Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Labels for CDs

Since there doesn't appear to be a label for women in trousers, I don't want one either.

Somewhere in my history I'm sure I've said that it's not sexual for me. I'm going to amend that a little. I think that, broadly, to refer to it as sexual means that it includes or ends with orgasm. I can't say that it never has for me, but I can say that for decades that has not been the driver. I can also say that during this recent time of hiatus, when I quit dressing entirely, my libido fell off a cliff. Guess we'll see if my libido returns as my return to dressing progresses.

I think that some of us have the idea that to label it as sexual reduces our legitimacy/authenticity. We may also have a narrow definition of what constitutes "sexual". Based on my recent experience and allowing a broader definition of what constitutes sexual I have to say that for me I hope that it is!! If I get my libido back by ___ (insert favorite CD thing here), then I'm all for it! Another thing, if it does I don't see anything wrong with that and I'll freely admit to it. Having been without libido, if all it takes to get it back is to wear nail polish or makeup, a sexy nightie and high heels or go out in a dress, sign me up!

For some, it's sexual (and that's alright! As far as fetishes go, it's one of the milder ones, and harmless).

For some of us, it isn't. For me, it started as curiosity, as a child (I doubt I had a fetish when I was 8 or 9) and now it's just a matter of wearing the clothes I like.
    It's not even about feminity anymore (if it ever really was), as my recent escapades showed, wherein I went out in a skirt and ballet flats, but men's T-shirt and big beard.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "MIAD", Georgina. I guess u didn't receive the memo on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
    Since there doesn't appear to be a label for women in trousers, I don't want one either.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Before posting I did not read any of the other responses. I did notice you defined "fetish" but you did not define "obsession;" a idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind." Maybe, cross dressing is neither, This sexual component thing is overrated or over stressed. Based upon my own experience and locker room talk, self gratification for a young male was a normal stage of life. Surveys indicate men or all ages engage in the practice of self gratification. To me characterizing cross dressing as a fetish is a non-starter. Any activity or object can be an obsession. That's just a measurement of attention to something. If someone is so engaged in tricking out his hot rod to the exclusion of anything else, is that not an obsession?

I tried to quit cross dressing because society said I was a defective human, destined to go to hell as a terrible sinner. I would be shunned, discriminated against, physically and mentally abused if word got out. The issue for me has always been the "why" question. I am a cross dresser because it is in my dna. I just have to figure out how to direct my cross dressing when the "need" comes calling. This is me, not you talking. You may view things differently.

Never found the need to have a label but a lot of people do.
    I guess they have this internal need to belong to something.
    To some it may be a fetish and those types of CDs are easy to spot.
    1. they only wear dresses never pants.
    2. they only wear high heels.
    3. they only wear expensive brands and brag about how much they paid for it.
    All of which is fine and nothing wrong with any of that but to me those fall into the "fetish" category.
    There are tons of different fetishes and thats fine.
    When I started there was a sexual thing to it but that faded quickly and for some it never fades.
    We are all different so there is no black and white answer to any of it.
    I have been 24/7 and semi transitioned for so long its not CDing anymore its just normal.