Thread: Expanding my horizons

Expanding my horizons

Hi all,

I had several outings at a local regular bar in the city I was working in the last couple of weeks. I was well received and got hugs from several women last Friday night. A woman I had met on a previous night waved for me to join her at the bar on my last Friday. Things were not so exciting though. It was another Karaoke night. Around 11:30 she said I should go to another club called Vybes if I wanted to dance. Since it was only about 2 miles away I went over. It turned out to be a Latin dance club. It was pretty busy , but not overly crowded. I got a beer and ended up standing next to a couple of Latino women wearing tight white dresses. They were dancing in place while sipping their drinks at the edge of the floor. They looked pretty lively so I gave them a couple of quick booty shakes and they screamed with laughter at me. So funny. So I showed them some clubbing videos on my phone and they absolutely loved it. I was having fun pretty quickly here; although, I had never been to a Latino club before. The only problem is that people were dancing differently than I am used to. I eventually danced with a young woman who wanted to help me out so she said I will be the man and you the woman, haha. That sounded so out of place but I loved it. She was helping me with my moves and twirled me around. I have to say I am not used to dancing that close either, but everyone was dancing like that so it seemed ok. It really blew my mind she wanted to hang out with me and was way friendlier than I expected. Back to reality Sandi.

I think I am up to 33 bars and clubs around the country I have been to while crossdressed. Now that I have expanded into the non LGBT clubs, I suppose it opens up a lot more places, but I do realize I have to be careful out there. I had at least three different women come over and hug me at the first of the two bars I visited on Friday. Obviously I did not pass, or they would not have gone out of their way to hug me. Passing is a goal , not a requirement in my experience. The only thing of real importance is how we are treated.

Just thought I would share.

Tata

Sandi

Great narrative. Thanks for sharing your great experiences. I always enjoy your posts and pictures. You?re an inspiration.

Platinum Member
    You are having one amazing experience after another! Those of us who are far less adventurous live vicariously though your exploits. By contrast, I had three glasses of wine at the local coffee/wine bar early last Saturday evening.

PS…I admire anyone who can dance.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 11-23-2022 at 01:48 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U ROCK, Sandi! An inspiration to us all!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sandi, I think we all live vicariously through your fun evenings and look forward to your next thread/post. Thanks!
    Crissy

Sandi, I want to be you when I grow up.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Thanks all. That?s funny Jamie.

Sandi

Sandi I couldn?t keep up with you. I was tired after reading the 1st paragraph. Good luck and long may it continue for you.

I think you need something like the National Park Passport where you get a stamp when you visit the park. You'd get a stamp for every club you've been to.

You are one of the few exceptions to the rule "if there aren't pictures it didn't happen." You're pretty much a slacker when it comes to showing off your outfits.

As to LGBT versus non-LBGT clubs ("vanilla places"), I've been out probably over 500 times, and IIRC, I've been to two LGBT places, and the remainder vanilla places, so you don't need particularly find a LGBT club to feel safe or accepted (not to you Sandi, but others reading this).

Anyway, I'd admire your courage to go into a place where you know no one and feel comfortable about doing so. I'm curious if you did that in guy life or if it's a Sandi only type thing. I'm lucky to have a friend to explore some of the more adventurous places to help me feel more bulletproof. You're walking the tightwire without a net, which is admirable. And as I have said before, you obviously emit an aura that attracts people--women--to you. Kudos to you for knowing who you are, knowing that people know what you are, and getting out and making it happen.

Definitely a positive example and a person a lot of people reading this would love to trade places with.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Thanks for all of your positive support Dee.

People who know the drab version of me would be shocked. I am pretty much a home body. I rarely venture into any social environments when in drab. I guess that is why it is such an escape in some ways. Despite trying to push myself beyond my comfort zone, eventually that space has becomes my zone of comfort. Perhaps through desensitization in part, and through encouragement by the people I meet in person. Don?t get me wrong, the online support here is great, but when people come across a crowded bar to introduce themselves and give me hugs. It is priceless.

I am really not so much into picture taking, but I have posted enough for people to know I am for real. I like sharing what I do. It can be so awesome at times.

The woman I was dancing with last weekend asked me if I am happy. That kind of made me take pause, and I did not really answer her. I do know that this part of me has enriched my life in ways I could have never imagined when I was younger.

Sandi

The reception you received is no surprise. In fact, I would bet you get a better reception at the mainstream clubs than maybe the LGBT ones. Individual people are very accepting. Very happy for you Sandi!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandi Beech View Post
    Back to reality Sandi.

Tata

Sandi
    For some reason, after reading all of that, and your previous exploits, I found this comment funny!

Sandi, Sandi, Sandy
    You are an inspiration for many of us. You venture where many of us can only dream. And you do it with such joy and abandon. Are you happy? At least part time.