Thread: Well that was interesting

Well that was interesting

Today was a overcast misty day and family was not feeling well. I needed a pick me up and so wore woman's running tights all day light hours. That part was kind of normal, but I also, for first time went outside in tights with tennies and male coat to walk the dog. Naturally saw many neighbors, duh. BUT, not a one did a long stare nor a double take. My wife also did not even say anything about attire. It sure felt wonderful to have a leg massage with every step. Then the night came and I changed into dress and nylons. Weird the tights felt more exciting than nighttime dress. Maybe it was the new getting out somewhat experience.

Anyway it was a good time, so I thought I would share. And no, I am not bold enough to wear that grocery shopping in male mode. I don't know if any would look ok in male mode.

Silver Member
    No need to feel like a misfit if you're not out in public in a dress. You are who you are, and should never feel bad about ANY of your clothing choices. But, like many here, you are also probably in a state of Flux about your feelings. So, this time next year, you may feel quite differently. Like every else here, I was once very very nervous about being dressed in public or dress shopping in person. Now, nothing stops me. But the road from then to now was a journey that took years of slowly building confidence and developing the personal style that works for my shape, age and personality.

So, dear sister, continue living in your own comfort zone, knowing it will expand along with your confidence. It's all good.

I have woman’s running tights (bought at Costco) and I wear them all the time to run and sometimes bike. I've worn them occasionally at the Y. Nobody has said anything.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Banned Read only
    My running tights (male) look the same as my women's yoga tights once you're below the bum. It's only the bum and waistband that are different, and with a longer coat it's not even noticeable.

Donna, I wear women's leggings all the time. Like you, none of my neighbors have looked askance at me. Enjoy.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Around here tights and leggings are not unusual on men, even quite masculine men. Not exactly common, but among those who do a lot of running it is quite normal. I have even seen old farts like me in stores wearing leggings under a pair of shorts and wearing hiking boots in the winter. It is a really great variation in the winter. Hard to say whether that is a comfort thing or a kind of crossdressing or just mixed gender dressing.

I wouldn?t give it a second thought. I, too wear tights. Love the leg massage, too. So far, no problems. I still prefer my sheer stockings.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I would echo what Suzanne posted. For me and most of my T friends, wearing just tites anywhere would be like eating one grape for dinner!

But, it's about U! Not us!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

This morning I got up and wore houndstooth leggings under my jeggings to get some gas. When I came home it was getting a little warm so I ditched the jeggingsswitched into black leggings and went to my local store to make some purchases.no one batter an eye at me whatsoever.

Banned Read only
    I think a few people in this thread are misunderstanding the difference between running tights and tights a la pantyhose.

Agreed, leggings & running tights are thicker material, unlike hosiery with denier grades. They are never see thru.

I see a lot of men wearing tights when out. I just have the impression that they rode a bike to the store. I never really looked long enough or look for detail if they were women's tights

I've been wearing femme fitness leggings for the gym for over two years now. I've had a few comments but they've all been complementary. I also also wear them for just pottering about on occasion cos they're so damn comfy. I started off with "meggings" before I started wearing women's style, but they really don't fit me that well and I prefer not having the pouch bit at the front as I like to tuck to give a more sleek profile down there

Platinum Member
    Hi Sir Donna , Little by Litle you will be out there and there will be NO Turning Back, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteCD View Post
    I think a few people in this thread are misunderstanding the difference between running tights and tights a la pantyhose.
    Leggings can be like running tights depending on the company that makes them - pantyhose are a close match to tights
    Which are pantyhose in England - so slippery tights worn under running tights or leggings allow for a slippery
    Hug and comfort that feels amazing and in the winter If you slip into a leotard over your pantyhose then slip into leggings or running tights it feels sooo comfortable - enjoy

Just another 'Gurl'
    I used to wear women's spandex shorts when when biking. Nobody seemed to really care.
    Just another man in a dress

I have worn some yoga pants that I got at Old Navy for running in cooler weather for several years. I used to do a group run once a week that required me to change clothes at work. I had to exit the building through the break room where our mostly-male drivers waited for shift end. One cold evening I was headed out in my yoga pants and one of the guys commented "those look just like my wife's yoga pants!" I just smiled and went on my way. I wonder if he noticed my panty lines? or whether her sports bra was similar to mine?