Thread: All or nothing

All or nothing

Yesterday was a beautiful fall day, my wife loves decorating the house with fall decor that she finds at local farms. We decided to make a day out of it and go to some farms and some shopping. I was feeling a little on the wild side and I put on black stocking and black bra with a short black slip under my male clothes. Even after all these years when I was putting on the stockings and my wife was in the bedroom with me, it still feels so unreal. I was connecting the strap on the garter when I had a frozen moment that I looked up at my wife and couldn't believe what I was doing, i snapped out of it when she asked me if everything was ok because I was staring in the air.
    We went out and bought all her decor things and we found a small mall were we bought a red leather skirt and a lacy body suit for me. We were driving on a road that goes along the lake and usally in the summer people will have picnics there and its very busy but yesterday there were people around but not as usual. I parked and we were enjoying the view and my wife asked me since it was more quit then usual and I was half undressed if I wanted to take some pictures with my new leather skirt outside. I thanked her for the great gesture but if I would have known I would have brought my wig and heels and make-up and that I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing a leather skirt and bodysuit with a male jacket and male shoes. I explained I'm not into the half and half its almost all or nothing and it wasn't as if nobody were around, there were people bike riding and walking I wanted to look alittle passable, not a man wearing a skirt. She didn't get unset but made some comments about I shouldn't care about anything else and I should jump at opportunities when she suggests things. I don't know I was really considering it but if there was nobody around I would have did it but I just couldn't do it, it just didn't feel right.
    She suggested we drive around and and see if there was a spot with nobody around but unfortunately there really wasn't anywhere.
    I don't know, what would you have done? Would you have walked out of the car in male mode wearing a skirt and bodysuit. I felt bad but it just didn't feel right, I guess it's all or nothing.

I appreciate the gesture she made but it wouldn't have felt right to me either.

Now being fully enfemme with makeup and all the accoutrements is another story....

I have become more comfortable mixing male and female wardrobe. A couple of time this summer I wore a skirt to work presenting as male for the rest of my outfit. It was a really hot day and wearing shorts doesn’t conform to the dress code, but skirts are acceptable.

But that is me. Everyone has their own idea of comfort and style and how they want to dress. Dress how you see fit for yourself. You don’t need to conform to other peoples ideas.
    Rebecca Bas

I really understand wanting to go all out. Especially when out. I'd have made the same decision. Sounds like you've got a great relationship going there.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I would have wanted my wig, makeup and shoes as well.
    I don't want to be perceived as a MIAD.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

No way would I like to be seen as a guy half dressed I try my hardest to look as passable as possible

I think I would have gone for it. I would just crop the pics so my male face would not show. I see lots of pics that just show the fashion and not necessarily the whole woman.
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

I think she is telling you she would like to see you in the skirt without makeup (not always but this day) because she loves you)
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 10-10-2022 at 01:34 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    We r dinosaues, Maria! We, "all or nothing", dressers.

The young dressers of today seem to prefer an androgenous mishmash of gender items that reflect where they fit on the male/female scale!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Honestly, i can understand the feeling. I really prefer being fully dressed and made up. However, looking back in my own life (which is pretty much the only direction I can look now!) I would most definitely jump at the opportunity if my wife encouraged me to dress, even w/o makeup and wig. If she suggest it, go for it!

I absolutely only partially dress at home as I know my wife doesn't want to see me with wig, makeup, and lipstick on. However, I would NEVER present that way out in public. I underdress all the time; but, others generally would have no idea I'm underdressed. I may not be passable; but, with luck I might blend.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Banned Read only
    I tend to be the "all or nothing" dresser. That does not include makeup. Most of my dressing is in-home. I will shave my face and don my wig if in-home. I suppose if Maria's wife suggested cropping out the head it may have been doable.

If my wife were to suggest that to me, I'd be changing my clothes in a heart beat. But that's just me.

I say that you are fortunate that she is so accepting, understanding, and that she gave you a choice. In our marriage, I do what she wants, and she does not want to see me in a wig and makeup. 🙂 Nancy

Nice idea but i agree its all or nothing. Wouldnt feel right for me.

I'm in the 'all or nothing' camp as well...not really even interested in underdressing

Maria you are a lucky girl I can only dream of being in the same room attaching my garter straps with my wife watching.

Maria, I only fully dress, so I understand your residence to half dress. The only exception is when I wear a kilt, which really isn't dressing.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Oh Maria, I think you blew it on this one. I want all or nothing. I want, I want. Funny how, at the beginning of the story, it was, we went out. We bought a red leather skirt. We were driving. The one thing she asked and you blew it. This was a we trip. And the best you gave her was I am all or nothing. Your wife asked one little simple thing. Stephanie got it. I would be changing in a heartbeat. To be one sided, it is not good for a healthy relationship. It is OK to bend a little. Would it have been that hard to do? I am with your wife on this one. You should have jumped at the opportunity. I think a lot of others would have also. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    ...made some comments about I shouldn't care about anything else and I should jump at opportunities when she suggests things...
    This really stood out to me, Maria. Your wife is obviously very supportive. If you don't take advantage of opportunities that she suggests, she might stop suggesting them. I think I would have done it, even if only for that reason.