Thread: A first for me

A first for me

I'm alone at the lake house for a few days and decided today was the day.

I put on a skirt and top, no wig or makeup because I don't have any (but I did have pink fingers and toes), and went on an early evening walk along the road on the busy side of the lake. About 5 or 6 cars, and one bike, passed me. I made eye contact with 3 drivers, 1 male and 2 females. Boy was my heart racing. I actually went out a couple days earlier in a sun dress, but that was on a trail that I have never seen anyone on during the week so I wasn't worried about being seen there. This was the first time I have been seen in public in a dress/skirt, other than in a fast food drive through. Mark that first off my list. Can't wait for the next time.
    Last edited by StephanieLake; 10-13-2022 at 07:32 PM.

Congrats for taking that first big step. From my personal experience, I believe it takes a lot more courage to dress in a skirt and top without a wig than it takes to dress with a wig. There is no doubt others could easily see you were a MIAD. With a wig in place, you do have a chance of not being quite as obvious. FWIW, I purchased 2 wigs from Amazon. They were both in the $25.00 range. I tossed the 1st one out. I still have the other one; but, I purchased a wig thru the Paula Young web site for $60.00. I wish I had purchased it first. I will likely discard the other Amazon purchase. Anyway, for not a terribly large investment, you can fool some of the people some of the time; but, you will never fool all of the people all of the time.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!! You done good.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Good work Stephanie

Stephanie, Congratulations on getting out of your house. It is exhilarating.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I agree with Heather all the way. But you are to be congratulated in finding the courage to go out. I have done that a few times when away from home. It definitely produces a high with intense feelings of freedom.

But Heather's thought on the wig is a good one. Perhaps the most distinctive identifiers of a female is her hair. A close second is her clothes and third is her figure. So, get yourself a wig. There are some good cheap ones, but not many. Most of the cheap ones really need to be styled a bit as they are pretty basic and a bit ragged. And they tend to shed a lot for awhile. A wig will give you so much more confidence.

I'd love to get a wig, and learn to do make up, but both those are currently hard no's with the wife. While I do have places to hide them up at the lake house, I don't want to go there and lose her trust. Maybe some day she'll let me.

Platinum Member
    I admire your commitment to honesty.

Nice to hear about your outside trip Stephanie. Feels good doesn't it?
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Lovely to hear about your trip Stephanie.
    As someone who also had their first trip out today, I know how you feel

I enjoyed yesterday so much, I went out again today.

I went for a drive and decided to go for a walk along the shore. As I was standing at the waters edge enjoying the view, a pontoon boat loaded with about 10 girls/women in bikinis went slowly by just off shore. They saw me standing there and some of them hollered and waved. I of course waved back, which got them yelling more and the rest of them turned and waved. So, again, I waved back, which got yay's and woohoo's. If they couldn't tell I was a guy in a skirt, they had to be blind.

I'm not sure I have the nerve to go to more public places in a dress or skirt yet, but I think I'm on my way to getting there.

Congratulations Stephanie. Giant steps forward.