Thread: A quote from Sun Tzu........

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"

A quote from Sun Tzu........

...... who was a Chinese military general, strategist, philosopher, and writer..... who lived during the Eastern Zhou period which was about 475 B.C. to 221 B.C

" Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment -- that which they cannot anticipate." .

As it relates to us.... dress and look like a woman, people will then just assume that you are a woman.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 09-29-2022 at 07:04 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Using that logic, put on a horse suit and everyone will assume you're a pony?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

And if you dress up as Batman, will people think you're Batman?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Those are not serious analogies.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 09-30-2022 at 07:36 AM.

Why not? When I've dressed up as a woman no one thot I was one. Including me.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    It's assumed that one does not look like and sound like King Kong.
    It's just when someone is reasonably passable. Keep in mind that not all woman are beauty queens.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 09-29-2022 at 07:58 PM.

You never met my first wife. She was a lot like King Kong just smaller

"Reasonably passable"? That means u haven't passed, Barabara.
    When u pass, they without a doubt thot u were a woman.

That is VERY different from being treated nicely and politely as a trans. I have passed a few times in my life and the difference was like nite and day!

People see what they expect to see based on certain criteria. Face to face I'll never pass but my experience has shown me that many have assumed, and that's the important word, assumed, I was a female because I ticked all the boxes to the casual observer.

I dress for the time and place, commensurate with a woman my age and try to emulate female mannerisms, walk etc, as much as possible.

And how do I know they thought I was a woman? I was walking out of a store next to a GG. As we got to go outside a car alarm was going off. She commented about it to me and I could see from her surprise that it was only when I replied she realised I was CD. She saw why see expected to see based on how I was dressed.

This is what blending achieves. To hide in plain sight, merge into the crowd. Be one of the masses.

If you agree or disagree with Barbara Jo and her quote- statement.
    That’s fine
    But be respectful please.
    If you answered already …move on .
    Not a debate forum….the constant back and forth can get you time off the forum.

I feel like we are in grade school sometimes and I am of having to bring out the ruler.
    Last edited by Di; 09-30-2022 at 06:04 AM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Barbara Jo, I agree at a distance. Close up, not so much.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I agree Barbara Jo and I think the philosopher's statement is quite true when it is taken and applied seriously. And that is exactly what I see when I see CD/Trans people who have a normal "fit in" approach experience in real life. If you are going be sensational don't expect many in the general public to take you seriously because you are not presenting a serious expression. I fully agree with Di's comments. Thank you, Di. Helen also puts it very well.

Banned Read only
    So are somewhat masculine born females not passing as the females they are?
    There are many born females that have faces with rather masculine features...even some famous females.

It is how one presents herself.overall
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 09-30-2022 at 08:30 AM.

Barbara Jo,

I like how that quote fits what many here try to do. Who knew Sun Tzu was an expert on blending in!!
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Banned Read only
    BTW, by "reasonably passable" I meant in the mind of a given CD.
    IMO, many are too critical/paranoid about the way they look just because they do not look like a young beauty queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    If you agree or disagree with Barbara Jo and her quote- statement.

... I am of having to bring out the ruler.
    That could be fun.

Sorry, You are right but I couldn't resist.