Thread: Mistaken for a Women

Mistaken for a Women

So a little background for the story. Over the 7-8 months I?ve been losing weight. Everyday I?ve been going to the gym, walking over 10K steps and I?ve been in a calorie deficit. It?s taken a lot of discipline and I?ve managed to drop about 35-40 lbs. So my wife and I were in Walmart a few weeks ago and got separated as we shopped. I saw her in one of the main aisles and starting walking toward her (I wear my hair up most of the time but this time I had it down) when I got to our cart she said ?I thought you were a girl for a few min??. Then yesterday we were at Publix and the lady wasn?t sure if I was a man (my hair was up) and my wife said see she wasn?t sure if you were male. Both were more of funny moments and I wasn?t dressed (not able to dress) which made it more surprising.

That must have been a wonderful moment. I would so enjoy being mistaken as a women.

Almost 53 years ago shortly after my wife and I were married we were winter camping at Badlands National Park in South Dakota and on one really cold morning we headed into a nearby town for breakfast. Naturally we both looked terrible as happens with winter camping. A customer at the counter mistook my wife for a man and then realized his mistake when she responded to him. He turned bright red and apologized profusely. We all had a good laugh out of it. But back then as is becoming more true again today, judging sex or gender by hair length can result in some serious mistakes.

Goes to show how deeply entrenched we are in our basic perception of how to distinguish between a male and a female. And I think the phenomenon of the many forms of gender variance and its expression is useful in making people consider what they perceive more considerate and respectful of the variety of people there are in the world. Sadly some want to go back to the times when only a blind person would have trouble telling the two apart. In my view that is a negative force in society, but I will leave it at that because it is really a different matter that can be volatile and rightfully against the rules on this forum.

That sounds wonderful, lucky you to have this happen with even trying!
    Crissy

Karen, congratulations on the weight loss. I'm happy if you're happy being taken as a women.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I too have long hair and get mistaken many times a day for a woman. My hair has always been natural blond plus a hairdresser friend of mine colored it the same color as natural due to having some gray some white and some yellow that she stays is from my smoking cigarettes.
    Also it?s down 3/4 my back as I haven cut it since 6 months before covid started. I don?t mind at all especially since I mix my clothing up a lot. I wear a man?s t shirt a lot but wear leggings along with them. I also wear women?s sneakers as well. Every so often I get a funny look but for the
    Most part they just think I?m a GG female. I don?t habe any facial hair either so adds to the illusion. Be happy you?re like you are especially with the weight loss. I?ve been attempting to lose weight as well was over 220 and now down to 212. Loving every minute of it but have awhile to get to my target weight of 150-160

Platinum Member
    Never happened to me in male mode. I am very pleased when it happens when I am en femme.

Reality Check
    I have been mistaken for a woman a few times when out with my wife. I was not dressed as a woman and don't have excessively long hair. I think people just get in a hurry and don't pay attention to what they are saying.
    Krisi