Thread: Been a while ...

Been a while ...

The last time I dressed up was shortly after my last birthday. I did a hot vampire thing for Halloween and that was it. Shortly thereafter, family came to visit and I was back to being the man they all expect me to be. And then things got weird... Big family fights, big deals made of small things, blow ups, shouting matches, then silence and peace once they all left. It was totay unrelated to my dressing up, just a perfect storm of imperfect events.

After they were gone, I was in go mode. I had quit my job back in September and finally had the time to dive into my business plan, making things happen as the Winter gave way to Spring.

This whole time, I had packed and hidden away all my clothes. I was getting more focused in my work, increasing my discipline and self-care. Inevitably, this leads to becoming more fit, and as a result, more masculine. It all started to make a little more sense to me, I guess...

In my natural state, at my optimum, un-edited self, this masculine form precedes me. My femininity, which I used to hide, or was rather unaware of, I now accept as part of me and my behavior. It has allowed me to be more comfortable with my Self. On the other hand, all this damn hair! With so much on my plate, the maintenance alone is overwhelming to me, so
    I'm learning to love this beast in the mirror, full well knowing the beauty is in there...

This Halloween, I'm going to try and embrace the fluidity of my revelations by dressing up as Pan. Not Peter. Pan. Maybe over the holidays I'll have more incentive to switch up again ...

I don't really know, and I guess there's no right answer...

Alexa, You are correct there is no right answer, every one of us is different.
    Just be aware that this side of you will never go away so it is easier to embrace it and enjoy it.
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    I've found that my need to dress goes away when I'm really busy, and when I'm mentally in a good place. I am far more comfortable with my masculinity when I'm happy with my family life, a d with my professional life.

I've also found that using testosterone also makes me feel more manly, and my trans side really reduces in "noise" within my head

Crissy,

You are so right, it will never go away, just enjoy...

Davina

Like Charlotte, when I'm really busy I tend to feel the need to dress much less. However, when I feel stressed out the need to dress gets stronger. Does dressing give me comfort which relieves the stress? Is the stress created or magnified by not dressing? (Questions my therapist used to ask). Crissy is right - it never goes away. I've benn waiting over 50 years!

I've also found that I have less desire to dress up when I'm busy with things I like doing, but even when the urge is at its lowest, it's still there. I'm still working on finding a consistent place for it in my life.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Alexa, I'm glad you got a chance to dress. I don't get to dress as much as I would like and how busy I am sometimes is the cause.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".