Thread: How do you get ready for a trip ?

How do you get ready for a trip ?

So I begin with sorting my travel bag out (is a big one on wheels), I am emptying my travel case, its like a tardis, never ending stuff coming out of it for the wash, there is so much bit of makeup, opened wipes bits of jewelry, lots of hold up stockings that dont match, and it goes on, Im getting ready for my trip out for a few days to Blackpool tomorrow, will choose my 20 outfits or so Im taking with me for an occasion where I will probable only wear about 4, 8 pairs of shoes and boots, travel iron, very large makeup bag, to which contains stuff I dont use but find it hard to throw away, because my brain tells me I will need it one day. I set out dressed, so no male clothing in there also thats another outfit I will have which I am wearing. Theni into the shower tonight, shave every bit of body hair off I can find icluding eyebrows, then all I have to do in the morning is makup, put on clothes and go How do you do it ?

Aspiring Member
    Sounds great. Enjoy.
    Vikky.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

First of all it depends on the length of the trip. Then what activities am I planning.
    Of course my makeup case is to be prepped. Then I usually take separates as they give me more flexibility. Five tops and five bottoms is really 10 outfits. Then I'll pick out shoes that will go with everything and lastly I'll select what lingerie I want to wear for the duration.
    Of course this is an all day affair but it's always fun.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Debs,

It depends on if my trip is driving or involves a flight. Driving is easy because I put everything in large plastic storage bins and load them in the car. When flying, everything must fit into one large suitcase which typically ends up weighing about 40 lbs. It requires a lot more advance planning because leaving out something important like a wig would be a show stopper.

The last time I flew, the airline put a tag on that one which says ?heavy? ; )

Sandi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Most of my trips r to week long trans events in Vegas.

I begin putting outfits together a month in advance. Then, I try on every single outfit including every single accessosory I will wear with it!
    And, pack extras of everything just in case!

Stressful? Time consuming? Messy? U bet your booty!

Which is why I'm NOT going to the big T girl event in Vegas later this month!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

How about badly?

I did a four day trip and couldn't decide what outfits, so I took extras (part driving, part train). My suitcase the first night was so heavy lugging up a flight of stairs I had to leave stuff in my car.

Like Sandi says, I try to remember the essentials.

In May I flew pretty on an overnight trip. I was going to check my bag and then at the airport I realized "oh <guess next word>" what happens if my luggage doesn't make it? I was going to my son's graduation and all my boy clothes were in the bag. Fortunately I could carry it on, but the scanner didn't like the can of shaving cream, so I had a few nervous moments while the TSA agent looked through my bag.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Being a bit nurdy I keep a spreadsheet. I list items such as skirts, tops, dresses in a column with shoes across a row. If a pair of shoes or boots goes with an item then at the column/row intersection I put a cross. I then add up all the crosses to see which things I'm most likely to wear.

It's actually a little more complicated as when counting I have a "how much I like it" weighting figure against each dress or skirt such that while an item may match with less footwear the fact that it's a favourite item moves it up the league table.

So when packing I tend to ignore it and pack as much as I can!

That said, having a list I can refer to does help me make sure I take those things that are most likely to get worn and not forget anything important.

I've also usually been packing things into boxes in the preceeding week, my boot(trunk) is packed full as stopping in a rented property as I do, I can take so much more than if staying in a hotel. So 4 to 6 pairs of boots, 10 pairs of shoes(at least), 6-10 skirts, 5-7 dresses, so many blouses and tops plus underwear and hose by the drawer full. And coats and jackets of course. Half a dozen at least. Oh then there's wigs of course, and makeup, jewellery, cleansers, so much for a weeks enfemme time.

Deb I have only packed for a weekend twice, all I can say is I do have a beteer understanding why my wife has so much when she packs.

Have fun Connie

When getting ready for a trip I'll work out how many outfits I'll probably need, then I'll look at the probable weather, then I'll think that I'll probably need a couple of alternatives for each occasion, then, if I'm going to be seen by the same people on more than one day I'll need to make sure that I have a further choice of outfits, as it just won't do to be seen to wearing the same thing twice, then I'll throw it all into whatever size bag or bags that I'll need. As for shoes, the only possibility with shoes is to make sure that I take enough. Generally, I won't leave the house for more than one night with less than three large bags of stuff. Then there's all the accessories to factor in, coats too at this time of year. Handbags, there's another thing to think about. Basically, by this time, the boot of the car will be pretty much full.

Debs, have a great time up the 'pool. Just one other quick thing and I'm sure that you'll know this but cosmetics have an expiry date and shouldn't be used after that.

Banned Read only
    When I was still working there were times when I was away from Monday to Friday which meant checking in on a Sunday and out on a Friday morning. The mode of transportation was car, so I did not have to deal with suitcases. I traveled en drab. I took five dresses and all the proper undergarments, shoes and hosiery and several nightgowns.

20 outfits Debs. Thats more than me, my wife and 2 daughters take between us.

Believe me, that is nothing, very Conservative considering the size of my wardrobe lol