Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossing a milestone

Hope the event at work goes smashingly.
    As far as being home, it is a huge bonus your wife understands and gives you your dressing time. A lot of time we read those here retiring who are closeted and now both will be home now and the worry .
    You will sort it out and have a new normal.
    I am excited for you .
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Congratulations, Eva. I retired back in 2009. It has been a bit of a mixed bag, but on the whole it is good. I relaxed quite a bit the first year but then found relaxation began to bug me. So I went back into the field (ecological consultant) on a very part time basis. I worked with one client I had before that I really liked and we got along well together. They wanted to hire me full time but I was not interested in full time again. So the consultant role has continued. It left me with plenty of time to take some "vacations" to places I wanted to get to know better.

I think it is important to expand your horizons a bit, but do not abandon your former role which apparently was as a teacher. You should consider staying active in that as apparently you have a talent in that area. But no immediate decisions are needed. Enjoy your freedom now - remember, every day is now Saturday. Most important keep your brain active. I found this forum and related reading a bit of an avocation and it has helped me a great deal with understanding myself and others better. But I have a lot of other things to keep my brain working while it still can.

MsEva,
    While it sounds like you had a wonderful job, you'll probably miss the people you worked with more than the job itself.
    When I retired, my wife was worried that I'd be bored and "get in the way" but it didn't happen. It's funny - I can't say just where the time goes, but I usually find my day so filled with things to do that I have caught myself using the cliche "Where did I find time to do all this stuff before I retired?"

You're lucky that your wife is supportive of your dressing, and I'm sure you'll find more time to indulge - just don't go overboard.
    I'm sure the two of you can find lots of things to do together. While most of them will be as a him & her couple, maybe some of those things can be girls' nights?

Enjoy our retirement. You've earned it.
    Last edited by SaraLin; 11-30-2022 at 07:39 AM.

Congratulations on your retirement I retired 6 months ago and had the same anxiety over being the center of attention on my last day my advise just relax and enjoy the day. You are lucky to have an accepting wife hopefully you will enjoy more dressing time. Unfortunately I have not yet told my wife about my Crossdressing but this needs to happen soon since my retirement my dressing needs and thoughts have definitely increased.

Eva, Not retired yet, so no perspective on that. However, congratulations and enjoy your retirement.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

not new anymore just shy VickieBonne's Avatar
    Your career is not who you are. Unless you are self employed, work will survive without you.

Retired two years ago. Held a significant position in the community and have never looked back. The one thing I have maintained is volunteer positions on boards. It allows me regular contact with working people and eased the transition out of public view. I love to be on the highway, camping mostly. Like others have said, not rich but comfortable. My wife and I are opposite. I retired first. In a few years I hope to be a fulltime nomad for a while before finding our forever home.

Congrats.

Welcome to your retirement! There is one trick I learned that may help you. Once you sign off on a lifetime of work and head for the sidelines you don't realize it's different, not at first at least. Then the weight of your new situation starts to come home and it can be scary! Here is how you deal with that:

Now you are retired, but don't think of it as retirement. You are just on a "weekend" off, then it's just a "long weekend" and you deal with that. Then more time goes by and you think, heck it's nice to have this "sick leave" or "vacation time" coming up. And then as more time rolls by you may think of college days and think you are on a "sabbatical" or maybe an extended one. That should get you past your first year.

If you maintain a storage unit you never visit it is often said that if you don't go there for a calendar year there is nothing there you really need so get rid of it. You will look at all the months and years and maybe even decades ahead with an empty forbidding but it does not have to be that way. Once you finally get your mind right that you no longer have to work you will relish NOT setting your alarm clock. Isn't that great!? You will notice the seasons passing and note that you don't have to go out and scrape ice off your car windows anymore. And remember all the days since you were a little kid when you'd wake up on a cold winter morning and have to go to school? You hated the thought of climbing out of your nice warm bed with the blankets and pillows just right after a night of sleep? Well, now you don't have to get up anymore and you can look at that silent alarm clock on your night stand and smile and pull the covers back up and take that extra early nap to start your day knowing you can have that first cup of coffee later, when ever you decide.

Happy retirement!!

I'm sorry but this has turned into a retirement thread rather than MtF crossdressing topic. I tried to get it back on track but it didn't happen. If you would like to talk more about retirement but no CDing, please start a thread in the Lounge.

Happy retirement.