for it. Lately, i have had a few more opportunities to dress. When i do dress, i almost always go out, usually shopping of some sort, be it grocery, clothes or whatever. I have gone to bars and restaurants, both by myself and with the SO, and sometimes friends who also dress. Staying inside just does nothing for me.
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

I suppose it depends on your interpretation of "dressed". Personally, when I go out, I am dressed in all female clothes but pass as a man. This morning, I had to go to the grocery store and every stitch I was wearing, including my shoes were bought from the womens department of the stores I shop at for clothes, be it online or in person. The only thing I left at home were my forms.

Im just starting to go out. It?s been about once a month for the last four months.

I go out 6-10 a year. I wish it was more often. I frequent Trans events as well as going to clubs and bars with my wife.

I used to go out once a week, but things changed and now i rarely get an opportunity to go out dress. I do dress more at home than I ever did though.

Circumstances , non accepting wife and 2 daughters at home have curtailed going out for me. Opportunities indoors are infrequent too. I did go out many years ago to a support group. Got dressed there . Never did the shopping, pubs and clubs thing.Would love to but my purge in 2020 has drastically reduced the wardrobe to a small stash. Also not as confident as I was as a youngster. Used to love shopping and trying on and buying clothes at a trans friendly dress shop that closed 30 plus yrs ago.The owner helped, encouraged and inspired me at the time. Marriage and kids then intervened so I stopped. Started again but if I go missing its where ? Why? and with who? Frustrating at the moment but I live in hope.