Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I Crossdress

I gave up tying to figure out why years ago. I just accept it and enjoy the experience.
    Honoring the woman within

During my many years of dressing about twice a year, or even not at all for years, it was just a sexual fantasy really.
    When the urge to dress much more often developed about a year ago it changed into not being particularly sexual at all really, it just feels much better to be dressed.
    I just love it.

Why I crossdress? This the $64,000 question looking for the $1 million answer. Larisa's original post delved into the cause of why she dresses. My mom took one of those no-longer-used 50s pregnancy drugs that might have had some effect. When she was pregnant with me she was 100% sure I would be born a girl ... so sure, my parents didn't have a boys name to put on my birth certificate. I grew up with 3 older brothers and 1 sister so it definitely wasn't lack of male influence. To the best of my recollection, I wasn't abused or forced to wear girls clothes. Just an average, 1950s/60s midwest catholic middle class family.

So I posed this question to my first therapist. He told me "You're just wired that way". Since I was looking for a cure, I decided he was a quack and never went back. Twenty years later, I posed the same question to my second therapist. Her answer was "What does it matter? Instead of worrying about why you do it why not work on how you can cope with it and maybe incorporate it into your life?" I had given up on "being cured" by then so I continued working with her for several years.

What drew me to crossdress? Just wired that way I guess!!! I can say that I distinctly remember the first time I slipped into a pair of my sister's panties I had an overwhelming urge just to see what wearing them would feel like. Why I still continue to dress? I like the feel of the clothes. I like how I look in clothes an makeup and it just feels natural.

To put crossdressing in the same perspective as home brewing beer one can worry about hundreds of details in the process but the best advice - Relax.. have a homebrew! Or in the case of crossdressing ... Relax .. slip into something pretty!!

As a kid I stuttered as a kid and had a low self image. Began to envy the pretty girls

I Xdress because my X Y chromosomes are not right, cant help it, not running away from it, but it predicts how I am in society these days.

After many years of deep thought including a college degree in motivational psychology, I?ve thrown in the towel and just accept my enjoyment of the feelings, both physically and emotionally, I experience by wearing women?s clothes. I don?t give it a second thought. I just really don?t care what people think. The beauty of having a wonderful, supportive wife is irreplaceable. I wear panties, bra, thigh highs women?s shorts and tops most days. If we run an errand, I always leave my panties, bra and hose on. I?m not sure we?re so unusual. I?d bet the farm, there are many men, who in the secrecy and privacy of their homes have opened their wife?s lingerie drawers.
    Last edited by char GG; 11-01-2022 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Edit in error

Why I crossdress?
    To put it simply, ladies clothes are so much sexier with such a better range of items to wear.
    I first tried on a pair of ladies knickers I had bought for my girlfriend at the time and was immediately taken by how nice they felt, much nicer than my plain boxer shorts. When I married many years later I wore my wife's knickers but only did this a couple of times during sex and once I wore a pair all day.
    Now I am divorced I have bought myself some clothes in the correct size and intend to buy more and eventually wear them out somewhere.
    Last edited by Di; 11-02-2022 at 07:47 AM. Reason: You used this picture in another thread. Please read the picture rules

Not sure why, but I now accept and love being genderfluid. When I dress in feminine clothing I feel and I see the real me. If family and society were more accepting than I would probably dress like woman dress most of the time. I just find time in my bedroom or underdress in public and that is working out okay. Divorce is a strong possibility because my wife is very unaccepting. If that happens I probably will live more of my life as a woman.

Aspiring Member
    My reasons for cross dressing are threefold.
    1. Fashion is fun. The range of garments, colors, textures, styles, materials, cosmetics, ? are great for creativity, fab appearance, sexiness, to name a few inputs and outcomes. Expressions are endless. I carefully study several fashion websites that take the fundamentals seriously and produce a well reasoned, valuable art form. Female fashion is far more varied, has far more opportunities than male fashion in my culture. I have felt this all my life. It is why I asked my aunt, who I lived with at age five, why can I not dress so pretty as you and my girl classmates do. Why should I be left out when women have most of the fun?
    2. In my lifetime, a shift in individual importance and power dynamics has occurred in my culture. When I was young, my culture was a patriarchy. Men ruled. Today, my culture has become an obvious matriarchy. Women dominate, particularly in my chosen workspace, academia. I have lost out on promotions and good jobs because I am not the right woman for the job. And the people doing the promoting and hiring are not shy about saying so. I cannot become a woman without losing what little I have left, but I can look like one for a few hours and join their society temporarily. If you cannot beat them, as the old saying goes, join them, even if briefly.
    3. Escape. I work in an office supervising many people and making many decisions. The politics is brutal. Silly me. I chose to work in academia, in the federal government, and in churches. Any high pressure politics in those places? I thrive but from time to time, I want an escape. I want to be someone else entirely different for a little while. There are few, if any, changes that I can conveniently make for a few hours to gain a different identity and lifestyle than to change my gender presentation. And escape. My wife, though breathing death on my cross dressing, picked up on this quickly when I told her that I enjoy cross dressing. Her first question was to ask why I do not want to be who and what I am. I need to escape from time to time. This does it quickly, conveniently, and well with a lot of fun.

[QUOTE=Crossdressong Kev;4614316]Why I crossdress?
    To put it simply, ladies clothes are so much sexier with such a better range of items to wear.
    I first tried on a pair of ladies knickers I had bought for my girlfriend at the time and was immediately taken by how nice they felt, much nicer than my plain boxer shorts.". Absolutely agreed 100% with both of these points. I've always been fascinated with the level of variety with women's clothes as well as the amount of interesting designs and patterns.

Banned Read only
    I gave up trying to rationalize "The Why." It makes no sense to me that a young man would endure the shame and self-hatred associated with wearing women's clothing. I always view the "How I Feel" differently that the "Why?" I cannot put a finger on what started this need. I grew up in a household of mom, dad and older brother (15 months difference). I was and tumble. I played all the sports and rolled in the dirt. No sisters or female cousins to dress me up for fun or punishment. Why? There is no answer. There were periods of time when wearing women's attire was not possible, but also I had no thoughts to do it. That's where a counselor's thoughts come in. She is my combat related PTSD counselor. Her opinion is each man and woman has some dna of the opposite sex in his or her dna. In some it is more than others. While I was in the macho military combat situation there were no thoughts, other than keeping alive. I suppose the male dna totally dominated me for the moment. Later, when those PTSD issues arose emulating a woman probably could be a means of escaping. I have guys in my support group who delved into alcohol and drugs to escape. They are all classified as "recovering" and sober. I find it interesting that society will accept to some extent somebody who sought relief in a bottle, but will not accept a man who find escape in wearing women's clothing.

I am of the opinion that my expression is secondary to the why. I shun women's pants. It is dresses and heels. I figure that is an influence of the times of my initial discovery; 1950's and 1960's. I loved art as a child and love growing flowers for their colors. So, it makes sense my favorite dresses are floral prints. I love the feel of the nylon fabric of my full slips.

Life would have been a lot less stressful if I did not have this quirk. My problems now are dealing with problems others may have of a man who needs to wear women's clothing.

I totally agree with ShirleyN.
    Ladies clothes feel amazing, I first tried on pantyhose.
    They felt electric, is all I can say.
    I discovered satin panties a few years later, the feel is again amazing.
    I bought a few items from Goodwill recently, and a white
    t-shirt fit me so well, I was amazed.
    It hugged my chest, It actually looked like I had little bitty titties.
    OMG, womens jeans, also fit me very well
    Bottom line for me, all women's clothing is comfortable.
    Satin nighties, are to die for.

Rachael

Platinum Member
    It is just who I Am, And it's just what I Do.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Why do I.cross dress? Simple: I.am bored with the mandatory coat.and.tie.for men's formal wear. For church I alternate between a man's coat and tie, and a dress and heels. I feel.on Sunday morning I should be in my.Sunday best, as I'm sick and tired of men and women showing up in jeans and sneakers.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I crossdress because i think many women look amazing and have plenty of verity where male cloths are just boring and there is nothing like the feel of stockings on shaved legs and the freedom you feel in a skirt or a dress, then the feel of nice ace undies is amazing

To get in touch with my feminine side. Being in lingerie makes me feel that way.

I started around 11-12, I knew I liked panties so I started there then went to bras, skirts, etc. If my brother had a baseball game or whatever I would be home dressed in panties/bra/denim skirt. It definitely had a sexual aspect to it, but to to tabboo part of not getting caught, and liking the girls my age at school. Never got caught, was careful to not be risky.

I dont fully dress, I could if I wanted, but with a short beard I?m not close to passing and thats ok. Respect to those who do, no right answer there. I do love leggings and skirts, and wear both in public. I havent had the guts to fly in a skirt, but have in leggings many times. Thinking more about it I dress for comfort, style, look and feel. I have one friend who knows about my dressing and underdressing. I dont bring it up much because I dont want it to be awkward or potentially sexual conversation.

I get a thrill out of it, and a sexual turn on .
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-