Thread: Crossdressers on Reddit

Crossdressers on Reddit

To all those young, beautiful crossdressers on Reddit, you're welcome!

I guess it's my age showing (again), but... what the hell has happened?!? These boys are better looking girls than just about any girl I knew back in the day! I'm absolutely amazed (and SO ENVIOUS!) every time I look. I tell myself, "Oh, that's OK Rhonda, it's probably filters or some other trick photography", but I don't really think that's it. Obviously the photography is great, makeup is much better and expert advice is easily available, acceptance is about a million times greater, lots of things are better. Sexuality is, ummm... diverse, with a very faint line between gay and straight. I know that we're far from universal acceptance. Boys still get expelled from school for long hair in Texas, for God's sake. There are certainly pockets of absolute non-acceptance and danger, but those are becoming the exception and not the rule.

Back in the dark ages when I started school and until I was in high school there was exactly one boy with long hair. Me. Back when I started getting my nails done in a salon 30+ years ago I was the only one. Now at the large nail salons there is almost always a guy, often with his wife/girlfriend. I know a woman who has taken her nephew to the nail salon with her to get his nails done since he was 5.

Besides just being more widespread and accepted, the facial features, body types, posture, mannerisms, sense of style... Seriously! Not on my best day. Evolution? Good for them, though. I did it in a big way, and for a LONG time. I did it to the point of obsession, and paid a high price for it. I think there are a lot more places to fit in the world now when you're like us. More ways to make a living and still be yourself. I think in a lot of cases young people now are less driven to conform to a particular model of success. Maybe you'll never be the CEO if you wear dresses and heels, but you decide when you're 20 that it's more important to be yourself.

It's apparent, too, that acceptance is growing among GGs. Hopefully, wives and girlfriends are not so subjected to shame and ridicule when they have a boyfriend or husband who is a crossdresser, and just maybe we're getting to where there's not so much secrecy about it. Seems that a lot of women now don't feel ashamed of a son/husband/boyfriend who wears makeup or nail polish or dresses completely.

It's been a long time coming, but once the ball got rolling, it's picking up speed very quickly!

I haunt Reddit too, but I wonder as there are a few here that post pics that are very convincing, and beautiful as are on Reddit too.

Also Reddit has a large following, many times more than what this site reaches out. More people are more likely to "accidentally" find the CD Reddit than to find this site.There are over 50 million users per day on Reddit, 430 million users a month.

Reddit is a different kind of place.

There does not seem to be any kind of control over privacy.

I have not seen any kind of moderation there apart for some things being blurred and described as "Not Safe For Work".

There seems to be a lot of younger people from the gaming community crossdressing or embracing the fact they are Transgender.

I wish them well but I would not post there.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Rhonda, I agree I have occasionally checked out the Reddit pics and have always been amazed by how feminine they look without the help of face app filters.

An interesting post, Rhonda. I don't go out, but my sense of society is similar to yours. Much more acceptance or at the minimum tolerance of people's choices. Of course there are the public policies in places like Texas, but this forum has a lot of Texans and it appears that, according to them, the reality is quite different in Texas than the policies imply should be the case.

There is an evolution of social attitudes a foot in many countries. Still need to be cautious and wise about where we go when dressed, but it appears that there is far more freedom as well as acceptance, especially among GG's. I am a bits and pieces person for an abundance of reasons (age, the situation at home, and just the nature of my identity). But women read those bits and pieces and get it - men generally are clueless. It has been a long time since I encountered a woman who frowned. Basically, things are changing in big ways. Ten years ago when I came out it was very different than now. Love it!

I think forums like this are for more mature established folks

Pinterest/Flicker is a little younger

Reddit are 20s +/-

Tiktoc seems to be teens

/r/translater

That's interesting, because I was looking for another men and panties site. I used to belong to He Wears Panties forum, but that died.