Thread: Pride in the Park

Pride in the Park

I drove the 25 miles to the area Pride in the Park event today. As we had previously agreed upon, I drove my wife's non-descript SUV rather than my easily recognizable car. (I've never seen another one in the color and striping combination of mine.) I had set my alarm for 8 a.m. when I went to bed at 1:30 a.m. I woke up at 6:55 a.m. and was so full of anticipation I simply got up an hour early. Last night I had put everything I was going to need in my bathroom so I wouldn't have to search for it this morning. I went so far as to even lay out on top of the vanity the 10 press-on nails I was going to wear.

While soaking leisurely in a tub of hot water, I also shaved my legs (even though nobody would see them) and shaved my face of 3 days growth. When I finished bathing, it was time to get Heather prepared to face the world. First thing is to put on a pair of pink lace panties. To me, pink and lace are the epitome of femininity. Next to put on was a purple bra (I think I need a pink one) and my DD forms. Then it was time to put my makeup on except for lipstick. I'm slowly improving except for eye shadow and eyebrow pencil. (See picture below without sunglasses and you will know why I wore sunglasses.) I know the solution will be an appointment at ULTA to learn what to do and how to do it. After the makeup was applied, on with the jewelry (wristwatch, pinkie ring, 2 bracelets, and an ankle bracelet) except for earrings. Again, nobody would see the ankle bracelet; but, a dainty, thin bracelet worn on an ankle is definitely something only women do. At least, I've never seen a man wearing one in drab mode. Next up was my combination butt and hip pads, then the jeans & belt, and then the blue striped top. To top it all off was my wig. Then, the last thing to put on were the press-on nails. Next was a surprise I surely didn't expect. When I went out to tell my wife good-bye, she looked at me and said, "You'd be more attractive if you smiled." I guess when Heather is in front of her, I take on a more somber mood as I know seeing Heather isn't at the top of her list of things she likes. Anyway, a hug and a kiss later and I was out the door.

I took the wig off when I got in the car. I wasn't concerned about neighbors seeing my top or boobs as the windows are tinted enough and high enough that I don't believe they could see them. The wig they could see so it had to be removed. I pulled off the road about 2 miles from home where the clip-on earrings, wig, and lipstick went on. When I arrived at the event, I was a bit early and many of the vendors were still setting up. I'm not a particularly outgoing person; so, I stayed pretty much to myself. After a while, I saw a gal that I approached to ask if she would take a few pictures of me. They were basically all the same so one is shown below. By this time, most of the vendor tents were set up as was the Pride organization's tent. I went over there to ask a few questions about the organization. They have a 3rd Monday Meeting and I wanted to know where and what time. It is a 6 p.m. at a local restaurant/brewery about 2 blocks from where we were standing. Then, the question I really wanted to ask was how welcoming this LGBTQ+ organization was of crossdressers. I've had some folks tell me such organizations they've encountered in the past really shun CDers. Fortunately, the gent I was talking with told me this group is 100% welcoming. In fact, a now defunct group in this area used to shun CDers as well as others that didn't fit a certain benchmark they had. I did speak to a few other people; but, nothing in depth. I had originally planned to spend most of the day there; but, last night I received a text that we had a 2:15 p.m. tee time.

On the way home, I stopped at McDonalds for a burger and fries and then filled my wife's SUV up with $3.129/gallon gas. Next, I went to Walmart to buy more of the KISS press-on pink coffin nails I like so much. Doggone it! They were out of them. I did look at their bra selection and their selection of tops; but, decided not to buy anything today. When I got home, even though I had removed the forms, wig, and earrings before arriving in our neighborhood, I put them all back in place after closing the garage door. When I went in the house, my wife was in her sewing room. I walked in and got a kiss "Hello." OMG!!! She kissed Heather. I weas shocked. She asked how my time was and if I met anyone. I did tell her about the 3rd Monday Meeting (meeting, dinner and drinks that lasts about 2 hours) and said I'd like to go to them. She has no objections. Unfortunately, we will be gone for the one in November as we will be heading back to where we used to live to be with family for Thanksgiving. Nonetheless, I know at least 1 day each month I'll get out totally en femme. All in all, I had a wonderful day. It was shorter than I had planned because of the golf, but, it was still wonderful. Oh, yeah, golf was good even if the score wasn't.

20221022_105818.jpg 20221022_110318.jpg 20221022_110435.jpg
    Last edited by Heather76; 10-22-2022 at 06:49 PM.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

You look good and have a great wife - thanks for sharing

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Heather,

Sounds like a great outing, and so nice to have the support of your wife. Now you have something to look forward to at least once a month.

Heather, Lovely pictures. Sounds like a great day.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".