Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I saw one of our sisters today

I think I saw one of our sisters today

I will admit it, I didn't know that today is Nov. 20 -- Transgender Day of Remembrance.

I was at a large sporting goods show at the Dulles Expo Center today and saw someone impossible to miss. She was about 6 feet 2 inches or so tall (no heels), very thin, wearing a leather pants outfit, boots, and a leather wasp waist, steel boned, laced up the back, under bust corset. She exaggerated her hip sway when she walked, even though her hips were very narrow. She had long, straight, thin brunette hair, an androgynous face with a beautiful, sort of wry, coquettish smile. She took very long steps and walked way faster than I could so I never had the chance to ask her where she got her corset and that I thought it looked beautiful on her. I couldn't tell if her bust line was naturally small and narrow and would never have asked had I been able to catch up to her. Her overall figure was very tall and VERY thin. Either way I would have liked to just pay her a compliment. Some of the men (and women) gave her an enthusiastic thumbs up.

So did I see one of our sisters or simply a beautiful cis lady?

Thanks, Linda

Perhaps you saw someone who was enjoying their life, living in the moment, and just being themselves.

What difference does it make if they are cis- trans-, or CD?

I don't think it makes any difference at all. Whether or not she was one of our sisters, I simply would have liked to talk to her long enough to just pay her the compliment. If I were to have learned she WAS one of or sisters, I would have enjoyed talking to her maybe even more. That's assuming she would have wanted to talk to me at all.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I have learned to not even try to MAKE a CD. even the most "manly" looking suspects could possibly STILL be ggs, and the reverse is also true. I have seen it. Oh, I might "suspect", but I can never be sure.

Ah, OK, I see what you mean.

She looked good. Her smile suggests that she was enjoying herself. What difference does it make what the plumbing looks like?
    As to chasing strange women down to compliment them - uh, no. I wouldn't recommend it.

SaraLin, as I said in a previous post, it doesn't matter at all what she is, at least not to me. I think by the way she interacted with many of the people who noticed her, she was happy and liked being noticed. No, I did not try to chase her down. I thinks she made it obvious that she enjoyed receiving attention, but other than waving and smiling back she did not want to in interact with people. I would agree...not the time to communicate. That seems to be quite the over sensitive subject these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
    Perhaps you saw someone who was enjoying their life, living in the moment, and just being themselves.

What difference does it make if they are cis- trans-, or CD?
    This is how I feel as well.
    Whenever I see these posts I am torn from
    YES someone is going out and enjoying life
    To ….I wish it was normal and not something to post about ….it’s just another day.

Please do not take offense you said it did not make a difference to you …..just saying in general .
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

There is a you tube video going around that shows a CIS woman in a toilet accused of being trans.

Which proves you just never know.

The woman who made the accusation got banned from the store for a day. Not much of a punishment but it may make her think before opening her mouth next time.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I wish to thank all of you for your responses, points of view, and showing me a better way of looking and thinking about certain situations. I meant no offense to anyone (including who I saw), and you've all helped me see how we view things a bit differently now. I recall many posts on here, with lots of responses, centering around recognizing a fellow individual who may have been a CD or someone somewhere on the trans spectrum. Now, I think we all are, even those of us who only CD and have no desire to transition.

I'm happy that I simply let the lady I saw interact the way she wanted with the people who noticed her.

It's very nice that you saw someone who you thought was a sister and admired what she was wearing.

However, personally, I would never say anything to a CDer, whether I knew for sure not. The reason is that some think they are "passing". Pointing out that they are a CDer, no matter how well they present themselves, signals to them that they are "not passing" - which could have a devastating effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    This is how I feel as well.
    Whenever I see these posts I am torn from
    YES someone is going out and enjoying life
    To ….I wish it was normal and not something to post about ….it’s just another day.

Please do not take offense you said it did not make a difference to you …..just saying in general .
    I will totally agree with you there Di.
    It is totally great that they are getting out and just enjoying life.
    But it would sure be great if everyone was at the point where no one looked and nothing to post about.

And Char brings up a good point,
    I am not sure how I would feel if someone came up to me and said something.
    If I thought I was passing and they made me, that would be devastating
    I guess it would depend on the comment they made.

Personally I have seen other out, and have not said anything, just thought to myself.
    They look good, or jealousy that they are brave enough to step out and I am not.
    Last edited by Raychel; 11-21-2022 at 10:10 AM.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I can see I should have explained a lot more in my initial post. If I had been able to speak to her, I simply would have done just that, speak with no assumptions. If SHE CHOSE to say anything about herself, I would have complimented her either way. I made no assumptions and would not have asked anything about CD'ing. What I noticed more than anything was her reaction to the attention she was getting. I've simply not noticed anyone, CD, cis, etc., reacting so positively to so much attention. I AM NOW THINKING, YES SHE WAS DRESSED IN A VERY NOTICEABLE WAY, SHE APPEARED TO ENJOY BEING NOTICED, I AM HAPPY FOR HER THAT SHE ENJOYED HERSELF. I am very glad I did not interfere, or bother her in any way.

Reality Check
    It's fine to think you saw a crossdresser in public and it's fine to post about it here. I don't understand why a few people seem to be giving you a bunch of grief about it. If people post and get a bunch of grief, they may think twice about posting again and eventually, we will not have an active forum.

That said, while you might suspect a person you see in public of being a crossdresser (or transwoman), it would be a really bad idea to try to talk to them about it. First of all, it might be an actual woman and saying that she is a crossdresser would be pretty insulting. Second, if this person really is a crossdresser, you have just told her that she didn't pass as a woman. Again, an insult, but not as bad as in the other case.

There is really nothing good that can come from saying anything to this person that you wouldn't say to any other stranger. "Good morning", etc.

Also, many women are really uncomfortable with a strange male attempting to strike up a conversation with them. Many are paranoid.
    Krisi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Reading threads like this reminds me: The only certainties in life r death and taxes!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Thank you, Krisi. To a large extent, I think you've read my mind. To reiterate, I would never speak to ANYONE and assume I know whether they are cis, trans, CD, etc. Maybe, now, I would smile a little and simply say hello.

The initial responses I received did leave me wondering a little. I admit I have not been keeping up to date with any sticky posts about the philosophy guidelines of this site. After all, it is titled "crossdressers.com". I tend to agree with those who say anyone who CD's is somewhere on the trans spectrum. I don't claim to know or really care where. If they choose to explain where, I'll read what they have to say. Some voice it in a polite way, some in a challenging way, some in an accusative way, etc. I thank the moderators and you for grasping most accurately what I was trying to express in the first place.
    I saw someone attractive, who was interacting openly, I admired, I was left thinking and wondering.

I guess I need to be more careful and cognizant about how I word things in a post, maybe not post in a spur of the moment set of thoughts.

Thanks, Linda
    Last edited by Linda Stockings; 11-21-2022 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Grammer, punctuation

Linda, your post was real and factual I have been in that same circumstance and it's a normal reaction to wonder and want to know more - weather you act on it or not, and still nice to relate the expierence ........................Debra

Nothing wrong with what you posted.
    I have no idea how you'd initiate a conversation with her, but I've found that being on the receiving end of a compliment was always nice, even if it meant that I didn't pass as well as I thought. I had a lady once ask, "Do you prefer to be referred to as male or female?" Probably not a great way to start a conversation, but we went on to have a nice conversation. Turned out she was a hairdresser, and I went to her several times after that. Kind of felt like we'd already gotten through the difficult beginnings.

Sometimes the simplest is the best. I was at a restaurant and a lady who had been seated facing me about 10 feet away walked by on her way out, leaned over and whispered, "You are just beautiful!" Guess that meant I didn't pass, but it was still such a nice thing to say. I still remember it 30 years later, so it must've been memorable.

Linda,

Your post was fine. Sometimes people tend to make too many assumptions about what someone was thinking when they wrote a post.

Fiona
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Linda-
    Both your response to see this attractive female as well as your post were both dignified and spontaneous. Please don't change anything. If you see some one attractive, I think it is fine to make a positive comment. I often go out to elegant events and always a half dozen people, mostly but not always female, will come up to me and compliment me on my beauty. Initially, I thought that I was just passing well in my elegant outfit. However, then I realized that the general public does not approach gorgeous women or men and make a pointed compliment about their looks. I suspect that the female that you saw was an attractive trans woman enjoying being seen by people who think her to be attractive. This is just as it should be, and even today when I get compliments on my looks, I give them a big smile and say thanks and you look good as well. Enjoy the situation!

Linda, there are plenty of us in the DC area, so very well could have been a sister.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Jaime,

I've heard that, but hardly ever see any that make me think "there's one of our sisters". From the avatars, etc., I see posted on here, I suspect most are better able to blend than me. I generally don't try to assume that what I think I see is the same as the image I think I'm seeing. And that makes just about as much sense as the shellacking I took from my post the last couple days (from some responders). Some are very understanding, many give me the feeling that this is sure not the safe place I used to think it was.

A person came into the OpShop on Monday. I could not decide if they were male or female. They bought clothing of both genders.
    I treated them like simply another customer.
    We had a brief discussion re the prices of the article and how payment might be made.
    Still no definitive decision was possible.
    They left a happy customer and will hopefully return!

A funny story which I think is relative to this conversation.
    Full disclosure: I am living/working full time as a transwoman. At my job there Is a very tall (we are approximately the same height), young cis woman who works in my department. We'll call her "Claire", obviously NOT her real name.

Recently, I had an older customer (a cis woman, for reference), inform me that there was a man in the lady's room and that she felt extremely uncomfortable. I rushed into the Ladies', only to find my co-worker Claire. We both realized the absurdity of the situation and laughed our butts off!

Synopsis:
    Old Lady mis-gendered a cis woman,
    then complained to a REAL woman (me) and demanded that I correct the situation.
    Old Lady was then confused when me and Claire exited Ladies room, arms wrapped around each other, laughing hysterically!
    Old Lady then doubled down and declared that we were a pair of "lesbian perverts", and she would never shop in our store again.
    Claire and I were in tears at that point- tears of uncontrollable laughter!

As to approaching anyone who you think MIGHT be a crossdresser, or Trans, I would STRONGLY suggest that people curtail their desire to 'bond' with a sister, and if you MUST say something, then keep it simple, and say nothing that you would not feel comfortable saying to a cis woman.

Try, for a moment, to understand how YOU would feel if, after all your hard work at trying to blend in, someone walked up to YOU and said, "Hey 'sister', I think you look great! You ALMOST pass as a cis woman!" Congrats, you just clocked a CD/Trans woman, AND let them know that they aren't "100% passable".

I hope you feel good about yourself for that.

Please note that this comment is NOT directed at any particular individual.

In honor of our trans holiday this week. I was grocery shopping at 3 PM. The store was packed for the Thanksgiving holiday. I did not see you there Linda.

I did all my shopping and had a few small exchanges with folks. I kept my head up high walk walked slowly though the entire store filling up my shopping cart.
    Down side, my heels hurt my feet 1/2 way through the store. Then I had to walk 50 yards away to my car in the expanse of the parking area.

I am sure I was clocked by those that really looked, because I pass in my mind only. But I did not care. I did not have any comments or dirty looks from anyone. I just shopped. Maybe I fooled someone.