I realized something today. I call it "personal", because I am sure there will be a lot of people who will disagree or take offence, but I mean no harm. DRAG QUEENS have always puzzled me. 90% of them are gay, yet they enjoy dressing as women and are quite popular in clubs. However, they have always "Freaked ME out". There very appearance shouts to me "A MALE". All sorts of questions have come up in my mind--what is with these guys? what are they trying to do? But in designing my "Madam Leota" Halloween Costume, I noticed that the makeup seemed more like getting up as a clown rather than a "glam" technique. Perhaps I have been a bit "Slow on the uptake", or over analyzing the Drage queen Phenomena---I have recieved the SUDDEN realization, that DRAG QUEENS are actually a legit class of CLOWNS.

Just as we have "August Clowns", "Whiteface Clowns", "Tramp Clowns", "Mimes", etc., for different venues, Drag Queens are essentially CLOWNS too. It NOW makes perfect sense to me. A perfect DUHHH Moment! I had overlooked it. As a Scientist, I was reading all sorts of things into it that were not relevant. I see the Queens in a different light now, and might be able to enjoy them like everyone else.

I hope no one is offended--that's is MY opinion and the way I see it now. Now, realistic "Female impersonators" are another story, like acrobats, there is a "Wow! how does he do that?" factor. I could always handle watching them. But seeing Drag Artists as CLOWNS, I no longer have to Analyze them--just enjoy the humor.

I am NOT meaning the word "Clown" as an insult but as class of performer that uses costume and makeup in conjunction with a comic act.----Other people may hold different opinions. THIS is just the way I NOW see it.