Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Strange Woman"

Reality Check

"Strange Woman"

Suppose a friend or neighbor sees a "strange woman" (not your wife) in or about your house. Would you rather they think you are cheating on your wife or that they know it was you, dressed as a woman?

What are some other "excuses"?
    Krisi

I would much rather they knew it was me.
    I wouldn't want people to have the erroneous idea that i was being unfaithful to my wife.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Platinum Member
    Good Morning, first post of the day for me to read. Well, a number of years ago a nosy neighbor did see me in our backyard fully en femme. She knew it was me and told her entire nosy family; three generations of women and one male. No hiding the fact it was me. The entire family were gossips and always were in the street talking to other neighbors. I had to assume she spread the word. Nothing came of it, if they did. If word had gotten back to my wife I would have heard about it. There was another time I overheard some chatter from a house while walking past the community mailboxes that she had "called the cops" when she saw me en femme checking for mail one night. At six foot and 200 pounds I think I'm never going to pass for a "mystery woman."

it's my sister
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Neighbors that live in close proximity to each other will undoubtedly see a CDer if they are walking around outside. No one really lives in a bubble in a neighborhood. Just remember, if you go outside of your house, chances are that you will be seen no matter how you are dressed. At that point, you can't control what the neighbors say to each other.

Edit: I doubt very much that you are fooling the neighbors.

My CD'ed hubby has been spotted, our neighbor who likes to walk around naked in the evening has been seen lurking in the bushes, another woman who takes an evening walk to the drug store to get her daily supply of booze is well known. Don't expect secrets unless you live where there is no one around.
    Last edited by char GG; 10-19-2022 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Added comment

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    it's my sister
    Right! I'm always ready with "Oh, you mean my sister from Minnesota? I'm surprised you've never seen her before, she visits quite frequently." It probably won't work, but I'm ready just in case I'm questioned.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I have cool neighbors. They know. One even texts me how nice I look when she sees me.

I'm closeted but in my case I live with my boyfriend so even if the neighbors did see a woman, they wouldn't think anything of it (neighbors don't know we're bi and in a relationship).

Platinum Member
    Its was a ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    it's my sister
    It's my mother!

...Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

Jeez, I think it's too late to do anything about it, but if I had to lie and was sure my neighbors would never see me dressed again, I could maybe say she was an insurance evaluator?

My SO would have to be in on the charade, of course.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

"Would you rather"... Can you really control the narrative? I suppose, if you are the creative type, you can always support narrative #1 by inflating a male dummy dressed in your drab clothes and playing a Chinese puppet theater of dancing and smooching for your neighbors to see... As for narrative #2, if spotted about the house, simply own it and explain that you are not Matthew's ugly sister but just plain Matthew (the friendly neighbor who exhibited a little too much interest in your washing lines in a few occasions, mmh now it all makes sense).
    Last edited by DianeT; 10-18-2022 at 02:15 PM.

I have a sister in law who visited with us for with us for several years. SO, naturally she is here again.

I have one neighbor who knows about Fiona. I told her that if other neighbors ask her about seeing me she should just tell them that it's my twin sister who visits from time to time.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Just wave and smile.
    Amanda

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    If I had to I'd simply own it rather than project any thought that I would cheat on my spouse.

Having said that, I honestly hope that my first bail out thought would be to inform the neighbour that the "strange woman" was a police constable following up on a growing number of reports of people peeping in on local houses. She left me her direct number if I wanted to share any leads or information. Would you like me to forward her your contact info?

I look quite a lot like my sisters when dressed, so "it was my sister from out of town" works.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Seeing things eh?

"Oh, that was just my sister from out of state here to visit"

"She was a friend from where we lived before moving here that came for a short visit." Since we moved this past December, we've had 9 different couples visit us from a day up to 5 days. It wouldn't surprise anyone if we had another visitor.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

If this did happen, the vast majority would assume it's a friend of your wife's, and not either of the proposed scenarios.

Plus, would the neighbor really ask who it was, because they would be admitting to snooping in your house?

And if none of the above, it was the cleaners.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

One might suggest that they get their eyes checked (with a laugh of course). And then admit that you have some gender issues and "That is just the way I am and have been since I was a kid."

As Forrest Gump might say, "Neighbors are like a box of chocolates; you never know what you are going to get." In my neighborhood we have a wide variety of people and when we have our annual block party we get to know each other and are exposed to our differences. It is all done with great respect for our differences. I suspect most neighborhoods are that way. To me, let the neighbors think what they want: I respect them and I hope they respect me.

Oh, you must mean Sabrina. I've known her since college, but in those days he was called Sam.

Reality Check
    Well, a neighbor wouldn't have to be "snooping" to see you walking in or out of the house or in your yard or on your porch. Or even seeing you walking past a picture window. Some neighbors might see a "strange woman" in your house and ask about it. That is not really being "nosey".

It occurs to me that lies often have a way of coming back to haunt the person doing the lying. Saying that it was your sister wouldn't work if you don't actually have a sister. A cleaning lady would not likely be wearing heels. Perhaps saying it was someone giving an estimate for decorating or a security system would work.

Ideally, we won't find ourselves in this situation, but it pays to have a plan, just in case.
    Krisi

I guess the neighbor could be Superman with x-ray vision so that when the cleaner walked in front of the picture window they could see the cleaner was wearing heels, even though the picture window is probably four feet off the ground.

Many people on this board live their lives afraid of their shadows. This thread is just another example.

What your neighbors see in your house is none of their business. The fact is, 99.9% of the time they can't see in anyway. But people can choose to live their lives worrying about the .1% of the time when the neighbors can see something--and then ask you about it.

FWIW, not only have I been the "strange woman", on at least three occasions I invited one of my GG friends to my house to have dinner (on these occasions, my wife was away). If I was worried about what my neighbors thought, I wouldn't have done it. But I realize my neighbors don't care and they mind their own business, so I had nice times with my friends.

Once again, you can choose to let what others might think run your life, or you can choose to run your own life.

I think choosing to run my own life is a lot more fun, and I've got about 100 threads in the picture section as proof--plus about 50 posts at Kandi's place.

Of course, YMMV.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Well, I am in a brand new to me neighborhood. I have not dressed here yet because I am still moving in. I plan on sitting in my patio which is visible from the street. I really do not care who sees me.
    This is a 55 and older community. It is super quiet. I am not expecting any issues.

If someone asks, "That is my sister visiting" Once they know me better. I will tell them that it was me, Natalie