Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better just to laugh

Better just to laugh

I wont get into to many details. It was my wifes company Christmas party last night, my wife was pounding back the drinks with her co-workers. She could hold her own but she was pretty hammered and feeling no pain. When we started driving home I stopped at a gas station, and put gas and grabbed a few coffees. When I got back in the car my wife asked me if I wanted to wear her dress for the two and a half hour drive, maybe to keep me awake and interested. I told her she knows that I don't like to half dress but if she gives me her bra and pantyhose I would considerate it.(Technically the pantyhose were mine already). I figured it was a win, win situation, I get to watch her strip and I get to dress for the ride home, it sounded spontaneous and might be exciting. In the state she was in without hesitation she took off her dress and I gave her my suit shirt and jacket. When we got home she was out and I had to carry her in the house, there was no way I was going to bring her upstairs so I put her on one end of the couch and I slept on the other end. When she woke up this morning she was looking at me confused and trying to piece together the situation we were in. Her first words were if I brought her in the house wearing the dress, I didn't respond and I guess she knew the answer and started shaking her head and told me hopefully our noisy neighbor didn't see after all it was late. She told me not a boring moment with me and if a psychic would have told her on the day of our wedding that we are going to go to a Christmas party and wake up wearing the other persons clothes she wouldn't have believe them in a million years. She pointed down and told me to look at us and shacking her head and we both started laughing uncontrollably. She got up and told me its better just to laugh about it. I thought I would share this, kind of show that our situation doesn't always have to be bad, we could find some fun in it. Good thing I said at the beginningI wasn't going to go into details. LOL

Never a dull moment with you two - you do have a great wife (and she has a great partner in mischief)

Banned Read only
    I would have love it if you were stopped at a sobriety checkpoint on the way home. Thanks for sharing. First read on a lazy Sunday morning.

Funny I love it.

If we all could enjoy a period of time like this. Not gonna happen in my house.
    Pink is more than a color: its an attitude!

That?s a funny story, Maria. It sounds like your wife is quite a gal and a free spirit.

I'm glad that you "kids" had such a great time at your wife's workplace Christmas party, Maria, and that you have such an easy and playful relationship with her that the two of you two can indulge in the many zany hijinks that you do.

That said - and not meaning to be judgmental here - it's never a good idea to get "hammered" at a workplace event such as a Christmas party, as there can be consequences. These kinds of events are not just about having a fun time and letting your hair down. They are also an opportunity to have your behavior judged by your co-workers and superiors - and especially to observe the "real you" in action as you show your "real face" outside the formal workplace setting. Getting sh*t-faced at a workplace social event can be a severe career-limiting move in most instances.

People under the influence of alcohol have a tendency to say inappropriate things when the normal filters are removed, and often to their regret in the cold light of day. Want to say what you really think about your boss, your company, and/or co-workers?...well, that's one way of doing it. There is a reason for the Latin saying "in vino veritas", or the famous WWII slogan "Loose lips sink ships".

I truly hope for your wife's sake that things didn't get too far out of hand with her drinking at her Christmas party, and that the worst thing that happened to her was that all that booze just made her fall asleep in the end.

Maria, I have said it before I love your stories/interactions with your wife. You should write a book.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That's great advice Leslie. My wife has worked at the same place for 35 years, that's why they party well, all good friends and they don't talk about work. It was to bad for the gentleman we just sat around and watched are women have fun. I didn't bring any of my fem stuff because we drove there with another couple, they weren't feeling well and they got a ride from someone else. All around a good time.

Maria, Another great adventure, we do enjoy them.
    Anything new with your SIL?
    Crissy

Too funny! Thank you for sharing!

that is a great story, you always come up with great stuff��

Wow, that is some story! It does leave me amazed that you changed on route like that. It does sound like exciting fun.
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

What a great adventure!

Silver Member
    Wonderful story. Isn't it great that you can share the same sense of humor. Not to mention the same dress size!

Reality is sometimes stranger than fiction. Great adventure.

I believe you may have hit on something important. I now know I need to take my wife out and get her hammered. Based on your account, that should loosen her up enough to encourage me to wear dresses. LOL!!!!! Your Christmas party adventure sounds like a great time. And, your wife is correct when "She got up and told me its better just to laugh about it."
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Reality Check
    I'm glad you had a good time. Like you, I would have jumped at that opportunity.

I'm confused though that you had a two and a half hour drive home from a company Christmas party.

Where I live, most companies have stopped throwing Christmas parties because they are afraid of liability claims if someone gets drunk and has an accident.
    Krisi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Your wife sounds like a lovely partner! I'm jealous, Maria!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

krisi they had the party on a wine vineyard which didn't make sence at all because there was no grapes and it was dark and we couldn't enjoy it the view. But they did give us a tour of how they make and store the wine. The company offered the night stay on them at a near by hotel but we committed to babysit our granddaughter, so I stayed soaper and we came home. I didn't want to get into to many details because I feel like I'm always rambling on and decided to keep it short.

You never ramble Maria - love your stories and love hearing about the way you support each other

Thanks for sharing this story Maria it definitely made me smile it also reminded me of past company Christmas parties my wife and I traveled up to 5 hrs to attend I could only dream of switching clothing and wow that would have made the drive more interesting I also would have driven much slower.

Your stories are never boring. You have a gift of gab.

Some of the aspects of this story are asking for more explanation. How many threads have you read where people have dreamed of living this type of an adventure? I recall many. In particular, more would be appreciated about 3 parts of the story.

Number one-- you changed at the gas station. How did you handle changing, and being at least semi nude in such a public setting.

Number two-- what were your thoughts and feelings driving in a dress. Did it help you stay alert, or just another part of normal life?

Number three-- at home, getting out of the car and walking in while wearing a dress and going into the house. How did you handle your anxiety about this attire? Or, were you so comfortable, there was no concerns at all?

Platinum Member
    Hi Maria , I am still Laughing, ?Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    krisi they had the party on a wine vineyard which didn't make sence at all because there was no grapes and it was dark and we couldn't enjoy it the view. But they did give us a tour of how they make and store the wine. The company offered the night stay on them at a near by hotel but we committed to babysit our granddaughter, so I stayed soaper and we came home. I didn't want to get into to many details because I feel like I'm always rambling on and decided to keep it short.
    Thanks for the explanation.
    Krisi