Thread: Common items to NOT remember to pack

Common items to NOT remember to pack

I am getting ready for a trip with my wife. We are exploring many areas of Utah and Nevada over a week, and I am only dressing up on our last day in Las Vegas. In packing for this adventure, I am finding that certain items we take for granted on being available while we get dressed up at home that I do not want to forget.

Obviously none of us would forget the dress or the shoes (I just bought my first pair of new heels just for this occasion). I cannot imagine that any of us would forget bra or panties, and makeup kit should mostly be on our minds. However, I thought it may be helpful if we can start a list of those less common items.

Jewelry is the first thing that comes to mind, since I usually do not wear much in male mode.

Would be interested in your experience of things you forgot while packing for a long distance trip like this.

Make a list...I'll start first.

1. Make up bag
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Banned Read only
    Hosiery and a slip

The two big things for me is to always make sure I have plenty of makeup removal wipes and nail polish remover pads before I get dressed.

Sandi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    On my first trip to Vegas for DLV? T events both day and nite for a week, I left my bag of about 20 wigs at home!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Things I've left at home;

Good Forms, (fortunately had my sleeping pair for back up)
    Selfie stick
    Glue for false nails

Nearly forgot:
    Wigs, close callthat one!

Yep, make a list. I find it helps to plan outfits as well to try to limit the amount you take. That never works!

I like otheres here have forgot lots of things for an outing and finally got to the point where I do a trial run with everything I intend to wear. Common items I have forgot were nail glue, nail polish remover, make up wipes, hose, razors and the list goes on. Making a list seems to be a good idea.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I once at a hotel and forgot my lipstick and was otherwise fully dressed. Had to send my wife to CVS to pick up a tube.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Reality Check
    Don't forget your boobs!
    Krisi

Razors were mentioned. Don't forget multiple replacement razor blades to go with. Been there and done that.

YMMD.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Many thanks! I am feeling pretty good that so far I have not forgotten anything. I did just purchase a new pack of fresh makeup removing wipes last week and immediately put in the ?packing staging area?.

Don't forget you perfume!
    And especially, your favorite high-end perfume for a special occasion.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Bring paper towels for when you're cleaning your face of makeup. Hotels usually have white linen. You don't want to leave a mess behind on that or on the pillow cases.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Any hair products you may use. Sometimes I remember to bring what I need to straighten my hair but I forget I'm also washing it and don't bring the shampoo. Yes hotels have that stuff but I like what I like and if I don't bring it I don't have it.

Glue for your forms. Not everyone uses it but I do and if I'm wearing them as I leave the door I may not realize I'll need more later or the next day or whenever.

Not sure how you want to accomplish this but some kind of additional lighting. Maybe an entire makeup mirror? Point being hotels have very dim lighting usually to save on energy cost. This is changing with LED lighting but I still think of it and it's still can apply. Nothing worse than applying makeup you can hardly see.

In your case, I would bring a backup pair of shoes for your outing, just in case your newly acquired heels don't agree with your feet. As they are new to you, you might want to practice in advance. Walking awkwardly in heels is a classic crossdresser giveaway.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Again, thanks for the tips and such.

Patience, your point on the backup shoes is so important. I was thinking the same. I have been practicing in these and I am feeling okay. These new ones are a wedge heel (and I had worn the same height with a more narrow heel in the past). Problem is once we are out for the night (dinner/drinks/show), we are out. I know walking in Vegas is longer than expected, but it looks like a 0.4 mile walk from Bellagio to Planet Hollywood. The flats are easy to pack, so if there is room I will (however, I love these heels so much I will suffer through it no matter what).

Genifer, good point about the lighting. As mentioned, I am actually splurging this trip staying at the Bellagio. If those bathrooms don?t have everything needed for a night out, not sure who else would. I am bringing a fresh pack of makeup removers.

I also thought of one more item myself?.. Purse! I already had it in the ?packing staging area? so I did not forget it, but when I saw it today I said to myself, good thing I thought of it a week ago, as I probably would forget the day before.