Thread: I finally did it

I finally did it

Hello ladies
    I haven?t posted for a long while but today I have something to share.
    I finally did it and I feel alive and free for doing it.
    I needed a new dress, shoes and some make up, prior to today I would always shop at Kmart for make up , at department stores for my dresses and I would buy off the rack in Kmart or target

Today I went into Kmart and their makeup supply has been discontinued, I needed the make up, so I bit the bullet and walked into Sephora and asked a SA for help in purchasing make up. The SA asked who it was for and without hesitation I replied, me. She was positive and she asked what I needed, she coloured matched my skin tone and made the whole process a walk in the park.

Next stop was the dress shop, I walked past a store and a stunning summer dress was hanging in the window, with my confidence high I strolled in and asked for help, the SA again asked who it was for and again I said it was for me she asked my size and would I like to try it on, of course, I replied. I buy the dress.

Onto the shoe store this time I walk in, talk to a SA same Q&A, first thing that pops into my mind was I?ll show her my new dress and has she a pair of shoes to match it. I buy the shoes.

I have had a great day.

To finish off I would like to thank all you lovelly ladies for giving me the confidence to do what I did today. With out the support that we receive here on CD.com I know I would never have been able to do what I did today.
    Thank you all, you are all so wonderful.

Now to conqueror the next step in this journey, to actually leave the house and dressed and enjoy the great out doors, the closet door is finally cracking open and it feels wonderful
    Love
    Rosie

Silver Member
    Congratulations!! This is the kind of story I love to hear about. I hope this is only the first of a lifetime of adventures out of the closet. The first thing to remember is that the supportiveness of the SAs you met was no fluke. They are all like that, without exception. Whether it's the fact that they are professionals or are under pressure to make any sale they can or that they enjoy helping CDs find their true selves, makes no difference. (But I prefer to believe the last one)

I hope you will find, as I have, that your confidence grows each time you go out, and that will encourage you to be even more adventurous. It just gets better and better. Thanks for sharing your adventure.

So happy i logged back in today. More happy to read your post ❤
    Be giving that door a gentle push Beautiful Girl.
    XxxStace

Being able to read stories like this is why I?m so glad that I?ve found this forum.
    Congratulations
    Love
    Lucy x

Well done glad you had a great shopping trip

What a lovely story and well done you.

Welcome to the world of easy shopping - it's a great place to be.

Rosemary,

The more you do it the easier it gets.Don't forget a bra fitting.

Davina

My dear Rosie, I love your story. The confidence you've found here at CD.com is the same that I've found. Now that the closet door has been cracked open, trust me when I tell you it's now just a matter of time before your open it all the way. Enjoy getting there.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Platinum Member
    Enjoy your new freedom. Of course, with freedom comes responsibility. So use your Newfound freedom with responsibility. Be safe, make thoughtful choices about when and where you go, and respectful of others, of course.

Now, to the big question: Your town still has a K-Mart!?

Rosemary, Congratulations. It becomes easier when you realize the villagers won't come with pitchforks for you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Thanks ladies for the kind words, advice and encouragement, it was a great day. I?m looking forward to the next step of the journey. That closet door is starting to let the light in.
    Yes Kim, we still have Kmart, Australia 20 years behind the USA
    This forum is the best
    Love Rosie

Way to go Rosemary! It was through reading stories like yours that initially gave me the courage to go out in public en femme. Please come back & let us know how your first trip outside dressed goes.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Rosemary, What a great day you had! I know this is just the beginning.
    Crissy

It's so nice when you can be who you are and not be ridiculed or judged!
    I bought a girdle one time and the sales ladies figured it was for me and were so nice!
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 10-10-2022 at 04:42 PM. Reason: typo
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Thanks again Ladies all your comments have been so positive and encouraging, you are all wonderful women

I am so Happy for you Rosemary. You are now on the track for a whole world of adventures.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.