Thread: So today was a surprise!

So today was a surprise!

So I’ve been on the forum for a little over a week now and have read lots of lovely posts.
    One thing that’s struck me is the number of ladies that actually get out.
    It’s something I’ve always thought would be nice but never actually considered it a possibility.
    I couldn’t really pass as a lady. I’m quite hairy and it’s not practical to shave.
    But the posts have got me thinking about it.

Today was my 62nd birthday. My wife was at work and the dog was at doggy daycare, so I just decided to do it!
    It was only going to be a drive thru, but the thought of it gave me butterflies.
    I put on the outfit from my profile pic. Wig, heels and inserts in a bag in the car and wore trousers to disguise the skirt from the neighbours.
    I drove to a Starbucks about 20 mins out of town. I stopped on the way to sort out the skirt and put on some lipstick.
    I decided against the wig and inserts for some reason.
    After ordering I was a bit nervous waiting to get to the window.
    The young girl was perfectly fine, although I did notice an extra smile as I moved off

I parked in the car park which was busier than usual. I got out of the car and walked round to the passenger side for more room.
    I put on the heels and wig and sat enjoying my coffee and muffin.
    When I’d finished I got out of the car and walked about 100 yards over to the bin with my cup.
    I could feel (or just imagine) lots of eyes following me, but I decided I didn’t care.
    Two men arrived at the car next to mine as I got back but just concentrated on what they were doing.

Sorry for the lengthy post. It was quite a small step, but was just really happy that I?d done it.
    I won’t get many opportunities for that, but I definitely want to do it again.

Happy birthday and congratulations!

That's not lengthy at all. You should see some things some folks post on here.

That's a very cool beginning. Nice you got to step out of the car as well.

Next time it'll be easier. You might even feel like wearing your wig and forms!
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Thanks Patience.
    I don’t know why I decided against the wig and forms at the last minute.
    I’ve read another post here since I got home that says that you look more obviously male if you don’t wear a wig.
    I hadn’t thought of it like that, so will bear that in mind.
    I’m really not that keen on my wig though. I never thought it would leave the house. I think I need to look for another one

Congrats on getting out! It only gets easier from here! Best wishes on your journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Lucy - I'm very excited for you. Congrats on getting out for the first time. I'm sure that's a day you'll not soon forget!

Congratulations, Lucy. I too just went out and about for the first time yesterday. It was such a thrill I did it again today. I have no wig, or makeup, to wear and also have hairy legs and arms so I'm obviously a man in a dress. I don't know if I have the nerve yet to go to crowded areas yet, but I'm sure I'll get there. And you will too!

Great first steps.

Thats now you do it. Little steps just outside your comfort zone.

I Started by just driving around.

Then went to the ATM with my car nearby.

Then longer walks

Then buy food at a drive thru.

Finally walking in stores, buying things etc.

Nobody seems to notice/care.

Lucy -- so well done! Getting out does add another dimension to dressing up. If you have looked at several of my photo threads, I have gotten out for several brief trips to the outside world and have not yet had a negative reaction. Mind you, I am tallish, large, hairy, and even have facial hair (under a covid type mask). It does feel great. You know your surroundings better than I ever could and can tell what people are like and where not to go. Keep in mind, there are many cross dressers who never leave the safety of home and are comfortable. Just do what makes you feel good.

Oh, and happy birthday. I'm sure you would agree that 62 doesn't feel too bad, does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy B View Post
    Thanks Patience.
    I don’t know why I decided against the wig and forms at the last minute.
    I’ve read another post here since I got home that says that you look more obviously male if you don’t wear a wig.
    I hadn’t thought of it like that, so will bear that in mind.
    I’m really not that keen on my wig though. I never thought it would leave the house. I think I need to look for another one
    If you don't like your wig, it's better not to wear it on outings. It'll detract from your enjoyment (for want of a better term) of the experience.

The wig will feminize you more than almost any other accessory (from a distance), but it's definitely not mandatory. It's not unusual nowadays for a woman to have short hair. On my first outing, I wore a baseball cap, even though I had a wig which like you, I did not like very much. I did have boobs, though, but I didn't use breast forms.

I ended up paying a visit to a wig shop to get my wig fitted. I thought it was better and less expensive in the long run than a lot of trial and error and would allow that aspect of my presentation to advance more quickly. I highly recommend it.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Lucy, Congratulations on your first trip out and about. It only gets easier.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    Its true. Many of us do get out from time to time. And it does feel good to experience aspects of life outside of ones house. I just want you to remember its not mandatory and it is not a contest. Do what works for you.

Happy birthday - well done and thanks for sharing

Your first trip out …..wonderful and Happy Birthday!
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Lucy,

Happy birthday for a young lady.

The first time is the hardest, just relax and have fun. Something else that I have found out to really enjoy: go for a bra fitting, can't get any more girly than that, even if you do in boy mode.

Have fun on your journey.

Davina

Lucy,

That's no small step, it's a leap. It takes many a lot longer to get to that point having spent years on nighttime drives out without leaving the safety of the car, me included. Now, while my chances are limited I'm a confident out and abouter who's now ditched the drive through and ordering at the counter and eating in.

The news is....... this is a genie you can't put back in it's bottle.

Hi Lucy, Happy birthday. What a wonderful way to celebrate. Its not always practical to shave arms , legs and to keep wife happy. There are cover up alternatives. Such as opaque tights, long sleeves dresses and tops .Where there is a will there is a way.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Its true. Many of us do get out from time to time. And it does feel good to experience aspects of life outside of ones house. I just want you to remember its not mandatory and it is not a contest. Do what works for you.
    Oh there’s definitely no thought of any contest.
    It was such a spur of the moment thing I just wanted to share

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    If you don't like your wig, it's better not to wear it on outings. It'll detract from your enjoyment (for want of a better term) of the experience.

The wig will feminize you more than almost any other accessory (from a distance), but it's definitely not mandatory. It's not unusual nowadays for a woman to have short hair. On my first outing, I wore a baseball cap, even though I had a wig which like you, I did not like very much. I did have boobs, though, but I didn't use breast forms.

I ended up paying a visit to a wig shop to get my wig fitted. I thought it was better and less expensive in the long run than a lot of trial and error and would allow that aspect of my presentation to advance more quickly. I highly recommend it.

Wonderful advice Patience. Thank you so much

Well you took that big step that this community is responsible for myself being confident to step out partially because I'm not like yourself I don't pass in any way. Congratulations and I will definitely be reading about more outtings and not be surprised if there isn't something going on in your head for when you can go out again. Once you take a step forward you can't step back and it will only get more interesting and fun. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to reading more positive stories from you.

Lucy,

Nice birthday present to yourself. Congrats!
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu