Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking For Some Feedback

Looking For Some Feedback

To those of you that do not often get out in public, what type of experiences would interest you to step outside of your comfort zone?

For example, I have thought about putting together a "Say Yes to The Dress" experience with a friend who owns a boutique. This would entail trying on and finding that right wedding dress, having a photo shoot and then maybe wine and cheese afterward.

Any other thoughts or ideas?

Please keep one thing in mind, if you were to travel to a different city than your home, no one would know you. For many, anonymity is very freeing.

Thanks all!!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Platinum Member
    Interesting notion. I get out quite routinely in my little town, but being a very rural/recreational environment, there are few opportunities to really get all dolled up. I have heard similar laments from GGs (who like us) may have some really cute dresses in their closet that just never get used!

Anything involving getting dressed up and in-person sharing, makeovers, photography and food gets my attention!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    I would be all for that! Especially if there is wine & cheese afterwards.. lol I wish there were more opportunities out of my area but not too far of a drive
    Just a simple lunch or dinner with lively conversation at a interesting spot, than maybe moving on to a different place for a few drinks for those inclined would be so nice.

I think it is a great idea Kandi. You are right about the distance factor lending to comfort level.

Emily

Kandi, I think this is a wonderful idea. I sure there are ladies here who would jump at the opportunity being with like minded peers and away from the public's eye. The only thing would be travelling for some. I wish you success with this adventure.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Kandi, I know at least a few GG's and trans that offer that service in LA and Vegas.

It may help to list where u would offer this so the girls will know what kind of travel is necessary.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

That's a great idea Kandi, in my case I'd consider a wedding dress shoot but I'd probably be even more motivated if it was a romantic/wedding night lingerie shoot (which I have fantasized about doing) since gorgeous lingerie is basically my entire wardrobe and my ultimate love.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Kandi,

That would be great, like many the distance and timing would be the deciding factor for me.

Keep us informed, I'm sure it would be awesome.

Sounds like a great outing

Kandi,
    That sounds like a very fun experience. If it were someplace that was nearby I'd certainly go. But I wouldn't travel a long distance.

Other suggestions? Along those same lines I'd love to see a wig shop have a similar event. Same kind of setup with the ability to try on different styles and colors while getting feedback from the rest of the crowd.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Platinum Member
    When my wife and I had "The Talk" she told me it was alright with her if I found a support group to attend. She wanted nothing to do with my cross dressing interests. I looked for one. The only lead I found was a Seattle telephone number which I called. This was the mid 1980's when I was in my 30's. The person I spoke to was rude. In reflection I suppose the only calls they received were from friends or harassing callers. So, into the deep closet I went.

I suppose if there was a local support group I'd attend. For a guy in his 70's there is always the generational divide. How does one fit in with someone in their 20's and 30's? When society pushes you to the back of the closet it is difficult to find the doorknob in the dar,

Thank you for your feedback and comments. What I am really looking for are other ideas of experiences that would interest you.

Where these are held would vary dependent upon what the experiences are and where best to make them happen.

We will be creating experiences and events in 2023, which I will obviously share here when we are ready to roll them out.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Here's a thought - might be a little difficult to pull off, but how about our own clothing flea market? Folks could donate good condition clothes, jewelry and other CD related items they are not using for one reason or another that could be sold for very reasonable prices.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

I would enjoy getting out for lunch with something planned following the lunch. That something could be as simple as taking in a movie or going clothes shopping. Being with other crossdressers as we each try on outfits and get feedback from one another would be wonderful. I know my wife always enjoys going shopping with her friends. Why would we be any different?
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Kandi, I agree w/Jolene 10%...

Davina

Hoping to find some events in Provincetown, MA which is overall TG friendly. COVID really narrowed events and they are just coming back.

Say Yes To The Dress was always a favorite show and I always wished they would do a CD version, so that would be on my list.
    I'd also love a weekend cruise adventure. One to say a private island where we could swim and sun and have a bbq/luau on the beach replete with swimsuits and sundresses.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hey boss lady (not really), but I don't think you'll find much of a market for this.

Yes, there are some (many on this board) who are afraid to step outside. I doubt that even with lots of carrots there won't be a sufficient volume to attract enough attendees.

The problem is that because of people like you (and other bloggers) if someone wants to go out there really isn't a gang with torches and pitchforks. The need for "safe spaces" has gone down substantially in the last decade or two.

I spent about 4 hours today wandering around a popular mall with Michelle. We were only one of the few wearing dresses and I was probably the only one wearing pantyhose in the whole place and the only issue was when a young girl going down the escalator while Michelle and I were going up was a loud "you two look great" or something similar.

Then I went to our TG group monthly dinner. It used to be in a hotel room away from everyone, now it's in the middle of a popular restaurant with 10 of us attending. The staff is friendly and accepting.

I wish you luck, but I don't think it's a viable venture. My two cents.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

i would suggest a "meet-up"....i used them for a support group....in the long run it was not viable for me to spend any more money.

you on the other hand have a bit of a following so i think it could be a path to invest in....could change up the events with member feed back....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Right now I’m working on getting my hip shape and walk right. No real need to blend, no one notices.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Say Yes To The Dress was always a favorite show and I always wished they would do a CD version, so that would be on my list.
    That is actually on my list and I can actually make that happen!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHiddenMe View Post
    I wish you luck, but I don't think it's a viable venture. My two cents.
    I know you do and I appreciate the input. All I'll say is don't ever underestimate me!

I just did about 10 minutes of screen time with Tom Hanks (coming soon to a blog near you), am a house model for a bridal boutique and am Miss December in a local calendar!

Now get back to work! It's almost Sun-Dee!!

We are thinking out of the box and are working with people that are not CDs or TGs, that have been involved with planning corporate events and will bring an outside perspective. This does need to be profitable!

Kandi,

There are those who are glass half empty sorts. True it can be hard to get others to engage, to step out of their comfort zone but that's no reason for us not trying.

Stick with it. You may not get many takers but even one is someone from our community who's taken a step forward.

This was the first year that my offer of a supported outing wasn't taken up by at least one person. So, I'll try again next year and that's all we can do, keep trying.

Good luck with your venture. It deserves success.

Thank you Helen. I know one thing, this will either be successful or we simply won't do it. I know it will not fail. This is the necessary vetting process to see if our trial balloon will fly!

All my time out as Jessica has been in another state. In my home state you could literally run into someone you know just bout anywhere. Out of area definitely = freeing experience

Do not be too confident that you won?t run into someone from your state. I was recently in Vegas (2,000 miles away), and found out someone I know well from my gym was there at the same time.