Thread: Zoom Dressing

Zoom Dressing

The other day I was working from home and only had a few Zoom calls. For the first time, I decided to try dressing for Zoom: regular men's dress shirt on top, but skirt, tights, and black block-heeled booties off camera. It was nice to be dressed in a way I preferred while still getting work done with colleagues. I stayed that way all morning and through lunch. After lunch, I was playing on my tablet while waiting for my dog to come back inside, and I heard our garage door open, signaling my wife's arrival home. I briefly considered running upstairs to change, but given that my wife knows I dress and is somewhat accepting, I decided to tough it out.

My wife walked in and did a double-take. "Are you wearing cowboy boots?" she asked before realizing what I was wearing. We had a bit of a giggle, and then she went to make herself lunch. A little later, I walked in to talk to her about a home improvement project we were planning. She laughed a little bit about my outfit, and then apologized, saying "I didn't mean to laugh, but wasn't expecting the look." She then added, "That is a cute skirt though." I accepted the compliment graciously and mentioned that I barely fit into it. We finished our conversation, and I got back to work. Shortly thereafter, she left to pick up our youngest kid from school, and I reluctantly put some jeans on, since I am not out to my kids.

I still find it funny that her first thought was that I was wearing cowboy boots. Maybe I should try that outfit out at a Country and Western bar? Hmm, probably not. LOL.
    Last edited by JamieG; 10-15-2022 at 11:31 AM.

Jamie, That's a nice accepting exchange between you and your wife. I'm glad you had the opportunity to dress.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    I have done a number of zoom meetings in wearing leggings with a bra and forms under my shirt. I always check beforehand to see if the bra or forms might be even remotely visible, of course.. I imagine does create an incongruous appearance to anyone seeing the head-to-toe outfit.

Let us know if you put together an outfit for the C&W bar!

I just had a Zoom meeting on Tuesday while wearing a bra and forms under my tee shirt. Nothing even remotely visible. It was a very awesome meeting.
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

OMG Jamie, that is such a great story, thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Nice story Jamie
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

I don't zoom for work but have talked to relatives in other countries dresses neck down. It's alway great to read a story where both husband and wife are giggling. Thanks for sharing

I could never wear crossdress and remain focused on my meetings. Also I lead many of them so it would require some sort of split personality between the top and bottom.
    I like the relation your wife and yourself have, nice complicity.

I've done an online meeting wearing a long pink skirt that couldn't be seen.
    Though it was from my office at work!

Banned Read only
    I'm always happy to read posts of acceptance by a wife. Probably, if your wife came into the room giving a quick side view of your body, the skirt and tights gave the visual appearance of pants.

We don't use zoom, but we do use both google meetings and dialpad meetings for our work staff. But we are encouraged to turn off our cameras to save bandwidth - I am usually fully dressed (except makeup and wig, which I don't have) for all meetings.
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Yup, I tend to wear dress, tights, heels and hide under a sweater when on zoom. Started to make sure any dresses I buy are lower cut or not high neck to let it continue

I often attend Zoom meetings when crossdressed - not quite so daring as it sounds because I don't have a camera!
    luv J

I’m also lucky in that we were encouraged to switch off cameras due to bandwidth, so I can be fully dressed.
    We use Teams, so I always double check that the camera isn’t on before joining !
    More and more people are starting to switch theirs on though. If it becomes the norm mine will mysteriously stop working??.

I too am fortunate enough to work from home (as does my wife). We are under no obligation to turn our cameras on and since I tend to fully dress daily, this is a good thing

My office is upstairs and my wife's is downstairs. Her camera, which she uses for most meetings, faces my only route into the kitchen. So I always drop her a text just to make sure she's not on a meeting to avoid any embarrassing background views of me 'en femme' heading to make a coffee.

EDIT:

I also have my camera permanently covered with a little stick on sliding tab that I can slide back if I ever need to use the camera..it has remained in place since I installed it. LOL

During covid I like many was working from home and was enjoying some me time fully dressed when I remembered that I had a Zoom meeting with our management team in 3 minutes so no time to do much I pulled of my wig, brushed my hair and put on a Ben Sherman Men's shirt then dialed in, the meeting had just started and got straight into it, my mind was drifting and I started thinking that they all have no idea that I am sitting here in a Black Bra and Panties, lace slip, Garter, stockings, black 4" heels and a pleated skirt, it felt great, then one of the women asked if they were Earings I was wearing, Panic I forgot to take them of, but quickly I said my granddaughter and I were playing dress up's and she dared me to wear them. they laughed and have done many meetings half dressed since.

Your wife seems great, Jamie. As I already related, during the lockdown, I'd often do the same: wear a skirt and a man's shirt/T-shirt on when I had online meetings.
    Which is what prompted me to want to dress like that more often, even in public.

Coda: Today I am again working from home with a few Zoom meetings. This morning, I mentioned to my wife I was just going to throw a dress shirt on, and she asked "Are you going to wear heels?" She almost seemed disappointed that I wasn't going to be dressed the way I did two weeks ago.

Jamie, That is a great moment in time, thanks. I would never be half dresses for a waist up meeting, I would be terrified I would forget and get up for some coffee or the cat would knock something over. Thanks for sharing.