I don?t want to pick a fight here. I?m trying to address some characterizations of people like me (straight CD).
In a previous post I noted how my electrolysis tech told me that the small sample of trans she works on told her that CDs just had a kink or fetish, which suggests trans do not have this fetish. I also read in a recent post on this forum the same thing, that CDs and trans differ in that CDs have a fetish or kink.

Here?s the definition of fetish.

a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc.
"Victorian men developed fetishes focusing on feet, shoes, and boots"

So I agree there is a sexual component especially when you start. But it isn?t always true and at least for me, the sexual aspect isn?t the main driver anymore.

I know it is an obsession. I?ve tried to quit numerous times and failed. My opinion is that a better characterization is that CDs have an obsession versus the more narrow term, fetish.

Ok, the gates are open. I?d like to hear your views. Is this a small distinction or do you agree with either of the terms?