Thread: Going to spend some enfemme time in Winnipeg

Going to spend some enfemme time in Winnipeg

Going to head into Winnipeg, MB for a few nights by myself this week and will be enfemme more than usual. While daily I'm in female clothes where I live in Brandon, but it's hard to tell that they are female clothes. And there's too much of a risk of being seen in my small city by people I know to be full fem. But in Winnipeg, planning go with skirts, wigs and be out and about. Going to do some plane spotting at the airport, check out a few museums like the Human Rights Museum, malls, stores. Most times I've been to Winnipeg, it's been for a day then head back home. This time I have a hotel room booked for 2 nights. And since it's getting colder here in Manitoba, I will be dressed in warmer clothes. So I'm looking forward to these few days.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Sounds like a fun time to be had! By chance is one of those museums going to be the new look Royal Aviation Museum? I have not been there since the new location of it.
    I have a couple of crossdressing outings around town this week as well, other than the pedicure appointment they are mainly evening events on Friday and Saturday though.

Have fun!!

The new aviation museum is definitely the main one I'm going to, I also haven't been to it since they were in the old hanger.

Since your in Winnipeg, what is attitude towards crossdressing in Winnipeg? I'm guessing it's pretty much a non-issue other than maybe the odd ignorant person. I'm mostly going be in the St. James area of the city other than got to the Human Rights museum and the Manitoba Museum.

In Brandon, I really don't hear of any issues happening. There is a Brandon Pride Facebook group I follow. The Pride March here had estimated 700 people participate. And I'm sure I'm not the only crossdresser in the city. I'm sure I've see others and never thought of it. I would consider myself a restored vehicle that looks good from a distance, but up close you will see the imperfections.

Have a good time. Always great to get out dressed.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Have a great trip

Generally the attitude is fine with crossdressing. More likely a person in Winnipeg has encountered a transperson or crossdresser than a person in Brandon, so it will not be all that big of a deal. Very doubt you will encounter any transphobic attitudes at the museums. I am not much of a mall shopper, however been to Polo Park mall numerous of times and have had an encounter there of transphobic attitude and an encounter where an admirer followed me out to my car. However, those were well over a decade ago. I tend to go to thrift shops like Platos Closet and Adult Thrift shop in the St. James area. If I ever want to spend time at a mall type of a place it will be The Forks as there is more enjoyable things to do than shop there.

Platinum Member
    Sounds like a fun couple of days ahead! Please report back on your experiences.

Enjoy your time in the Peg and do let us know how everything works out for you... at least the weather will be decent!
    Kind of billowing skirt type weather which is certainly not a bad thing!
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

---

Going good so far. Didn't fully dress in the aviation museum since I saw a bunch of kids in there., so no skirt or wig. 3 bus loads of kids running around. But all my clothes were still female. Today went to the Human Rights museum wearing one of my wigs and it was an interesting experience to walk around with a blonde wig. No skirt though. But also never saw many ladies with a skirt on anyways, so I blended in. Both museums are really nice and informative. The washrooms in the Human Rights museum are genderless.

Even though I might not be wearing a skirt or a wigs all the time, all the clothes I'm wearing is female. So technically I am crossdressing. The only thing I have on that might be considered male, is my hat. But still the hat can be worn by a woman since there is no gender attached to it.

Might go back to my hotel room, put on a skirt, then walk around Assiboine Park or one of the other parks.

Got back home last night, a good 3 days in Winnipeg. Yesterday I went to the Manitoba Museum with a wig and a long denim skirt. No issues at all and their restrooms are all gender. Each stall is essentially a single use restroom with sinks. Went to a planetarium show, the science gallery and the main history gallery. After that I went back near the airport and saw the Air Canada plane with the Winnipeg Jets on board returning from Las Vegas.

Then went over to the main airport terminal to see if there was anything new. Since it was a bit breezy, encountered the issue other skirt wearers encounter, the skit trying to trip you. Then from the top of the parkade saw the Toronto Maple Leafs arrive.

On Friday nights after 5pm, admission to the Canadian Museum of Human Rights is free, so went back. By that time I was feeling pretty comfortable walking around with a skirt on. Walked through all the displays and floors. And this museum is the last place where you should see any type of negative comments. One of the employees recognized me from the day before and was happy to see me back. I think she was up in the tower the first time I was there. When I was there in the evening I saw more women wearing skirts, so I wasn't too out of place.

So all in all it was a good outing. Nothing negative happened.

Awesome to hear.
    There is a Drag show being put on at the Manitoba Museum and Planetarium on Nov. 5 that I plan going to. Planetarium is where the show will be taking place so it is a definite outing for me.

Sounds like a good event, have fun.

Glad to hear that your outing went as hoped, sounded like fun!
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard