Our friends came over for a drink last night, after a couple of glasses they started opening up about there person problems. They told us that there son came out to them that he is gay. They told us that the no reaction on our faces it didn't surprise us. He started venting aggressively about its the governments fault, they open the door for them with all gender washrooms and worst of all there teaching it in schools. They told us that they told there siblings and parents and they were ok with it but he said he comes from a family of hunters and construction workers and he sees the look on his fathers face when he's son walks in the room, a almost look of disgust. There family was so bonded and now it's very awkward and everything has changed.
We told them when our son was seventeen or eighteen that he never had a girlfriend and never spoke of girls and we were kind of thinking that he was gay and we were going to stand beside him and support him and we were very surprised when one day he showed up with a girlfriend. We told them we can see they are upset but there son didn't wake up one morning and decide to be gay or put on a dress because they taught it in school. Back in our days it was there but we weren't allowed to talk about it but it was there, there were the more confident people who were transvestites and openly gay back then. We admitted that we kind of had an idea about there son but just like our son you just never know. Well after that you could imagine the huge elephant in the room being very careful of what we were saying and now things became awkward with us.
After they left my wife told me that her biggest fear was if my dressing should come out how our bonded family would be. She explained that I'm not really doing anything crazy but my usual Friday night drive is a weekness. I could get into an accident or be seen, if for whatever reason I should get caught in the house it could be interpreted as a private thing but getting caught out in public is different. She feels that if I was to come out it would also cause a lot of awkward situations with there family and especially on our children. I told her i don't have to go on the Friday night drive but that she also encourages it. I guess now that she seen what our friends are feeling I guess it opened her eyes and maybe she doesn't want to lose the relationship we have now and it will definitely change things not knowing how people will react. She felt the Friday drive was good for my, a chance to express myself and that I work hard and almost like something to look forward to. I told her not to worry that I can do without and it's not worth it if she's going to be worried about it every time I go out and I thanked her for honesty and that we can have an open and civil conversations about this.
Well I will miss the drives and she did suggest maybe go once a month instead of every week, almost like a compromise but to me not worth my wife to be worried. I thought I would share another hurdle in our lives.