Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would be shocked

100 percent of my inner circle (family and friends....Since my male persona was military and now retired.....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

I think everyone would be shocked. At present, only my wife knows. When I came out to her, I know the news surprised her greatly. She told me that when I began the "We've got to talk" conversation, it was perhaps the last thing she would have guessed. I am eternally grateful she was and is accepting. My two sons (age 35 & 37 respectively) do not know, I know they would be shocked. To them I am dad, not macho of course but the main male figure in their lives. At present they do not need to know, but that may change. Other friends and relatives do not know and would be shocked, and although it would completely blow the quiet, super straight, even naive image they have of me, it is not really my concern. It is my business, I do not delve into their private affairs, and if they choose to pass judgement it is their problem not mine. If they don't like it, just don't look!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

I think most people would be shocked but some people may be like aha thats why he had no body hair and always was chatting in groups of women.

I don't know. I've worn hoop earrings for the past year or so, and the other day, when I was introduced to a woman at an event where we were to be given name tags she asked me I spelled my name with an I, as opposed to the Y which would be the conventional male spelling. Somebody at the same event made a comment about pronouns that made me wonder a little.

I suppose old work colleagues would be surprised.

I really don't know.

Now you've got me thinking about why I am as reticent about my gender position as I continue to be.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I don?t know, lemme Ask and find out!
    I think most family and friends. Former girlfriends have told me I?m a real man?s man. Then again, some of them have asked if I would wear their clothes/lingerie. Some have seen the lack of body hair as Jade said. Others know I know a bit much about women?s fashion. I have managed to be underdressed for the last 11 years without outing myself, so there?s that.
    Last edited by JocelynJames; 12-14-2022 at 03:21 PM.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

My son was the only one out of my family and extended family who said "holy shit dad ", refused to accept the reasons for dressings and the medical evidence backing this and now wont stay in my house when he was last here, nor am I welcome,in his home (and wife and kids.) On the other hand my daughter and the rest are all behind my then teenage grandson asked my ex can I call him "transdad" now? when i heard this I laughed and told her yes why not
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I've raised my kids to be accepting and openly supportive of LGBTQIA+ people. That, of course, includes me...but they don't know about this side of me. I suspect the eldest of my three would be perfectly fine with it, even encouraging. The next two...I really don't know. I really don't know. I don't plan to tell them. It might be discovered, and one of them might already know, but I don't plan to tell them.

For me it would be "Who would NOT be shocked?" The only ones who know about Geena are my crossdressing friends, like on this forum. I would also say that "shocked" may not be a strong enough term to describe the reaction. I have what could be called an extremely male lifestyle -- outdoors, working with tools, repair work, home improvement, etc. That doesn't include the drastic change in appearance. Not that I would put it to the test, but I could walk right up to some of them and they wouldn't believe it was me. Sadly, the shock would be much easier than the aftermath of discovery.
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

Majority would be shocked . I would be concerned about the consequences.

I think more surprised than shocked.

Guy me is pretty vanilla, probably people would think I'd be one of the last persons people would suspect of being a CD. Of course, for most non-CDs, I think the idea of CDs is not a regular thought (unlike those of us who think about dressing all the time).

I have told one person, parent of a Trans child. I believed that outing myself to her would let my friend know they could discuss Trans issues with me. My friend said that they were honored that I shared my secret with them. The friend has seen pictures of me, but not in real life.

I have also met a fair number of people (maybe 25?) while out as Dee (most via my GG friend Michelle) and they know I'm a CD, and none of them have had an issue.

Based on those people's reactions, and that of my friend that I outed myself to, I think most my friends would be accepting if I did choose to tell them.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

I’d probably shock most of the people I know if I told them or if they found out. Being in the conservative South, plus because of my job, I could never go out in public where I live. My wife knows, but I don’t think she knows how much a part of me dressing up is. My son (26) knows because he came home one day and caught me dressed up. My daughter (22) doesn’t know. My best friend knows but has only seen a picture of me in my Halloween costume (dressed up as Cruella last year for work. Won first prize. Thought about dressing as a female pirate this year but decided that would probably start the rumor mill going).
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Mythbusters

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I'm not sure shocked is the right word. All on my side of the family knew, many since passed. My wife's close family knew. Being ex military and then working on MoD contacts for my entire life, I never told a single soul at work. Despite the claims of the PR and personel depts, being out in MoD is not something you can just get on with. I don't think any one would be shocked to find out. I'm sure there views and opinions of me would alter though. I have never wanted or needed to stard out. Being 6 4" I do that enough without any effort. So I just continue to enjoy my life and family, happy to observe the rest of the population, but never particularly interested in how others live their lives.

Add to all of this, and the big thing is where one lives!!some places are good and very acceptable and understanding others not so!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Amy
    Great question I bet that a lot more people who we think wouild be shocked wouldn't be.
    Connie

I think all my friends and family would be shocked. If my wife were still alive I don't know if I would have gone as far as wearing dresses, nightgowns, etc and if I had started while she was alive I don't know if she would have been shocked or not.

This is a bit different for me, as I dont fully dress or try to pass fully. Some ex gf?s know, and I?m pretty sure she told some mutual friends when we broke up. She told my two closest female friends a long time before that, one already knew, the other was cool with it.

At home I wear panties all the time, usually with leggings, skirts, and lounge type pants. I havent mentioned anything about this to family as its not their business. I think they?d be surprised but accepting. I think my mom knows I probably lean this way privately, but I dont think she?d say anything. Glad they dont randomly stop by my place. Added short shorts this summer and dont really want them knowing. I think they?d be shocked at the amount of underwear I own, but my opinion is the only one that counts!

Of those that know, some were shocked, one doesnt want to know, but most people dont really care.
    All were surprised though.

Who would be shocked? Everyone I'm sure!
    They may have some idea that things are different, I mean how can you not see certain signs, like a completely hairless body and double pierced ears. People just tend to see what they see and ignore many things that don't fit. They aren't detectives and the outliers are overlooked to keep things in neat little boxes to make their lives easier to understand.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hello AmyJordan.
    I would hope that in these more enlightened days nobody would be shocked by my crossdressing hobby.
    I am now of an age where it could be just explained as an eccentricity and partly common sense (wearing warm women's clothes when men's equivalents are more costly or do not exist).
    The false boobs I have suddenly started wearing might be harder to explain - "they make the dresses hang better" is the best I can come up with.
    luv J

What an interesting question which I have thought about for years.
    My wife knows, one of her friends knows

With that I believe all my family and friends would be so shocked, some would be in just belief.

They see me as a strong conservative, hunt, fish, work on projects on the house or helping others strong, Forman in a majority male dominant work force They see what society expresses and manly or male hobbies.

I believe I would loose everyone,

Platinum Member
    Hi Amy , Probably everyone but myWife, >Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    I'm not sure "shocked" is the correct word, but I suspect everyone who knows me (other than my wife who already knows) would be pretty surprised to find out that I like to dress up in women's clothes and pretend that I am a woman.
    Krisi

Apart for my Tgirl world of frineds and acquaintances, and of course my wife who knows already, my circles of friends on the outside would be shocked or at least taken aback. My career in education, the many jobs that I have held, and my hobbies and sports I participate in only knows the male side of me.

Would I like to share my Tgirl side to them ? Mostly I would avoid telling them. For some maybe, especially teaching friends I have known over the years as they possess a great deal of empathy for others.

Lastly, I would love to share my femme side to my daughter as she is a very accepting person. I promised my wife decades to not do that and I have kept that promise.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

I'd say the less people know me, the more they'd be shocked. Strangers on the street, when I'm in male mode, would be (and were when I decided to wear a skirt in male mode) the most surprised. In male mode, I'm the (tall) guy in a death metal shirt and sometimes a long beard, so visually quite distant from the look people expect from crossdressers.
    Then, colleagues. Then, friends. Then, extended family. Close family mostly knows.

Banned Read only
    I think everyone would be except my wife, therapist and a bartender I knew from many years ago. The first two for obvious reasons. The bartender had a sibling who'd be known as MTF, by today's identities. She spent a lot of time with her, in the community, especially in NYC. She always told me that I would look great "made up". Of course I had to play it off back then.