Thread: Backward and Forwards

Backward and Forwards

So another year passes and a review is called for. I have to say it?s been largely uneventful when it comes to my dressing. I?m fortunate in that I get a good few hours each week to fully dress sans makeup and even more time to dress partially as well as sleeping enfemme. In that I count myself very fortunate. However having the opportunity to go out enfemme is an itch I?d love to scratch more often.

I knew I had as much in my wardrobe as I practically needed to see me though day by day, week by week and bought only a few items online that were in the sale section and too good to miss or would be replacements for items that?d been worn to death over the years. I?d vowed to largely shop in person while enfemme so that meant saving my buying until my annual week?s Helen holiday.

This year that week differed in a number of ways. Firstly the accommodation I rented wasn?t the usual isolated cottage away from prying eyes where I could come and go unobserved. This year it was cheek by jowl with others in a small village. So while my comings and goings wouldn?t be seen by many nevertheless I?d be visible to those who happened upon me as I arrived/left the property.

Turned out not to be an issue if for no other reason than I?d park right outside the door and hence only visible for a few moments at a time.
    Second difference; I was more comfortable and confident in just being out. On past holidays I?ve had very little apprehension about going out but this year was different. I just went about my business, being enfemme really not a consideration. So very little self-consciousness, it took me a day or two to recognise that fact as being out and about enfemme had become my norm, my default mode.

A little blip to the holiday was not having anyone foolish, sorry, brave enough to join Mel and I in Manchester. I?m know that it?s perhaps one of the biggest steps one of us could make and that the stars will need to align for circumstances to allow many to make that leap. However I?d be lying if I said I wasn?t just a little disappointed however it won?t stop me trying next year all being well.

The weeks since my holiday have passed and the New Year is upon us. What does it hold for me? I guess more of the same however, and I know at least one who?ll tell me to just do it, I?m getting that bit closer to ?having the talk? so who knows what will be the future. Oh and I think I?d like to experience a makeover to see what a pro could do with this saggy old face of mine

But that?s enough of me. What was your year like? Good, bad, indifferent? Also have you set yourself any goals for the coming year?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    Interesting reflections, Helen. Seems to have been a year filled with some great and expanded experience. I will be interested to see what 2023 holds for you.

As for me, 2022 has been pretty typical, a mix of enjoyable and periodic downs. I am trying to accept the rollercoaster as my normal.

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    I think it was a very big year for me. I went from the closet to a very much out and about girl in the last quarter of the year. Local venues as well as two big road trips for 4 days. I have met and have made new supportive friends, both on line & in person that have been just great. Thanks to the wonderful people of this forum that gave me the courage and incentive to pursue my dreams.

Next year should be even better. Can't wait for the start of new adventures. My goals are to have many new experiences and learn from them, and improve my wardrobe, dress & deportment.

Emily

Considering I have only been on this journey a scant 2 1/2 years, I would consider 2022 as a year of extraordinary leaps and bounds in my world of crossdressing. As the year comes to an end, I will have slept in panties, stockings, bra, and forms 364 days. I missed one day wearing stockings, bra, and form due to feeling a bit under the weather. As I am now, often times after we eat dinner, I change into a dress which also means I'm fully dressed underneath. I have been fortunate enough to have been fully en femme out in public 6 times. I cannot begin to count how often I've worn bras, forms, and stockings under my male clothing when I've been out. It is almost a daily thing in cooler weather when a coat will hide my boobs. In warmer weather it's a matter of wearing a lace bralette and removing the forms before I head into a store. The bottom line is at least a part of Heather gets to see the world and be seen by the world.

I have also met a wonderful friend here at CDers.com. Since we meet in the town where he lives, I've not been introduced to his female self; but, I hope that day will come. My goal for 2023 is to get a makeover at ULTA. As Helen mentioned, I'd love to see what can be done with this old, sagging face by someone who knows what they're doing.

I wear DD forms of both the teardrop and triangle variety. The teardrop forms (2000 g) are definitely larger than the triangle forms (1200 g). I've "piggybacked" them on several occasions and love how it feels to have such heavy boobs. I know it would be too extreme to present like that; but, I'm seriously thinking about ordering 1 bra that will handle a pair of EE/F (3600 g) forms for wear around the house. The biggest challenge will be parting with the money to buy the forms.

I know I will have a 4 day window to be en femme the full time and am looking forward to the experience. That will be my opportunity for the makeover I want.

Regardless of what I'm able to do in 2023, I know I've been blessed with an understanding wife and have come a long way in a short time. And, it has been because of her love and understanding that I've been able to experience what I have.

Finally, I joined this forum in January 2022, and have found the support here to be extraordinary. I cannot imagine finding so much love and support from total strangers anywhere else. I trust that will continue in the new year and beyond. Hugs to all.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Fair warning, this is a long, and possibly rambling, post. You have been warned.

2022 was a very 'interesting' year for me. Up until the middle of March it was fairly normal, but then my wife broke her right leg and fractured five ribs on her left side. Went to OU Medical in OKC for surgery. Was there for two weeks, then out Clinton for rehab. Came home the 29th of April to sleep in a hospital bed. June 15th she complained about having trouble breathing, so the home health care nurse got a Covid test kit from our doctor. She tested negative. Home health care nurse was still concerned so got an ambulance and took her to Clinton.

The night after she went to the hospital the nurse in charge of her told me her lungs were as congested as someone with Covid. Our doctor made calls to get her to a hospital in OKC. Fri the 17th they were loading her into an ambulance and hooking her up to oxygen, using a BIPAP, due to sleep apnea. She was breathing so fast and shallow she drained half the tank before they left the parking lot. They ended up sedating and intubating her so they could get her to OKC.

She went to St. Anthony's hospital in Mid-West City. At first I was using what vacation time I had then I was on Family Family and Medical leave from work and going over to see her as often as I could, since it's 1 1/2 hour drive from home to there. Only reason I didn't stay over there is we have a dog that goes nuts when she's alone. In fact in March when I was in the city while she was in the hospital, the silly dog dug out under the fence to go looking for us. I came home early in the morning to try and find her and had help from the next door neighbor who did eventually find her. I didn't want a repeat of that.

The week before the 4th of July the doctor started talking about either moving her to long term care facility or taking her off the ventllator, since she was still sedated and intubated, and just doing comfort care. I said I need some time to think about it. Went over on the 5th and told them to just do comfort care. Was surprised by both the doctor and nurse thanking me for thinking of her and not myself. She passed that evening about 5:15. As my Family and Medical leave was ending I decided to retire from work, since I had been working to take care of, and provide for my wife.

Had her cremated and got the container with her ashes the end of July. Last month took her ashes to a wonderful place that she loved a lot and spread them around.

The beginning of Sep I went to Walmart to buy myself some thongs, since over the last 20 years I have bought, worn and then thrown out several thongs, without ever letting my wife know about it. As I was driving over a thought crossed my mind "I wonder what I would look like wearing a dress". Which was quickly followed up by "Transforming Dean into Diane". So I bought myself a dress, some thongs and a pack of bikini panties. When I got home I immediately put on the bikini panties and dress and felt as if Ihad been only half alive. It felt wonderful to wear women's clothing.

Since then I have bought more bikini panties, more dresses, night gowns, shorts, tops, a pair of women's jeans, a pair of B cup forms, and a few sports bras. I have enough dresses, tops and night gowns that my bedroom closet is full of women's clothing. What little I have, that needs clost space, in the way of male clothing is in another bedroom. I pretty much wear a night gown to bed every night and over the las couple nights have put the forms into one of the sport bras and wear that at night also.

It is absolutely amazing how wonderful, free, natural and normal it feels to me to be wearing women's clothes. Diane is my feminie sides name and she used the thought of wearing a dress and 'transforming Dean into Diane' to introduce herself to me. I'm glad I found this forum because everyone has been so warm, welcoming and friendly.

I would say my year has been pretty uneventful in comparison to your year Helen. I tend not to make many plans due to them being collapsible at a moments notice.A makeover is definitely on my to do list. Emily and Heather have come on leaps and bounds in the last year. I can only look on in admiration. Kim carry on with the rollercoaster . You know how much you enjoy the ride. Diane P . So sorry for your loss. You have had a traumatic year.I never dressed for nearly 20 years. It came back with a vengeance after the death of my father. It can be a great source of comfort and stress relief.

Banned Read only
    Diane, my sincere condolences.
    Like Debbie I've had an uneventful year. It took a while for all the travel restrictions pertaining to Covid to be completely lifted so I was loath to plan a trip in case conditions changed while I was away.
    Hopefully next year...

From a crossdressing perspective, 2022 was an excellent year for me. I got to try living en femme for as much as a week at a time, several times throughout the year. I became comfortable going out for things like grocery shopping even in broad daylight, when every flaw would be visible. The high point was when I went to the DMV (motor vehicle licensing) office and changed my "sex" designation from "M" to "X" (non-binary) a month or so ago. Also, I discovered Thredup and got comfortable with shopping for clothing in Goodwill, where I'm right next to GG's who are also looking for a deal on something pretty. Next year, I hope to come out to my daughter and to a close friend.

Debbie and Diane, I read about your losses, and I hope that you both have good memories and can find comfort in them.
    Last edited by nancy58; 12-28-2022 at 08:13 PM.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Banned Read only
    Looking back at 2022 then... Pretty rubbish. My dressing opportunities are minimal due to childcare and a change of job. My wardrobe has been narrowed down somewhat as I don't have enough room for it all, and don't like how I look in a number of items.

My support network has gone, as the friends I had confided in turned out to be colleagues, which I said all along, but they said they were always friends and always would be. I should have trusted my gut and known that no work colleagues are truly friends and once you leave a job, you leave them behind.

My wife still won't have a conversation about it, which means I am still stuck in DADT, hiding my clothing and avoiding the risk of being caught dressed.

My daughter misses absolutely nothing, and has an excellent vocabulary and clear speaking voice, so I cannot dress around her any more - when a 20 month old is asking why Daddy isn't wearing a bra today, you quickly realise that there is no filter and she will expose you.

So no positives this year. Hopefully there will be more time in 2023 where I'm either travelling for work, or my wife goes away with her mum. I don't get time to myself otherwise.