Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To what degree?

I dress up to 10 degrees Fahrenheit. Above that it gets too hot.

Never what most of you would call "all the way"; no makeup, ever. But never 0% either, socks (if I must wear them), underwear, and jeans are all from the women's side of the store. Why? The socks are colorful and fun, and the underwear and jeans are more comfy than men's. Beyond that, it varies greatly. Right now I'm enjoying the cooler weather and wearing leggings most evenings, something that's usually too hot to bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantyfan View Post
    My question for you is what degree do you dress? How often, and what level of being in public do you dress? How has your dressing changed or progressed over the years?
    My degree of dressing varies. I underdress all the time wearing panties and sometimes bras. There are times when I will wear women clothing like jeans or yoga pants around the house but are presenting as my male self. Then there are the times when I will go full feminine with forms, makeup, wig etc. How much I get into dressing is typically dictated by two factors, my mood and amount of available time to dress. There are times when I want to go fully feminine but don't have the time, and vice versa. Going out in public, the only clothing I worn which was visible to the general public were women jeans. I have not ventured out being fully dressed. Although, I am working up the courage to do that.

My dressing has evolved over time. When I was younger (early twenties), my style was borderline trashy. It was body tight dresses, super high heels and horrible applications of makeup. As I got older, my style became more appropriate for my age with a professional flare to it. Makeup is now a natural / minimalist look. Another aspect of dressing that changed over the years is how I am taking better care of myself. When I was younger, I did not do any kind of skin care and ate anything I wanted. Now I am moisturizing every night before going to bed, removing calluses from my heels, and watching what I eat. One could state these changes are just a natural progression from the younger foolish days to being older and wiser, which I would agree with. I also believe being a CD'er and not suppressing my feminine side has allowed me to be more open minded about addressing health issues and not suppressing / denying them. An example is I recently developed Type II diabetes and really have to watching what I eat. Some people may think this is an unfortunate situation, but I looked at it as motivation to lose weight and drop down a dress size, or two.
    I am just a guy who enjoys wearing women's clothing and there is nothing wrong with that.

Generally when I dress, it's to go out. Full on, makeup, wig, etc. I've been out roughly 60 times this year, or on average five times a month.

Occasionally I will try on things without makeup, or put on makeup and stay at home to take pictures. I will often wear panties, and something feminine to bed.

I've been going out regularly since October 2016; before that a handful of times.

Married, with an adult son who lives with us, but he works overnight and sleeps during the day. Lots of practice changing in my car.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

I don't go outdoors in female attire. Just at home for me. Everything is changed, no male clothing at all, and I wear a wig and female specific jewelry. The wig is important; I've always seen the long pretty hair as one of the defining things that shouts 'female' to me. As I'm stuck in a female adolescence, most of my female clothes are of things that you'd find in the juniors department in clothing stores. So, no outrageous sexy stuff that you'd see on RuPaul's drag race, no wedding gown, no evening gown. And as my knees have completely worn out, I wear mostly flats of some sort, the heels remain in the boxes most of the time.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I rarely have the time nor opportunity to do much but one thing I have taken to doing is wearing sandals to show off my pedicured feet whenever the weather allows for it. My wife does not know about the cross dressing but a few years ago, I started getting colour on pedicures. She was resistant at first but for the most part she accept it now and even compliments me from time to time.

For example, last week we got Christmas pedis with matching colour, OPI's "I'm Not Really A Waitress." She has mentioned more than once how she really likes the colour when she has seen it on my toes.

100 percent present or nothing...
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    To what degree? Is a open ended ?
    Since you are new here and you name is Pantyfan I will assume you are at this point a fetish crossdresser.

I go by Michelle, I start at 5 or 6 years old with wearing a girl friend panty when we switched underwear. But the desire was before that day. I underdress daily in panties, and bra and forms when the pink fog feels like it going to roll in, leggings especially in the winter/fall to keep warm. Leggings and shorts are good when exercising.
    When pink fog develops some clothing is required to address the pink fog.

I actually do not care for labels, but I do prefer the transgender label since I believe we all are somewhere on the transgender scale. Ie(crossdresser to transsexual) and every term used in the middle as a group of individuals. Yes, others has terms they use, but there no hard lines in the sand. Everyone can us what ever term they want.

To what degree? Transgender
    Length of time: 60 + years
    Last edited by Michelle1955; 12-26-2022 at 09:45 AM.

hello Pantyfan,
    Oh I do wish Universities offered a degree in crossdressing! I am sure that many members of this forum would get firsts!
    To give a more serious answer - I pretty much go all the way at home with my wife and always wear something feminine in public without attempting to "pass".
    stay healthy!
    luv J

I underdress daily. Full lingerie most days. Hosiery bra panties shapewear.

No Heel is Too High.... When it's Pointed at the Ceiling

For me, I dress 100% or nothing. I might put some lipstick and mascara on for a little pop when not dressing.

When I dress I go out as needed. I do tend to wear dresses and not pants or tights. So, I am usually a bit overdressed when shopping for clothes or food stores.

3 to 4x a week is my average. I spend all day dressed. My wife has spent time with me and has seem me in most of my wardrobe. Some dresses she does not like but other are "looking nice" on me.

So to what degree? I do not really know the question. But I think I answered it.

I will say this, If I did not care what people (my family) thought of me, I would be a woman 85% of the time.

I wear romantic lingerie or satin pjs to bed every night and have been for years!

Banned Read only
    My best time was my twenties and thirties when I was going out dressed about twice a week.
    Now retired and living alone I can dress when I want so will wear at least lingerie and nylons most days. Very rarely go the full nine yards at home. There's no way I would leave the house dressed. But occasionally I visit a local support group. I also plan trips to London, Manchester, or points further afield where I can binge and go out dressed for several days at a time. It was going so well until Covid shut everything down.
    Hopefully next year will be much better.

I live alone, since my wife passed in July, so I under dress every day, at the very least bikini panties. I have a pair of B cup forms and found that I can put them into a sports bra I bought. I've been wearing that just about every day, enjoy the feel and love looking down at the forms. Just about every night wear a night gown to bed, and the last couple days add the sports bra and forms to bed. Wear a dress or shorts and top during the day when the pink fog rolls in.

Haven't gone out dressed as Diane yet. I'm thinking about doing so at a convention in Tulsa the end of next month. Kind of excited about Diane being able to go to sometihng, will of course wear a Covid mask to hide my beard. Depending on how that goes I might go to another convention the end of Sep - beginning of Oct as Diane.