Thread: Had to out myself to an esthetician

Had to out myself to an esthetician

Every two to three weeks I get my eyebrows threaded. My biggest issue when getting threaded is the young ladies who work on me never want to thin out my eyebrows. They just assume I want them cleaned up, not thinned and made feminine.

So when I get in the chair I state that I want me eyebrows thinned pretty significantly, she says, so cleaned up. I state no, please make them thin. She starts working on me and I can tell she is just cleaning them up, not thinning them. You can tell when they take a lot of hair, it hurts and it was not hurting. She finishes and hands me the hand mirror and they were not thinned at all.

I tell her I want them thin like your brows pointing at her brows. She looks at me and says something unintelligible. At that moment I realize she really doesn't speak English that well. So I take out my phone and show her a picture of Jamie all dolled up with my eyebrows pretty thin. I state this is me and I want my eyebrows like this. She says that's you? I say yes.

She finishes up my eyebrows. They're still not as thin as I want, but much better than her first try.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I've only had my brows done once but I told my tech I wanted girly eyebrows.

Of course, my tech is my friend Michelle who has painted my toes and fingers, waxed my back, and been out with me probably a hundred times, so I'm not exactly outing myself to her.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

I just shave mine off these days, and becuase ive done it for years, people are used to seeing me like this, no questions ever asked.

Hi Jamie,

Sometimes we have to do what we have to do. When I started going to an aesthetician I flat out told her to turn my guy brows into girl brows. She said got it but how about we do it gradually so the change is not too drastic. I went with her suggestion and currently wear mine more androgynous.

Hugs,
    Robin
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Hi Jamie, As I was reading this I was wondering if you would show her your picture. Very smart.

Colleen

I would love to have this problem. I have very little eyebrows. I have to use an eyebrow pencil to highlight what I have!

My eyebrows are almost nonexistent sadly so its eyebrow pencils for me.

I had the opposite problem once. I've had my brows waxed or threaded for decades, and they have always been "too thin for a male". I had my hairdresser do them just for convenience once. English was not her first language, either. She said, "You want thin? High arch?" I said something like, "Yes. Aren't they already thin with a high arch?" I think all she heard was yes. She waxed them to about 1/8" wide and with this extreme arch that made it look like I had a perpetual "SURPRISE!!" look on my face. Not a good look for me. I wore glasses with big thick frames until they grew back out. I just started getting my brows done again after laying off for a couple of years. Makes me a little nervous to go to a new brow person, but so far so good.

Hi Jamie, Well I am still a little too deep in the closet to indulge in that yet. But now I know what I need to watch out for.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce Swindell View Post
    I would love to have this problem. I have very little eyebrows. I have to use an eyebrow pencil to highlight what I have!
    Having seen you in person I'll say you do it very well Joyce.

I had essentially no eyebrows because what little there were they were gray. Tired of seeing my face (male or female) without brows I went for microblading earlier this year. At the first session I told the technician that I wanted brows that could look good in either mode. The tech hand absolutely not problem with that and I think the results are just right. When presenting as Jennifer I do darken them a bit, but don't really change the shape.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I shave off my eyebrows completely. They went completely gray. The hair is like wire, and if I didn’t trim them every day the would have stood out an inch from my forehead. I finally got so I hated them so much, I just shaved them off. I sometimes draw them in with eyebrow pencil, but usually just go without. Nobody has commented.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

mine has posters on the wall with beautiful women with thin eyebrows. While I'm dressed in a dress and wig (which I remove to make threading easier), I tell them - not quite that thin.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz