Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man in a Dress

Just another 'Gurl'
    I have not dressed completely in a long time. These days usually just a pair or leggings or similar. So very much a man in a dress. In saying that if I go out in public it will most likely be fully made up. If I ever start dressing around my wife it will probably be something simple like women's jeans and t-shirt kind of thing. I kind of doubt I will really CD fully until daughter goes off to college. That is a few years away.
    Just another man in a dress

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by DianeT View Post
    It may be just me, but I sense a whiff of contempt about MIADs and home dressers in your words ("prancing", "excites", ...). Are you concerned about the consequences for a MIAD to go out and be seen, or is it the whole concept of MIADs in the open getting on your nerves?

I can't count how many times I have seen MIADs being lectured on these forums, seemingly because it would hurt the reputation of other males at birth trying to pass as women. Let's live and let live. The OP has never said he was "excited", nor that he would ignore his wife's requests ("Maybe someday, if she is open to it"). And if his wife agrees one day, I welcome him to go and see the wide open, friendly, accepting world we are all building together in these boards.
    Once again, I post something and someone completely misreads it and gives me a bunch of undeserved crap!

My warning was simply that once people see him wearing a dress, they won't forget it. It could be his co-workers, his boss, his family members or his neighbors. This can have consequences. Bad consequences.

Read my post again, but don't read anything into it that I did not post.
    Krisi

Silver Member
    In short, I go pretty much everywhere in a dress or skirt and heels. Like you, I make no effort to pass as a woman or otherwise fool people about who I am. I feel that if I did try to pass, I would end up looking like the world's ugliest woman and a tragic joke.

As it happens, I was "adopted" by the sales staff of a classy dress shop, who befriended me and showed me what looks best on me and why. I avoid shopping on line as much as I can. Whenever possible, I shop in person in brick and mortar dress shops, where nothing that looks bad on me ever leaves with me. I am ALWAYS treated with the utmost respect and kindness, and many sales ladies know me by my male name. Now, I sincerely believe that my best look is feminine, which has been confirmed many times by random women who stop to tell me how nice I look.

[/QUOTE]What is your experience as a man in a dress?[/QUOTE]. To answer none, I believe to each her/his own.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Quote Originally Posted by phili View Post
    Amen- thanks for the nice way of saying it.

I stopped participating much for this very reason. I understand that traces of maleness ruin the dream for a lot of people- but the dream of being able to enjoy being a MIAD is just as valid!!
    I dress only privately, in a fully binary way (total female package with wig forms and makeup), and take pictures, sometimes a video or two. I sometimes take a few pictures in MIAD mode as well, in other words without wig nor makeup, male down to the neck and female beyond that, and yes there is a dissonance, and yet there is nothing shocking about them, and I consider that they look stylish. I keep these pictures for my wife if she wants one day to see some, I'll start with these before eventually showing full nines pics. I don't look at them often, but I like them. In these photos, even with the forms, I look like me, and the clothes look like mine.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by phili View Post
    So it didn't take long for me to feel what so many women appear to also feel, that many items of women's clothes are decorative and not practical or even comfortable
    I sometimes wonder why nobody ever tried to create a line of women's clothing with actually usable pockets. Once the word would start spreading, I'm convinced they'd make a fortune overnight.

Platinum Member
    Hi Ce Ce , The only person that you have to Please is Yourself,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    re: "The only person that you have to Please is Yourself,"

No, for many of us, we must please wives, girlfriends and/or other family members. And, we have to consider the effects of what we do on our careers. Very few of us live in a vacuum.
    Krisi

That is my every day type of dressing at home. I dress as a woman, but without makeup and wig. Bra and silicone breast only when the dress absolutely demands that. I dress like that on a daily basis, because I live alone.