Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did this site make a difference?

Without this site I'm not sure I would have come out to my wife. And if I had, I would have been much less prepared, which may have led to some severe missteps.

Quote Originally Posted by GretchenM View Post
    Good question, Maria. For me it did little for my dressing, but dressing is not a big thing with me.
    Gretchen, You know I love ya, but any further comments like this we may have to suspend your CD card.
    Crissy

I am absolutely sure that without this site, I would have never gotten a makeover or my nails done or a bra fitting or met some wonderful people. I had gone out dressed to a support group prior to joining here, so that hurdle had already been cleared.

This was the first crossdresser specific site I found when I started this journey just a few months back. It has been a real haven for me. I feel that I can express myself here in ways I can't at home. I've made some friends and gotten good ideas and advice. I just regret that I haven't been able to find anyone nearby to meet in person. There are things I want to work on, like voice, that can only be done in person. This will always be like a home away from home for me.
    Roxie

This site has been great for me. I feel,it is like a big family all helping and encouraging each other. Yes, there is the occasional disagreement, as in all families.
    The forum also made me realise I?m not on my own

This forum is awesome! I have learned so much about my Crossdressing from the many intelligent ladies here and know it will be very helpful as I navigate the next chapter in my Crossdressing including a discussion with my wife. Thank you all especially the veteran girls your insight is very helpful.

I've found this site to be very helpful in the evolution of Jennifer. It helped be gain the confidence to go out to my first ever group meeting. In fact, it was on this site that I found out about the local group and first made contact with one of the members.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Yes it definitely does. With the closure of many support groups. It is a source of wisdom, practical advice and a place to discuss with others that share the same interest. The members are helpful and friendly.

Banned Read only
    The big positive take away from this site is I am not alone. Although I doubt I will ever progress to the level of acceptance Maria and others have, it does give me hope those behind this oldster will see more acceptance.

I can't begin to describe how much help this site has been for me. I have come such a long way in the 8 months I've been here. I'm still in the closet but the door is cracked and I'm looking out. The level of support, encouragement, friendship, and camaraderie is second to none. I have looked at a couple other forum sites and was not impressed. They are just too raunchy for my taste. Anyway, thank you to all you lovely ladies! Y'all make me one really happy girl!! Kisses...
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

This site/forum has been the single greatest influence on me as a cross dresser. Up to that time, I regarded my peculiar affinity for women's clothes (pantyhose in particular) as a unique, strange weakness I suffered from. When I first checked out the site and realized that not only were there ample men who liked dressing up, but that so many of their stories were just like my own. I found acceptance instead of accusation, being encouraged instead of being put down. It hasn't been all smooth and I have backed away a couple times out of fear or feelings of inadequacy, but I always found my way back.

Over the last couple of years, though, I have felt so much encouragement that I began to push the boundaries I had set for myself. I began purchasing more clothes and developing my look. I took to posing for more photos outdoors and striving for a blending/passing look. Then I even took the giant leap of going out, more in public each time. At this point the chief limitation for me is my home situation. I honestly believe that had I not joined the forum I would still be hiding a stray pair of pantyhose under the mattress and sneaking them on once every few months, only to become wracked with guilt and throw them away.

My heart-felt thanks to all the friends and voices on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy 107 View Post
    Gretchen, You know I love ya, but any further comments like this we may have to suspend your CD card.
    Agreed, this is totally deviant. Imagine the damage if these revolutionary ideas spread among the other members.
    Last edited by DianeT; 10-13-2022 at 01:39 AM.

I found this site back in 2008 when I was going through a very rough patch and desperately seeking to try and understand myself.
    Like others, I had also joined other websites.
    What makes this site special is the quality of the moderation.
    We owe Tamara and all the mods a huge vote of thanks for managing the site so successfully.
    And another huge vote of thanks to all of us for each contribution to the threads, all of which have added to my knowledge and understanding.

I feel so fortunate to have found this site. I've been dressing since I was about 10 (crazed for 5 or 6 years) but later went through periods that for some reason I just didn't think about it or dress much at all, only occasionally dressing in my partners clothes when they were out (mostly underwear). But something shifted inside me over the past year or so (testosterone loss with aging?). I've always felt non-binary, but when I had the chance to dress again I felt alive and most importantly I realized I feel deeply feminine. I now wear something feminine everyday, and this site gave me the courage to come out to all my close friends and even went to the store and bought myself some lovely things. You all sharing your experiences has been beyond helpful. Thank you!

I always say, Where would we be without this site?
    To be able to come here and be with like minded people is beyond great. Who ever thought there are so many of us out there and we get to be part of this wonderful family.
    I also think the way this site is run has a lot do do with why we have such good participation. Thank you to the Administrators and Moderators, without you it would just not be the same.
    Crissy

Yes, this site made a difference, even when I was a lurker

Quite simply this site proved to me that I am not the only crossdresser in the world.
    thank you so much!
    luv J

This site has been a great help to me. Never had anyone to talk to about it until I eventually told my wife and even now that only goes but so far so I come here frequently. I've made a few connections along the way here and we stay in touch here. It's always a good place for me to come to just to woosah when my minds in the clouds. The ladies here have been helpful just with their stories and experiences, I'm forever grateful for this site.

Silver Member
    It sure has made a difference for me. The first thing we all been to understand is that we are not alone. That in itself gives hope and courage. There is much value in learning about how others navigate dealing with SOs, venturing out into the world and shopping.

I feel the need to return the favor by sharing my experiences in confidently venturing into the world and encouraging those who do the same. I sincerely hope my doing so serves to encourage those who are still afraid, because the world is friendlier to us now than it was when I was a teen in the 70's when our present fears were installed.

It sure makes a difference for me as well. Who else can you talk to who really understands how excited we get when we've found that dress, those heels, those stockings etc etc that we really get excited about receiving and finally wearing. Who else fully understands what the pink fog is and why it's more than ok to occasionally indulge that desire?
    I'm in my sixties and I have come to the obvious conclusion that my desire for femininity will never change and it gives me a level of contentment that few other pursuits have.
    It's really, really affirming to know that I am not alone.
    Thank you all for being good, thoughtful and genuine people. It really makes a difference to this gal!
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

Crissy and Erin,

I totally agree w/you. Its been a blessing...

Davina

This is exactly why i went ahead and joined here, so looking forward to all of this and seeing the girl in me bloom

Yes, it made a difference. You can have these thoughts and feelings and think you are alone. It is so relieving when you can see other people with the same thoughts. It is so easier to do things when you can read about other people doing them. If they can do it so can you.

I've only been a member of this family for the last month but it has been very helpful to read other sisters journeys. I've been wearing thongs off and on for the last 20 years but only started actually crossdressing in the last 2 months, since my wife passed in July. I've already bought lots of women's clothes before I found this site, but the level of acceptance and love that I have felt, in just the few post I have started or responded to, made me realize this is where I belong.

Silver Member
    This site definitely made a difference to me, initially as a lurker, just being able to read of other people who were like me and I was definitely not alone, it helped me so much and I often imagine how my CD journey would have maybe been different if I hadn't had to do it all alone for so many years, it feels natural and safe to come here