Well, I did it! I have officially come out to someone directly. It was my Mom. A little back story. My oldest is a transgender female and has been going through the transition process for a year or so now. She came out to us a year before that and it has been a long bumpy windy road. She just moved out of the house a couple weeks ago and is living on her own now for the first time. My Mom called her yesterday and my daughter told my Mom everything. They had a very nice conversation and it was a great experience for both of them. Fast forward to today. My Mom called me and wanted to talk about my daughter's news and how she was so happy for her. She was talking about one finding one's self and how important that is in life. I agreed with her of course and then I went for it. I told her I have had some identity issues in my life and I said "Well, I'm just going to say it" and I told her that I like to crossdress. I don't think she was too surprised but she was very understanding and helpful. We had some phone issues and I had to call her back a while later. A few hours later we talked again and I went into more detail about my dressing and I even sent her some pictures. Her reaction totally blew me away! She exclaimed "Oh my God! You're beautiful!" I couldn't help it and started crying. It was one of the most touching moments of my life!! We continued to talk for about an hour discussing various makeup and fashion topics and I sent her some more pics. I feel so relieved to have finally come out and said it out loud. Although, we both agree, it is not quite time to tell my wife. It's on the horizon and it will happen, just not yet. Anyway, thanks for listening and always being there for anyone that needs it. I love this forum!!