Evidence on this board is that the only time any of these terms are understood is when somebody says they came out to their sister, mother, friend, co-worker as ____ (fill in the blank) and they were totally accepting and wanted to take them shopping! Amazing how in that scenario, one word is all it takes to succinctly describe what it takes the rest of us a lifetime to analyze and never understand.

I've been doing this thing for a long time. Over the years I've claimed to not be may of the things I am. Sometimes I knew it, sometimes I really didn't. I find now that it's easier to go with what people think you are. No point in trying to explain it when we can't even agree amongst ourselves.

Of course, the one that gets everybody's panties in a wad is "gay". I'm quite familiar with the endless arguments and adjustments for context, but I'll bet there has never been a single person I've met or who has seen me (or any of you) in any state of crossdress who's initial thought was not "gay". In my case, that was probably a little more perceptive than I was willing to acknowledge, but even if it's not it's probably not worth a defensive explanation.

I think we lost the virile, badass argument when we started wearing panties because men's underwear was "too rough".