Thread: Too many people in my house.

Too many people in my house.

As background, I can't dress at home as my wife's adult daughters live with us. Both daughters are going to separate weddings next week. One is an Indian wedding where the daughter is the maid of honor, so she purchased several saris. At home she tries them on and comes down the stairs to the living room and asks her mom how they look. My wife states they look beautiful and asks, what do you think Jim (i.e., Jamie). Her daughter states, Jim doesn't know or care about dresses. I just look at my wife and shake my head and tell my stepdaughter she looks lovely. Shortly thereafter, the second daughter walks up the stairs from her bedroom wearing heels and states she needs to practice wearing heels, as due to an injury she hasn't worn them in two years. My wife looks at me and states, don't even ask. She knew I was going to request permission to practice wearing my heels. The second daughter has been walking around in heels since Saturday. Very irritating.

By the way, the saris were beautiful, she bought three, each for a separate event. I wish I had one.
    Last edited by alwayshave; 10-14-2022 at 07:46 AM.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I know how you feel Jamie! I had a basically empty house for the past week. After I dropped my son off at school it was all AmeeJo time. Everyone is back now and my sister-in-law is here for an extended visit. Oh well, I'll sneak in some girl time when I can. I agree, saris are very beautiful!
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

I can only imagine how you wanted to give advice to both girls.
    On a similar thing my wife and I were at a neighbors fire bowl a couple of days ago and our neighbor always has beautiful nails that I notice. She was relating a story about something that happened at her nail salon. I was wanting to ask what salon she goes to but thought it may be perceived as an odd question for a guy to ask.
    Crissy

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    [...]Both daughters are going to separate weddings next week.[...]
    Wow, that is bold of them. I don't know if I would have the wherewithal to separate a wedding.

I would love to have a Sari, though. Always did. One day, perhaps...
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Platinum Member
    If only they knew. But I suppose they never will.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    You had to mention Saris and heels in the same post.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Haha, yea I have to play dumb a lot when topics of womens clothing etc comes up.

Sandi

I know that feeling of there being too many people in the house Jamie and not being able to dress. I share a house with my wife, my trans son and my daughter. Both our children are adult now and whilst my wife and daughter know I'm a crossdresser, my trans son doesn't and therefore I am unable to dress at home at the moment because he seldom leaves the house so there is never an opportunity.

My daughter recently asked me to help her pick an outfit for her Work's Xmas Night out in December and I helped her pick a dress and some heels. Like you I've had to watch her walking around the house in heels and it's quite frustrating when you can't do it yourself.

I blogged about it HERE.

There are some lovely saris out there and I can see why you'd want one yourself.

Sari to hear that!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I thinks Jamie's sari she can't try them on, Karren!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sherry and Karren, no doubt I wanted to wear those saris. I'm a little jealous. Yes, I am sari I couldn't.
    Last edited by alwayshave; 10-14-2022 at 09:55 PM.

Same situation as you Jamie. Wife and 2 daughters in their 20s at home. Chances to dress are limited.

Crissy,

Your wife would not be happy, if you did!

Davina
    Last edited by Davina2833; 10-15-2022 at 04:02 AM.

I was taking the kids gone for granted until my daughter was having her house renovated and moved in with us for a while. It brought back how frustrating it is when you want to but you can't. I love those sari's and always wanted to try one on.

Yes the very same here a very supportive wife but two adult males one that doesn't go out much in evenings if at all and selldom on Sundays but I am looking forward to this evening when I go out to my wife's caravan and can get dressed and we might do some creative activities!.no not them sort ! And next weekend i.m going to a Halloween party.my first and will be fully dressed.! And very nervous .....jasmine

My dad lived with us this summer until he passed a couple weeks ago. Not much dressing going on during that time. Had a good summer with dad, but really missed getting dolled up. Now I can dress, but miss pop.

Pumped, I am so sorry for your loss.

I will echo what Jamie said.

My adult son lives with us (no, he doesn't have a sari). He works night so he sleeps days and often sticks to his room, so he's an obstacle, but not that big of one.

As to not commenting, I coach a high school girls sport and last week I was driving with seven of them in an SUV. They were discussing dresses for the school's upcoming Homecoming dance. I didn't mention I have two juniors dresses that would be suitable for a Homecoming dance.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Just curious, why does her two adult daughters live with you?

Riley, The oldest (40yo) is bi-polar and cannot hold down a job. The younger is actually fully employed, she is looking for an apartment after moving back home during covid.

My nephew has been living with me since April 2020 and it's due to the pandemic. Yes, it cuts down on my freedom to cross dress as I don't want to dress in front of him. If he were a daughter maybe we could share shoes or makeup?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Platinum Member
    Life is too stressful to have to deal with more than a wife who is not accepting.