Thread: Tonight should be interesting

Tonight should be interesting

I have never been to a masquerade ball before and this one should be pretty wild. Hopefully I can get dressed quickly because it starts in a little over two hours. I will post updates later to let you know how it turns out ; )

Sandi

Have a ball at the ball. Can't wait to hear about it.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Looks like I have something to look forward to tomorrow. I have a feeling it going to be a crazy one.

Sandi, I thought that was next week, hard to keep up with you.
    My guess since the season we are in, Hello Halloween, it should be quite the evening. Not that you will have anything to do with amping it up some.
    Crissy

Only two hours to prep? You don't stand a chance.

Shake yer booty....
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Haha , yea Dee I did not get to the club until 11:15 PM and the line was literally as long as a football field to get in. Sigh. But then a lady came down the line and said if you want to pay 50 bucks to get in, you can go get in the VIP line. I knew if I stood in line for long my feet would hurt badly, so I got in the VIP line, and was in quickly.

It was kind of interesting but really just too crazy even for me and it was WAY too crowded. Even though I had some brief discussions with women who liked my attire, I won?t be going back to another. I can not have a good time when it is that crowded.

I did have an interesting chat with people at the front desk at 3 AM when I got back to the hotel and I told them I will try to come back when it is not so crowded.

Oh well. Kind of a let down but now I know better.

Sandi

Too bad on it being so crowded, imagine what next week would be like.
    Crissy

Sorry about the let down I was excited for you.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I am kind of making up for it this morning. I am crossdressed and having breakfast at my hotel, but I found out there is a brunch show bar like 800 ft walking distance according to my phone. I may just have another venue to check out. But moral to the story, never go clubbing in shoes that you are not sure you can stand in all evening. I had to walk back to the hotel with my shoes off last night as my feet were killing me. More than anything else, that put a dampener on the fun because it was too crowded to sit down and give them a rest.

Sandi

Sandi, I'm glad you were able to get in the club. Sounds grand.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sorry u didn't enjoy it, Sandi. Some of my most fun times have been at crowded, masked, costume events! The louder and crazier it gets, the more I drink to adjust! I find that helps me forget the pain from my heels, too!

Of course, I know u like to converse with folks there. With my bad hearing I can't do that even if I wanted to!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Making lemonade from lemons by going to breakfast? Isn’t that a bit vanilla for you?

Sounds like the Yogi-ism, "No one goes there anymore because it's too crowded."

If you hadn't gone, you would have kicked yourself. Now you know.

The perennial question is comfort versus looks. The devil on our shoulder says looks (skyscraper heels). The angel says otherwise. One problem is not enough practice time in skyscraper heels. Another is that some of us tend to weigh just a tad more than the average female, meaning our poor arches have more to support.

We all know you'll be back and lots of readers would like to be your wing-woman (I'm in that group).

P.S. Where are the pictures??????
    Last edited by TheHiddenMe; 10-23-2022 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Add P.S.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Ha, funny you should mention the devil because I got some red horns to go with my red boots I like to wear because they fit me great. I know I can wear them all evening. I should look devilishly cute because I modeled them for the lady at the hotel front desk at 4 AM and she really liked the outfit. Hopefully next Friday won?t be so crazy.

Sandi

I have found that in our area of the country, a masquerade ball is different from a costume party.

Masquerade balls are typically fancy dress with some type of mask. Where costume parties are all out, anything goes. If it was anything like the masquerade balls that I have attended, the crowd is a usually bit "stuffier" than the costume balls and doesn't appreciate those showing up in a "costume".

Just wondering how the crowd was dressed and interacted at the ball that you attended.

Sandi,

You said It was kind of interesting but really just too crazy even for me. In that case it must have been one heck of a wild blow-out!!!
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Ok so the truth be known , this was billed as a taboo masquerade ball and they did charge an extra 10 bucks to get it if you were not in some type of costume. So I expected to see scantily clad women in sexy outfits and there were plenty of tasteful outfits on some beautiful people. Even so, honesty some would have looked better with more on. I am not even going to describe the most extreme , but this was not the normal crowd as I have been there about 7 times. One woman who caught my attention looked like she had a bunch of sticks stuck in her face like a pin cushion. Dangerous if you ask me. I was afraid someone was going to bump into her.

I did have some nice interactions with some, but those were the regulars - not the ones in extreme attire.

Of course when I went to the drag brunch today I was kind of bored, go figure. It?s all good, but I get the feeling people going to those venues are more about hanging out with their friends than meeting people. I only ended up talking with one couple and my bartender.

Sandi