Thread: Trying to be brave

Trying to be brave

I went out of town about 2 hours away from where I live to meet some other crossdressing gurls. This was a few weeks ago and we had agreed to meet at an LGBT friendly club to have a few drinks and socialize. It was a Friday night and the club was having drag Queen performances. I stayed at a hotel for the night as it was to be a late night as we didn?t meet until 10 pm and the club was open ?til 2 (or 3?). I got dressed in a nice new rouched dress, made myself up, and put on my 3 inch wedgie sandals. Since it was still pretty warm I was bare legged, no nylons. I tried to slip out a side door as I didn?t want to go through the lobby while dressed that early in the evening. On my way walking down the hallway, I heard a man exclaim behind me, near the hotel elevator, ?that?s a man!?. I was very apprehensive to hear that but kept on walking and got in my car and hit the club. I met my fellow gurls and we had a great time. The club was very welcoming. They had a couple of female bartenders and they were so sweet and friendly. I got back to my hotel at around 2:30 and had to enter through the lobby as all the side entrances had been closed at that hour. I just had to show the lady at the desk my key card and she let me in without a word and I sauntered over to the elevators and went up to my room. Oh what a fun night!
    Last edited by ColletteC; 10-01-2022 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Punctuation

as long as you had a great night, if it had been me, Id have turn round and said "and so what?" dont let these idiots spoil your night or drag you down to there level of thought, youve done nothing wrong.

In fact I find it strange for someone to shout out "Thats a man", ive seen people clock me on rare occations, and Ive been out and in a group to which weve been clocked, and ive seen it in there eyes and can see there thoughts of "thats a man in a dress", but for theem to actually shout it out !! , never happened to me or as in a group.
    Last edited by Debs; 10-01-2022 at 03:53 AM.

As Debs says, as long as you enjoyed your time out.

First time out, in fact seconds into being out and about you'll be understandably nervous. Getting things like the walk right come with practice and mannerisms can be as important as the clothes you wear.

The important thing is you've done it. It gets easier each time out. You get more confident, you relax more. You relax more, confidence grows and you become evermore natural in how you present.

Plans for another trip out?

That?s amazing! You have lived out my life goal! I?m glad you didn?t let that guy ruin your night, I would have had a hard time not saying something but I think that was for the better. Good for you girl

XOXOlivia

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Congrats on getting out, sounds like a great time and meeting up with some others. Sometimes people just don't know how to behave but I'm gad he didn't ruin your evening.

Sounds like you did great with the exception of one jerk. I am happy for you.

Debs, Maybe the reason nobody said anything to you while with a group is how hard would it be for that guy to explain how he got knocked around by a bunch of guys in dresses. LOL
    Crissy

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Took me a while to appreciate how men have the Pack mentality. They help each other. So when a man sees someone potentially attractive and determines She's a Man, he wants to point that out to his Bros so they don't make the mistake he almost made. Traveling public transportation into the city all the time got me more than my share of comments. What was unexpected was that as my look improved and I switched from a wig to my natural hair I actually got more rude comments. Not directly, I overheard them. The reason I determined was because it used to be more obvious I was a man. as it became less obvious, I was actually fooling them for a moment. perhaps they fantasized a thing or two before realizing who they were fantasizing about. That tends to annoy them a little more, making them more vocal about it and making extra sure no one else in their pack makes the same mistake. As you look back on the evening I hope you focus mostly on the fun. This was such a small part. Those eventualities will soon become insignificant like they did for me albeit they are quite disheartening.

I'm sure it wasn't the first time the front desk lady let in a crossdressed guest in the small hours, especially on a drag queen performance night.

Sounds like you had a great experience. I hope I have a chance to do that someday.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Silkiness, Sounds like a great evening despite the troglodyte.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Alwayshave,, I want to put that, but wasn't sure how to spell it, lol

Google is your friend.

@Silkinessizbliss2

You handled it perfectly!

Ignore the trolls & haters, unless you are in imminent danger, then fight like a tigress protecting her cubs!

You went on to have an enjoyable night with your girlfriends, happy times!

On one of my early outings, I rented a hotel room with another girl (dorry pervs, strictly platonic, no hanky-panky!), we got ready, dressed and went to the event at a club. We had a marvelous time, met other girls, danced, made friends, and even snogged a guy or two...

Leaving the event, and arriving at the hotel, my friend freaked out because the lobby was full of people. Attendees of a wedding, from the way they were dressed. My girlfriend was in complete panic mode. And, I have to admit that I was a tad anxious myself (if anxious means your heart is about to burst out of your chest!). I grabbed her by the shoulders and told her that unless she wanted to spend the night in her car, we HAD to walk through the lobby. She agreed.

We entered the lobby, her with her head down, bee lining for the elevator, me, looking around, head up, t*ts out (thank you Ms. Maisley!), and just had to stop at the concierge desk to ask an inane question (what can I say? I was loving this!), girlfriend was at the elevator, and I heard her whisper "WTF?" at me. Walked over to the elevator, and a member of the wedding also was standing there. We all got on, his stop was 1 floor below ours, GF was buried in the corner, as I made small talk with the guy.

We get into our room, and she was all "OMFG! What was that all about? Are you crazy?" Now, I want to say that neither of us was dressed especially provocatively, or like -ahem- 'professional girls', but we did look nice, IMO. I told her that we were both out & about, looking like women, and that we had to expect to encounter 'Normals' in our outings, and that we had 2 choices: 1 - Act like we were doing something shameful, or, 2 - OWN it, and act like we belong. And that I chose option #2.

Well done, Jazzmin. You were quite assertive and confident.

Yeah...worthy of a thread of its own.

Platinum Member
    Eh, one such comment a night is not all that bad. I remember going through a museum in Houston. At one point, I overheard a guy ask his wife/girlfriend Is that a girl or a guy? Honestly, I was happy that he was uncertain!

Reality Check
    It was rude of the guy to make that comment, but there are a lot of rude people in the world so it is to be expected. I have had people give me dirty looks before, signaling that they have recognized me as a man. It hurts my feelings but I try to move on. It just means I have to try harder next time.
    Krisi

Platinum Member
    Always happy to read someone's adventure. Thanks for sharing. As to the boorish guy behind you; there are a-holes in abundance. These days it is best to ignore returning a comment. It seems the current political climate in some areas has emboldened people to act out with impunity.

On my first outing this past weekend, I was fortunate that I was wearing sunglasses almost the entire time. It's easy to watch people's faces and reactions when they can't see your eyes observing them. In the food court where I ate lunch, I noticed 1 lady (40s - 50s) look at me a trifle bit longer than I might expect. Did she figure me out, was she checking out my hair, or was she just looking at someone walking past her? I also had 1 guy in the mall corridor eye me a bit longer than is normal. Same questions as the lady in the food court. But, nobody said a thing and I don't care why I got the extra looks. You know, the man near the elevator may well have thought you were out of hearing range when saying, "That's a man." I'm deaf in my left ear and my wife often reminds me to speak softer. She says that even though I may not be able to hear myself, everyone else can.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.