Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I told my wife

I told my wife

Well, AmeeJo is now public, so to speak. Our company finally left and after my wife got some well deserved rest I went in and told her I had something I wanted to talk to her about. I told her it was not as big news as my oldest when she came out as transgender but it was along the same lines. Then I just said it "I like to crossdress and have since I was 12". She was a bit surprised but did not show any anger at all. In fact it was quite the opposite. There was acceptance just not understanding. She did have some questions, of course. I answered every one without hesitation. We talked about how I got started and where I have progressed to. She was surprised to hear that I have a wardrobe and wanted to know where I kept it. She said I was really good at hiding it all these years as she never once suspected anything until I started getting my nails done and even then was not convinced it was anything more than a phase. I think she thought I have been dressing with someone else but I assured her I have not. She told me to bring my clothes into the house and I can keep them in the closet (anyone who sees it would think it was hers anyway). We are basically the same size. She thinks she might want to borrow something if she likes it. I feel so relieved to finally have this off of my chest and I don't think it could have gone better. I'm not ready to openly dress in front of her yet and I will not dress in front of my 14 year old but I'm in a much better place now. Oh, by the way, she had absolutely no issues with me telling my mother or my daughter first. She looked at it the same way I did as a way to test the waters before diving in.I'm sure there will be more to follow...
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

Banned Read only
    Well done on taking such a big step, and I'm so glad it appears to have worked out for you.

A bit of awkward boundary setting to come no doubt, but a great start.

Well done Ameejo! And how equally wonderful that your wife is accepting. No more hiding - the truth has set you free!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Congratulations AmeeJo, you are very lucky to have such an accepting spouse.
    From my own experience you may get some follow-up questions but it sounds like you
    both handled it really well.

Sophie

A good outcome.

Wonder if she will now allow you to borrow some of her clothes?
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

AmeeJo, I am so glad that your reveal went well. I realize it is a big step, fraught with real world consequences. Your wife's response was perfect.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Well done! She may have more questions in the future but this is excellent news.

That is GREAT!!! All those years of hiding and the stress that goes with it, has now vanished. With certain boundaries, you can now be you. Success stories are always wonderful to hear.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

AmeeJo, That is wonderful and I am so happy for you both! Just a word of caution, even though on first blush she is accepting there may be some up and down times. You did it and so far so good, now you can exhale. You did good AmeeJo!
    Crissy

Must feel so good getting this off your shoulders.
    Expect more questions just be honest .
    I am relieved for you.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

So happy for you.
    Amanda

Thank you everyone! This has been an amazing afternoon and evening. We talked a bit more and one request she made was to change the color of my toenails. I didn't know that she HATES red nail polish. She initially told me she didn't like them when I first got them done but I assumed she was just surprised to see them. Apparently she has had an issue with bright red since she was a little girl. Who knew? I'll probably go in next week and get my toes redone and my fingernails as well. I am definitely going to take all of this SLOWLY. I am still relieved that my 43 year old secret is finally laid to rest.
    We can only achieve what we dare to reach for.

AmeeJo, I would get some nail polish remover and clean them up tomorrow.
    Crissy

They're gel so I have to soak it off. I'll go see my nail tech tomorrow. She'll hook me up.
    Last edited by AmeeJo; 10-31-2022 at 10:51 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Whew!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Congratulations AmeeJo! What a weight that's been lifted. There's nothing quite like that feeling of coming clean and then being accepted. I'm very happy for you.

Well done - you have a great wife

Ameejo, such great news, so happy for you both.

Congratulations Ameejo only another crossdresser can know the courage it takes to open up to a spouse so happy for you that it went well.

Platinum Member
    Glad to hear that your revelation went well.

Very well done, Ameejo. I am sure you are probably on Cloud 9 about now. It is such a relief to reveal a long kept secret and not get smacked around for keeping it. Honesty is the best policy. And your wife definitely has the best attitude toward it. Of course she has been through this before with your daughter. And you have the right attitude toward your 14 year old. That is a delicate age. Congratulations on having such a smashing success in the Big Reveal.

Congratulations for owning it and coming out to your wife AmeeJo. It is wonderful that your wife is taking it well. Keep the trend going. Make sure she tells (and keeps telling) you how she feels about it. You will also need to agree on boundaries (no red nails is a start).

So happy for you! You wife must be a gem! Nancy

Congrats! I'm glad to hear it went so well. Enjoy the new chapter.

Dana

Happy for you that things turned out so well!!!
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu