Thread: A new friend

A new friend

After getting home from shopping it was such a nice day that I was able to get the cycle out again.
    As I got back close to where I live a lady on the opposite side of the road asked me If I had just come from Mindarie. She had passed me on the road and my cycle suit is very noticeable.
    I swung around and stopped to reply and we just got to chatting. She and I have lived in the area for the same amount of time and do seem to have some things in common.

Eventually she remarked on my eyebrows and I let her know that I also had had some work done on my eyes......and my chest which she said she could not tell.
    I unzipped my cycle top enough to show cleavage in the sports bra. We had a good chat about families (she has a very Gay son, her words) and didn't bat an eyelid about my telling her I was Transgender.
    We exchanged phone numbers and I expect we will have another chat over a cuppa.
    Been a great day so far.

Philippa Jane

Good for you. We can never have too many friends.

Philipa, Sounds like a good start.
    Crissy

That sounds like it was a relaxing and open conversation, she may turn out to be a good friend. During the covid lockdown I ordered some pantyhose on line and it stated free delivery. It was actually the owner of the store who was making the deliveries and when she came I was having a smoke outside. Without a word she started telling me about other brands of pantyhose she has and when I told her they were for my wife she answered me that it didn't really matter who they were for. As she was talking I started to reply very freely that I didn't like that or I would like to try those. Next thing I know she went to get a catalog of her line and standing our distance because of the Covid we sat outside for about an hour talking pantyhose. I ordered from her another time and again we talked for a while. It just felt so got to talk free about our situation and what we want instead of hiding.
    It sounds like you had a great talk with what sounds like a new friend and will be expecting to read more in the future. Cheers

I?m glad for you Philipa! Sounds like a possible good friend and we all need friends.

Hi Maria
    I have found that ladies are much more accepting than males (and for understandable reasons) regarding open conversations.
    Amanda is from south London (the poorer area she tells me) so puts on no airs and graces.
    I do find it easy to talk to just about anybody (ex cabbie) and since I have come out of my shell I am not shy about talking about TG things.
    It probably helps that she worked as a nurse and has seen all sorts of things.

Philippa Jane

Having someone to talk with concerning our CDing and/or transitioning that isn't making judgements is a great thing. I have met one such person where I volunteer as well as a step nephew. Soon I will meet, in person, another CD.com member who lives relatively near me and I hope to be able to meet in person every few months. I hope she becomes a good friend for you that you can speak with openly.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Mmh. If i was a GG and a CDer started unzipping her/his top in front of me during a casual conversation I would probably turn around and leave. But maybe that's just me.

Platinum Member
    That is so nice!

Philipa Jane, That is great. I hope your friendship flourishes.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    That is really nice to read. I do hope your friendship blossoms.