Thread: You wear the most uncomfortable things

You wear the most uncomfortable things

Upon seeing I was wearing a strapless bra my wife said, ?you wear the most uncomfortable things for no reason?. I didn?t have the energy to explain to her.

You see I always wear a bra to work. And I was going to see my hair dresser today. And my hair dresser sometimes moves the collar or my shirt when she does the back of my neck. I wasn?t going to have my bra strap show to my hairdresser so instead I wore my strapless bra. It?s actually the sole reason I bought it.

I don?t think the explanation would have been well received.

Can anyone else relate?

I can relate as my wife has simply said to me, "I don't understand why you want to wear bras and stockings when most women can't wait to take them off when they get home from work." Of course, I don't understand why most women would want to remove their bras and stockings when they feel so good as they hug your legs and body.
    Last edited by Heather76; 10-21-2022 at 05:25 PM.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes, on 2 counts, Fly. When I first began serious dressing I lived with my family. So, I began underdressing to work. However, the bra and girdle became incredibly uncomfortable and since no one knew, it seemed pointless. So, I gave that up after 2 weeks.

Now, I love constricting items like waist cinchers, girdles, corsets, hi heels, etc. Because they not only assist in my fem transformation, but they r as constant reminder of my femininity!

However, I prefer breast plates to forms and as a result I rarely wear bras anymore!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

fly218, My questions is: if you are wearing a strapless bra, would your hairdresser not see the cups in your shirt anyways? My wife also asks the questions about why I wear some items that she hasn't worn in years.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I think some of is the classic, the grass is always greener. I would guess if some crossdressers had to wear a bra everyday, for 8+ hours a day, since they were in their early teens it might not seem quite so fun. I dress around three times per week and even I can’t wait to take off my bra at the end of the day sometimes.

As far as my wife's comments, she always tells me that women don’t wear hosiery as much and no one wears stockings with garters. My reply has always been then why do they make them? If no one wears them it seems like a bad business model. ��
    Rebecca Bas

Platinum Member
    "Why would a man wear a bra when he has nothing to pack into one?" my lovely wife asked of me. Go ahead and try to explain to a woman why a man wear women's clothing when he cannot explain it to himself. I'm not talking about how a man would feel, but "The Why?" question. When the temperature goes up in hot weather my wife cannot wait to ditch her bra because the tightness of the band and cups makes her sweat more. Pantyhose? The same thing. Tight clothing, especially in hot weather, produces chafing. In hot humid weather my wife ditches pants and slips into a loosely fitting dress, sans bra.

I would not even attempt to explain to any woman why I sometimes wear a long line bra and high waist girdle with stockings. That combination of clothing "makes you feel like a woman?" That's a lead balloon!

I don't underdress so can't relate. The dressing is a full-on, full-off thing for me. As for Rebecca's wife's remark, I don't know about North America, but here in France hosiery is very much alive in women's fashion, in the cities at least, as soon as temperatures drop. We even see some girls wearing it in freezing weather. My wife and I have a gentle joke about when we see a girl wearing archetypal feminine attire (hose, high heels, skirt) in hostile environments (freezing temperatures, cobblestone streets, ...): "Now, THAT is a REAL girl". It's a joke on multiple levels, a combination of admiration for her tenacity, of feeling sorry at the same time that she (possibly) gave into gender stereotypes, and since I came out to my wife and we both browse this site, also a reference to some CDs here considering that a woman has to wear such things to be deemed feminine.
    Last edited by DianeT; 10-21-2022 at 10:20 AM.

I had to chuckle as I?m in the same group of us with a supportive wife who still shakes her head when I dress, which is daily. She hates wearing a bra, especially an underwires, hasn?t worn hose, heels, slips, shapewear, etc. for a long time, all my favorites. All my bras are underwires which I wear daily along with panties, thigh highs and what ever else I decide to throw on, which are all very comfortable, she just rolls her eyes. When I met her, she always wore heels and hose. I asked her why she stopped. She said, discomfort, cost, not fashionable as many women stopped wearing hose. I agree with Hiesthebride, they?re still being made. Could we be the primary customers. I have a drawer packed full of pantyhose, thigh highs and stockings. I go through phases. Right now I?m into sheer nylon stockings, garter belts or obg?s.

Quote Originally Posted by DianeT View Post
    I don't underdress so can't relate. The dressing is a full-on, full-off thing for me. As for Rebecca's wife's remark, I don't know about North America, but here in France hosiery is very much alive in women's fashion, in the cities at least, as soon as temperatures drop. We even see some girls wearing it in freezing weather. My wife and I have a gentle joke about when we see a girl wearing archetypal feminine attire (hose, high heels, skirt) in hostile environments (freezing temperatures, cobblestone streets, ...): "Now, THAT is a REAL girl". It's a joke on multiple levels, a combination of admiration for her tenacity, of feeling sorry at the same time that she (possibly) gave into gender stereotypes, and since I came out to my wife and we both browse this site, also a reference to some CDs here considering that a woman has to wear such things to be deemed feminine.
    I don't know how much you know about American football being from France, but in the U.S. we have cheerleaders. When I was a little kid I thought that there must be something really special about pantyhose because cheerleaders could be out in freezing cold weather in a short dress and pantyhose and apparently never got cold! When I got old enough to actually wear a short dress and pantyhose I found out there was nothing about pantyhose that magically kept you warm (well, better than nothing, I guess). I went through a phase (years) where I wore pantyhose under my male clothes in cold weather (so did my dad, BTW) but they were of little practical value. I haven't worn hose or stockings of any kind in many years. I think they look hot as hell on other people, but that's one bug that never bit me.

The answer as to why we would prefer to wear 'uncomfortable' clothes meant for females, is not something women want to hear. It's because we get psychological comfort from it, which is increased even more by the increased tactile stimulation our skin gets from what women find uncomfortable.
    The feelings which women find irritating, we find comforting, as it suppresses the gender identity dysphoria which makes us want to wear female specific things in the first place. But this admission would automatically make a woman think, 'Oh my god, he wants to be a woman. Is he going to want to transition now?'
    And so on. It's the same reason why some of us go through great lengths, to try to change our voices so as to sound like a GG, change our gait trying to appear to walk like a GG, and all the other little things we do to silence the little voice in the back of our minds that keeps whispering, 'You're in the wrong clothes. You aren't walking right. Your voice doesn't sound right.' And all the rest.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

@fly2188
    Since you have to hide the bra straps, you probably don't wear breast forms either. Why wearing a bra, if you don't have breasts?
    I only put on bra when I need it to hold my silicone breast forms. I think, wearing a bra without breasts, is like wearing a garter belt without stockings. You can wear it, but there is no need for it. Why do it?

Think that I have come to a point where if it was not uncomfortable then I won’t wear it! Being so comfortable you don’t know your wearing it just doesn’t work for me any more. And the more comfortable the better! Maybe it adds to the sensory experience? I have even gone and created garments that are extra uncomfortable, almost to the point of being painful. Get those Endorphins flowing. Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Occasionally my wife will make a comment about having to wear pantyhose and heels to work back in the eighties and nineties and how uncomfortable they were I just roll my eyes and remember wearing many of those skirt suits and dresses dang I miss those days!

I think @sometimes_miss has a good point. I know that resonates with me anyway.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

My wife asked one night, "why do you wear a bra to bed"?
    I told her if I don't my boobs fall off...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

For the older folk among us, bras, stockings, slips, belts and girdles, etc. were the normal, everyday clothing of all the women, young and old around us. For some of us, that image of female dress is the one that intrigued us and started us on the crossdressing path. What was it like to wear those things...only one way to find out. Yes, in moments of honesty, women/girls might admit to discomfort or "nuisance" from their clothing but most of the time they just accepted it as "what we have to wear". I remember the face my girlfriend pulled when trying on a new, firm girdle she had just bought, indicating how tight it was. I questioned whether it was too tight and, without hesitation, the reply was that it "had to be tight or it wouldn't do what it was supposed to do". In any case, she would "soon get used to it!". The same responses came to questions about tight bra bands and shoulder straps and about really tightly stretched back suspenders that women often complained about.
    However, when the idea of what women had to wear began to change and stockings gave way to tights and tights didn't need suspenders so they didn't need a girdle....women, including my wife, were very pleased. Over the following thirty years just about all those "troublesome" items of clothing went and women today expect complete freedom. Who can blame them?

my wife says that bodysuits are really uncomfortable, but I adore them!
    luv J

Quote Originally Posted by Karmen View Post
    @fly2188
    Since you have to hide the bra straps, you probably don't wear breast forms either. Why wearing a bra, if you don't have breasts?
    I only put on bra when I need it to hold my silicone breast forms. I think, wearing a bra without breasts, is like wearing a garter belt without stockings. You can wear it, but there is no need for it. Why do it?
    It just feels right to wear one. I can?t explain it anymore than that. I feel like me with one on.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    fly218, My questions is: if you are wearing a strapless bra, would your hairdresser not see the cups in your shirt anyways? My wife also asks the questions about why I wear some items that she hasn't worn in years.
    Maybe. I thought about that. It may have been possible when I walked in or when she was washing my hair. But if there was a strap it there would have been no question.

My thoughts are in somewhat the same vein as Lexi's. I wear women's clothes, including bras and wigs and hose, as much for what they take away; that feeling of displacement, of something missing, as for what they add. They are not always comfortable but they help me feel ladylike, even if that's just in my own head. I don't want to feel like just any woman, I want to feel like a kind, gentle, accommodating, graceful woman.

That said, In my business life I have more than once witnessed the phenomenon where a new woman joins the office who dresses just a little more fashionably than the existing staff, and soon enough the other women are upping their game as well. I don't think they are doing that for physical comfort, if that were the case everybody would be living in sweats by now. However styles may change there is still a great deal of interest in women's fashion, mainly by women, and it's not always just about physical comfort.

I would welcome any comment or correction from the GG's here.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I love being a girl
    Like Karen, I too, have reached the point if it is uncomfortable, I won't wear it anymore. All my panties are a full cut bikini or full brief. I found all other styles uncomfortable when they rode up my backside. Most of my bras are comfy. The odd one I bought a little small I am happy to remove, and if I get a chance to wear for a whole day, or to bed, it is one of the comfy ones. I've been CD'ing for over 50 years because in the beginning I was jealous of the nice clothes my sisters wore, and I wanted them too. I am a man's man until I change into my feminine clothing when I transcend into my female persona. I still walk and talk like a man, but 'feel' like a woman. And I love those feelings, always have.

My wife once said she couldn't understand why I needed to do this. I replied saying I couldn't give her an answer as to why I wanted too either. I LOVE BEING A GIRL! Would I change gender? I have dreamed of it many times. And yes, I would for a few days for the experience, but I like my life as a man too.
    I love being a girl

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisthebride View Post
    My reply has always been then why do they make them? If no one wears them it seems like a bad business model. ��
    Half of the world's population is women. Even if only 0.5% of all adult women in the world buy panty hose, the business model will always be profitable. That said, the widespread use of hose by women under 60 died in the early 90s. I love them, regardless, for the same reason why so many women are turned off by them: the feeling of restriction and sensory awareness they offer.

When I've had the luxury of several sequential days' dressing en femme, I've sometimes felt, late in the day, "I can't wait to take this damn thing off!" Or the forms have felt like they're killing my back. Of course, having these feelings just feed the fantasy that maybe someday I'll be a "real girl", just like Pinocchio.

Dead hot summer and we go for a walk and I'm wearing pantyhose. My wife asks why do I punish myself for.

That's one of the reasons I only like to wear "comfortable" things like panties and romantic lingerie. I think CD'ing should be about feeling comfortable more than anything else. I have one bra and rarely wear it and when I do it's not for very long at a time.

beauty is pain, my favorite part of dressing up is taking it off at the end of the night