My reemergence into the cd world has turned out to be like climbing a mountain. A steep mountain, and I'm out of shape! I'm taking the day off Monday (Halloween) to try to hasten my ascent. I already know (assuming I go through with it) that I'll try to blend. Leggings, tunic top, ballet flats. That's all I have now. One huge stumbling block has been a wig. My own long hair was always (well, with a couple of interspersed decades ago) my pride and joy. I've had a few wigs, but I never liked wearing them. I cut my hair short 10ish years ago and have adjusted to it. Yesterday I finally bought 2 wigs. One is about bra strap length and is similar to my own hair from 20+ years ago. The other is shoulder length and more age appropriate.

I wore the long one around the house when I got home. I went from not liking it (but what choice do I have) to "Hey, this is not bad" to "Why wait till I'm dressed to wear it!" I wore feminine styles for (essentially) my whole life and the last decade or so of long hair I had highlights and lowlights. Seems like it shouldn't feel that foreign. It does, but at the same time it's pretty awesome! Broken record... I really miss having long hair!

So, last afternoon/evening in male mode I put on my wig and ran my errands (grocery shopping, etc.). Just inching back into crossdressing? Ummm, this is different. Weird? Probably, but I ought to be used to that. Just a wistful nod to when I had my own? Definitely, but what's wrong with that?

I think some (maybe most) people I came in close contact with could tell it was a wig, but even when it was my own hair people would occasionally ask me if it was real. Nobody asked. Bottom line, I liked it and I'll do it again. Some time ago I gave in to the fact that I was going to have short hair at least until I retire. As much as I hate to admit it, now that I've accepted it there are plenty of things I like about having short hair. But, long hair was kind of a "home base" for me. Not just a crossdressing thing. It's nice to revisit that, even temporarily and artificially. I figure this makes me a weird outsider even among my close relatives on this forum, but so be it. I'm going to do it again today, actually.