Thread: Wonderful experience today

Wonderful experience today

Today I had an appointment at the VA medical center about 70 miles from my home. Thru this site, I've messaged another member a few times. The 3 things I knew we had in common are the fact we are both retired, the fact we were both in the U.S. Navy, and the fact we both CD. She lives relatively near to where I had to go today; so, we had made plans to meet for lunch. We were both in drab but, of course, underdressed. We talked on a variety of subjects including our crossdressing. It was so refreshing to be able to talk with someone about crossdressing knowing there were no judgements being made. Whenever I'm heading back there, I will give her advance notice and hope her schedule works out that we can meet again.

Thank you crossdressers.com for being the catalyst that allowed me to meet another CDer who I can share experiences with on an in-person basis.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    That is so great to hear that a friend from the forum could meet you and have an enjoyable lunch together Heather. Hope the food was good as well.
    I am certain many girls here have made friends from this forum... I have in the short time I have been a member, and hope to meet them one day, similar to your experience.

One of the big, big pluses since the advent of the internet. The opportunity would likely never have happened 25 30 years ago or so.

Emily

Congratualtions Heather on being able to meet another CD from this forum and have a wonderful visit. Also than you for your service, I retired from the Air Force 25 years ago. Hope you're sble to get together with your frined angain soon.

I?m glad you found another sister. I also have a couple of friends I found here and it makes a big difference.
    US Navy here as well. Submarines.

Heather - that's great that you found a sister to meet. I'm having trouble meeting anyone but will not give up trying.

Val - I have the utmost admiration for sub guys because I could never do that, never in a million years. It takes a certain type of individual to thrive in that tough environment. My Dad was in the Navy Seabees during WWII.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Fiona, don?t forget that when you join up, you are young, and less cautious than you become in later years. I made the sub selection when I was a junior in college, age 19. They wouldn?t let me fly because I had 20/25 vision, I got very seasick on skimmers, and I was the only midshipman on a Marine training exercise not to fire a single one of my 20 blanks. That left boats, and since I was an engineer, it just seemed to make sense.
    No thought of closed compartments, test depth or the real tough part, nuclear power, even entered my mind.
    Don?t sell yourself short. You could have done it too.

Val, can you spell L S T ? Yes, 18 months aboard an LST in Nam. Fun times. But, prior to that, I spent 18 months at USNAVSTA Annapolis and 17 of those months I worked in the Midshipmen Personnel Office at the Academy. Trust me when I say that was great duty.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Mod note:

Please get this thread back on track/CDing topic.

If you would like to continue talking military service, please start a new thread in the Lounge.