Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever wondered?

Never crossed my mind but as a crossdresser I wear dresses & skirts 99% of the time as a woman Im sure my style would include more casual clothing. I do feel if and when my dressing time increases my style will change. Interesting question.

Reality Check
    I try to dress like the sister I never had. I dress as a "normal" woman. Sometimes I will "dress up" a bit, but mostly I'm dressed casually. When I go out, it's dressed casually so as to not attract attention. I'm not one to wear heels to the park or the mall.
    Krisi

Quite honestly, I have no idea. I probably would have grown up in the midst of different influences and a different mind set. But assuming I would have gone through the same kinds of environment that I had in my formative years I might well have experienced a pile of different things along the way as a result of trying to adapt to and adopt a female gender role. And of course that does not include the differences in biology between male and female. This kind of speculation includes so many different assumptions that are little more than wild guesses. It is not a matter of just our environment forming us but what we do with those experiences in the context of the developing person. Pretty unpredictable.

I suspect I would still gravitate toward being an outdoors girl and if I had the same gene configurations that form the foundation of a person;s basic gender outline without being deterministic then I might well have ended up in more or less the same place with respect to gender identity but from the female direction rather than the male direction. Maybe a woman who is a bit masculine but can still clean up real nice, as they say.

But as gender involves a great deal of influence from experiences that are modifiers of the specific biological foundation I have to assume that as a girl I would have had very different experiences than I had as a boy and may well have dealt with them in a different way. In a sense we all start out as kind of a piece of clay that has certain characteristics that define a generalized picture of possibilities and creates some flexible boundaries. Then our experiences and our biological growth, over time, shape that hunk of clay into who we are. But the clay never really hardens; it just becomes more firm as we adapt to the moldability we are each blessed with. The thing is the clay is not being modified by a potter or another kind of artist, but we are changing it ourselves as we experience more and more things that influence us. Hard to say how it would turn out after 77 1/2 years. However, it really is a great question as it motivates us to consider ourselves with respect to the entire package.

I'm not very impressed by what most women wear, most of the time, today - but if I was one I suppose I might follow their example. If I continued to wear what I most enjoy wearing now (very much linked to 1950s, 60s and 70s) I would stick out from the crowd somewhat. While I prefer the vintage styles I can usually wear them only for quite short periods and while I'm not doing very much: wearing those clothes full-time and while engaging in a wide range of activities might connvince me that modern dress is better/easier/more appropriate (just as women generally have done). I'll never know!

I would hope I would dress in the same manner, but who knows.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Yes and no.

Being female and hence in female attire full time if going out to do the mundane things, grocery shopping for instance, then I think I'd be more inclined to wear jeans or leggings especially in the colder months. Warmer times then skirts and dresses would be the order of the day. Clothes shopping I'd like to think I'd be the same as now, smart casual with attention to the accessories like jewellery still important.

Makeup is one area that could see less attention as let's face it for us it's more about camouflaging our features and hopefully as a woman a little less needed to look presentable.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I?m not sure. Actually I never thought about it. My wife has excellent fashion skills and impeccable taste in clothes. Her modeling background is great. From day one, she has been my go-to source of advice. I run the spectrum..dresses, skirts, slacks, skorts, blouses, tees, etc.

Platinum Member
    I believe I would since I think my mindset does not change. Definitely, it is always dresses, heels and hosiery. In male mode I usually expressed myself with colorful attire. I worked in an office environment for thirty plus years and never wore a white dress shirt. In fact the one or two I did have turned yellow because of not being worn. It was always dress shirts with color. Shoes always shined, like my heels. I suspect many men are suppressed by societal norms and expectations. If you look at businessmen and politicians lined up, all of them wear the same clothes. Totally lacking any expression of self.

If i would be woman from the start - almost definitely my style would be different.
    If I would become woman starting right now, almost definityly my style and what I like to wear would not change. But what I actually wear will change significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    [...]...businessmen and politicians lined up, all of them wear the same clothes. Totally lacking any expression of self.
    That's hardly surprising, they're both basically bred from the same stock.

Also, they function in a world in which the slightest deviation can make them a target for calculated criticism. I remember a certain politician getting into a flap over wearing a tan suit, go figure.

To tie all this to our own common interest, I guess we know firsthand how it can feel to be judged by how we present ourselves and what price some of us have to pay for the sake of "fitting in".
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

the closest I can come to guessing what I'd wear were I a woman,I'd look at my sister whose style is nothing like what I prefer...she's pretty much pants neutral tops...never seen her wear heels...kinda takes after Mom's style of dressing, so I' guessing I'd be the same

My wife says if I was a woman I would have been a glamorous secretary distracting the staff in very short skirts and heels I can't disagree with that

I'm me and my style is my style, if I were a woman I would dress the same.
    Jill

It is a difficult question, I'm not sure, I think I would probably stick to more jeans and casual tops. My sister can rock a football jersey, jeans and high heels, so maybe I could too, had I been a GG

Since I already dress every day around the house, I think the only major difference would be that I would be free to choose some clothes that were only accommodated to a female body. (not having to disguise padding etc.)
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Thinking about this more.

If I was a woman I would be 15-20% smaller in size that is almost 3 dress sizes.
    For me from a sz 12 to a sz 6 maybe 8.

Heck yes the world would open up me me what I could wear.
    Would my bust size go down? lol

My clothes would be mostly the same, casual for day to day and dressing up when necessary. My hair would be shorter and I'd wear a lot less makeup, though!

Dana

I hope I would dress the same. Except I do tend to be a little too dressy when I dress. Most women do not dress up all the time. But I like my closet and I do not have casual women's clothes like Tee shirts and shorts.

Platinum Member
    Hi Rachael , That is sure something to Ponder, >Orchid--OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

No, I'm sort of stuck at a female adolescence, and have been since I was about 13. So the vast majority of my girl clothes are of the styles found in the juniors department, school uniforms, cheerleader uniforms, cute outfits along those lines. If I woke up tomorrow to find myself female, I'd quickly go out and buy some appropriate female clothing for whatever I actually was.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

hello,
    I think that I might wear longer skirts,
    luv J

I believe that if I were a cisgender female, I would dress more mannishly. Tomboys represent a sort of ideal for me.

I would if it wasn't for my age

But having a day or two to think about it, I think if I were born a female I would be dressing much more risqu’e than I do now. More of the You Got It, Flaunt It style. Hopefully I would have IT! Lol Probably wearing less clothing, more sheer, that is more revealing. Lots of stilettos, corsets and push-up bras. And would love to try steampunk.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

If I was a woman, I would hope that my body would not be shaped as it is now.