Thread: Over thinking your appearance?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Over thinking your appearance?

Over the last 52 years I have gone out in public in all kinds of areas, rural, city, and commercial settings. When I first started I wasn't thinking of getting clocked and as far as I know I never was. I was a lot smaller and my hair and face was easily styled and made up to a pretty fair feminine appearance. Ignorance is bliss along with confidence. Then I started to go out with my second wife and the same was still the case. But I had become aware that CDing wasn't well excepted and therefore took on a more guarded demeanor. Fast forward to the past decade or two and I gained weight and lost that natural ability to put on that appearance. I still have and do go out with a little forethought and planning. I find that dressing to blend and age appropriate will let you go about your way without drawing unwanted attention. Simply by the old "keep on moving" and "keeping your mouth shut" policies. There are ways with a little help from a spouse or friend to assist with the talking to do most anything. But the biggest thing is to act like you belong there and have the confidence to just be and act normal in the persona you are projecting.
    Last edited by franlee; 10-22-2022 at 04:11 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!