Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever wondered?

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar

Have you ever wondered?

Just curious, not sure why after all these years.
    I was shopping online for dresses (not that I really need another) and wondered, If I was a woman, would I dress in the same style I do as a CD?
    happy Holidays to everyone,
    R
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"

I think so. If I had the body for it I'd wear sun dresses all year round.

Aspiring Member
    I have wondered that also. I dress a lot like my sister. I would think i would have less super fancy clothes and more day to day looks. But I think I would still wear heels and dresses quite often. My sister is in her 50's and still wears dresses and full war paint most of the time. It may be genetic.
    Sara

I often wondered that, I do have a certain style of dress, skirt,tops, that Im always drawn rowards

I think I would wear more dresses when I'm out, instead of trying to blend in.

Yes I would. Leggings are my go to outfit. And wearing them with a short or mid dress would be my dream outfit.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No, why would I? Have u ever thot of what u would have for dinner if u were a St. Bernard instead of a human?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Nope, never thought about that.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I don't think I'd dress much different. Might reveal slight bit more on top because i could.otherwise I mostly dress as others do, though I have my own style.

I absolutely would. For me, "Kris" is a fantasy based on an amplification of those traits which I already have. "Her" clothing tastes and mine are the same, as our past influences are the same. I like both her casual and dressy taste - and why shouldn't I? She is me in female form.
    Last edited by Kris Burton; 11-29-2022 at 01:40 PM. Reason: rewording for clarity
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

If you were a woman, you'd be a completely different person, with a different upbringing, different friends, a different relationship with your parents and very possibly a different body build, apart from and in addition to the obvious gender differences. Even if you are thinking in terms of every aspect of your life remaining unchanged except for your gender, any answer is plausible and possible.

You could even be a transman, with short hair, binding your chest and wearing a packer in your pants, silently wishing you were born with a Y chromosome.

Fun to think about for sure, but more fantasy than anything else, really.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Platinum Member
    this is often presented here as a hypothetical situation. It?s impossible to say how that hypothetical person might dress. I would hope that I dress in a manner that would be deemed appropriate by that hypothetical woman.

Since my wife gave me a few items of hers, I now have a pretty good example of how I could have dressed if I had been born a girl and was now my age. And it's more long skirts or jeans and cardigans than bodycon dresses

If I was a woman I'd probably be chopping wood or working on a car wearing a tie, ugly uncomfortable clothes, and a fake mustache, since I obviously have some damn cd gene in my dna.

Since drab me is still Geena, I think the dresses and styles would stay. The big difference would be i would have more plain clothes. When I get to dress as Geena it is sort of a special occasion, and I wear dresses and skirts, and always pantyhose. Were I always Geena, I would have more jeans, shorts, and t's for everyday.
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

My answer would be a resounding YES.
    My style is my style, it's not because I'm CD, it's because it's what I love to wear.
    I love the variety of clothing available. I revel in being jeans and t-shirt casual one day and then skirt/blouse/heels/hose looking my best on another day. Some nights it's a long cotton nightgown and slippers, other nights it's a silky nightie and peignoir looking fabulous.
    Seasonal changes, weather, emotions and life requirements call for different attire and all of that makes my days interesting and my nights ... well, just use your imagination.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I could pretty much guarantee it.
    Although I bet I would wear pants more often.
    otherwise, pretty much the same.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I've never thought about it like that; but, I do think I would dress in a manner similar to what I'm finding myself liking as I progress on this CD journey. I absolutely love lace and am certain a lot of my clothes would involve lace to some degree.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

No, I would dress like my friends. (GGs).

It's been a few years since my best friend once tried to get me to wear pants. I told her that I wear pants to work, when I'm not working I wear a dress. It's that simple. Exceptions are rare.

Now everybody expects me to wear a dress. It's normal, at least for me. Yes I have a closet full of dresses and I'm constantly making new ones. I'll be wearing one I just completed tonight to karaoke.

"If I was a woman, would I dress in the same style I do as a CD?"

I hate to think what I would be like as a woman! I long for a tall sexy body, long legs and I would love dressing and showing it off. I am pretty sure I would be one of those women that get nasty looks from the frumpy sweat pants wearing gals!
    I would probably be a s**t, just giving it away!

Skinny jeans, low cut tops, tight dresses, high heels 24/7!

My luck I would look like Rhea Perlman or worse yet, Danny DeVito in a dress!

Great question Rachael, hard to say for sure but I think I'd probably still have a love of beautiful lingerie and would wear it to bed as I do now. Since I'm closeted and my entire wardrobe is basically lingerie it's impossible to say what I would wear during the day if I was a woman, likely common work attire at work and who knows what I would wear casually other than that. I definitely admire nice styles and I like what's comfortable (one of the reasons for my love of lingerie), so perhaps a lot of leggings and other "comfort" wear most likely when dressing casually.

I would dress the same, except I would hope to be a little more endowed on top (as a woman), and my attire would be adjusted to make the most of it!

I've pondered that before and have often felt that I would always be in a dress or skirt. But, reality then kicks in and I realize it would likely get old wearing only dresses and skirts and I likely would wear pants, shorts, leggings, etc. I don't have any femme pants, shorts, or leggings. They just don't do it for me.

Yes.

But I do think, I would hope my body would be thinner so I could wear maybe a little sexier clothing.
    I try now to blend in
    Maybe a little easier to have and show cleavage

I think that if I were "really" a woman, I'd dress more casually than I prefer to do now.
    Because I'm trying to hide any masculine traits, I feel that I have to overemphasize the feminine packaging.
    If people looked at me, no matter how I was dressed, and saw a woman - then yes, slacks, casual tops, etc. would probably be my go-to outfits, and "dressier" outfits would be for more special occasions.