Thread: Oops!

Reality Check

Oops!

OK, so I order a new bra on eBay. Nothing I've never done before.

A few days later, I get an email from the company saying my order has been delivered (to the mailbox). So, I go to the mailbox, get my bra and the rest of the mail, go home and try the bra on. It fits, great. One more for my small collection.

That evening my wife is looking at her phone and turns to me and says, "Did you order a bra from XXXXX Trading Company?" I reply "Yes, why do you ask?"

Well, the company sent me an email, but they also sent one to my wife. Why? We cannot figure it out. The best guess I can make is that at some point, she must have purchased something from the same company and some computer somewhere put the two names and emails together. My name is not normally associated with her email address in any way that I know of.

Fortunately, my wife knows I dress, wear a bra and boobs, etc. This could have been a big problem if she didn't.
    Krisi

That would be one heck of a way for a SO to find out about someone's secret life.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

I wonder if someone at the company noticed the delivery address was the same for both emails.

It would surprise you what some people can remember.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I would be tempted to send a strongly worded email to the company asking why they had sent information relating to your transaction to an email address not listed on your account. It's a breach of confidentiality and I don't know about the US but in the UK and most of the EU it can result in significant fines under data protection laws.

Might find you get an offer of a voucher or even more as way of an apology.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

That would truly upset. Not because my wife would learn what I've ordered because she's fully aware of what I do and what I have in my wardrobe. But, because it's wrong. It is simply a matter of breaching implied customer confidentiality.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Krisi, That is totally wrong and I would be emailing their customer service about it. Fortunately your wife knows and is good but if you were in the closet it could have been very bad.
    Crissy

Glad that you weren't trying to keep a secret.

I'm willing to guess that the system that sent the duplicate e-mail was automated and not intentional. Just a good warning to others that technology glitches in the system like that can occur.

Kris, If you weren't out to your wife, that would have been a pretty rude outing.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That's strange. eBay sends a delivery confirmation, but the sellers are out of the loop now. Unless the seller treats the sale as if you ordered directly from them. And you have a shared account with them same selling company. If your wife bought something in the past, she would have her own separate account. There must be a link somewhere for her to receive a shipping confirmation

Good thing it was not a Christmas gift for your wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona_44 View Post
    That would be one heck of a way for a SO to find out about someone's secret life.
    Our Amazon Alexa also has a tendency to blurt out in a loud voice notifications for Amazon deliveries to our house. Not all; just some, and randomly. I have yet to figure out what triggers some of those delivery announcements, whereas others are not flagged in this manner.

I have since learned to be very selective in terms of what - if any - feminine articles I order from Amazon so as not to be blindsided in this manner by Alexa.

I don't doubt that the company simply used the delivery address as the identifier.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.