I have been dressing for years. Aside from my wife no one knows that I dress or that I identify as transgender. We recently moved to a much larger metropolitan area and I have been using the anonymity to express myself more openly. In my home area I would go to Sephora only when fully dressed. Last week I just slipped on a pair of jean leggings and a tight shirt and visited a nearby store. It felt so good to finally walk in without hesitation or looking to make sure I knew no one. What a wonderful experience. I'm taking it slowly and probably will still not come out to the people that we eventually meet and become friends with. My wife is still a bit uncomfortable with that; and I respect those boundaries. I have a doctors appointment next week and I listed myself as non binary. After many years of hiding my true self I feel more comfortable. Would I like to come out fully? Yes. But i'm realistic enough to know the limitations and how lucky I am to be able to come out as far as I have.