Thread: Crossdresser Wanderlust: Is it Actually a Thing?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Crossdresser Wanderlust: Is it Actually a Thing?

Hey, Y'all.

Certain recent threads and posts have brought into sharp relief the contrast between those of us who go out in the world crossdressed and those who don't.

This forum is here to provide entertainment, information and support, so it is not surprising that those of us who crossdress publicly would encourage others to do the same. It makes perfect sense: the more we normalize public crossdressing, the easier it becomes for all of us. Every new post that describes someone's outing is always met with enthusiastic, or at least polite approval.

But is this desire to go out more than a need for fresh air or a symbolic (or not) act of political (or not) conscience? Are we, as we are drawn to don the clothing of women, drawn to go out (not necessarily being seen) wearing these clothes?

In another thread, another member of the forum said her crossdressing experience felt incomplete if she didn't go out. I never thought of my own experience in those terms, but I must admit that now I'm used to it, I would feel I was missing out a lot if I were not able to "let the genie out of the bottle" anymore, so to speak. Some of us post videos of ourselves walking on public streets, others take pictures of themselves in parks (guilty!).

So I am beginning to think that wanderlust (or whatever you want to call this urge to go out) is an actual thing and an actual part of being a crossdresser. Sure, not all of us can act on it and those who can't must add that to their already long list of frustrations, but for those of us who are drawn to go out and actually do it, what is it that moves us to go out and risk public ridicule and/or violence as part of our experience? Does making ourselves pretty have less of a point if no one sees that we are pretty? Are we quietly flaunting ourselves while we are out, acting like we just want to blend? Is it some kind of vanity?

I like to think when I go out crossdressed that I am not only expressing my femininity but also exercising and testing the limits of my freedom, but I suppose some less charitable people could just say I'm being a show-off. If I am honest, I must admit I like to be seen to look good when I go out and that I put a lot of thought into how I look. On the other hand, I also want the people who find crossdressing outrageous to be outraged. I am open to any honest, non-violent reaction, but would really rather be left alone, which fortunately is what actually happens.

I hope that lot made sense. I may have to clean this up. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Patience; 10-01-2022 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Typo. Still editing.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!